1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah individually Ox and Marko amount to little. Together they are Australia's very own Dumb and Dumber.

KB is a very funny guy IMO. Trolling his guests can be funny - surely the only reason Denham has a gig.

Never been a big fan of Lyon - has a massive negative undertone to him. But he works well with Watson IMO. Always enjoyed Tim's dryness - with EFC he is hopelessly compromised and I think he recognised that and eventually stepped away from SEN during the drugs thing.

Frawley just seems to be a limited guy - not sure what he offers. Can't tolerate Hame and McLure. Smugness may be a problem with breakfast SEN - Lyon and Watson will have their work cut out balancing it out. Can see Lyon taking McLure apart at various stages.
Ham is smugness personified, cannot stand the prick.

KB was ok, but over time he just gets annoying. The best guest he has is Jason Richardson (who imo is one of the best media performers across all media streams)

KB is terrible, I can't believe people think he is remotely good.

Looking forward to seeing how the new breakfast show goes!

Out - Mark Allen, knowledge of all sport except for golf minimal, tries to hide this by trying to be funny.

In -Chuck Berry

TBH I haven't really found Chuck to be all that impressive. Just a bit meh and a bit part player at best

I think he was a bit nervous but I was surprised with his knowledge of several sports. Sounded like he had researched.

I was probably the opposite I didn't think he followed other sports enough.

That's why I loved Harf on the arvos as he seamlessly switched from sport to sport and had a fair grasp on all of them

I was probably the opposite I didn't think he followed other sports enough.

That's why I loved Harf on the arvos as he seamlessly switched from sport to sport and had a fair grasp on all of them
Agree Harf has a strong knowledge of cricket, American sports, horse racing and soccer.

Agree Harf has a strong knowledge of cricket, American sports, horse racing and soccer.

Add tennis, netball and he even tried to dabble in the rugby. He was well researched even if he didn't know what he was talking about it sounded like he did.

Whereas with chuck he sounds like a fish out of water with anything outside of cricket.

Add tennis, netball and he even tried to dabble in the rugby. He was well researched even if he didn't know what he was talking about it sounded like he did.

Whereas with chuck he sounds like a fish out of water with anything outside of cricket.
Played under 19's at St.Kilda and did his best when it came to other sports. Probably not a natural radio presenter.
Mark Allen on the other hand is a f***wit

Don't mind having Berry even if his general knowledge isn't outstanding. SEN in general have treated cricket poorly - Dawson and Hogg don't count - so to have someone who can talk cricket intelligently in summer makes sense, considering a decent amount of their target market would be keen on cricket. Should have happened years ago.

Don't mind having Berry even if his general knowledge isn't outstanding. SEN in general have treated cricket poorly - Dawson and Hogg don't count - so to have someone who can talk cricket intelligently in summer makes sense, considering a decent amount of their target market would be keen on cricket. Should have happened years ago.

Agree. Cricket is still the main summer sport and to have not had a presenter with a cricket background until now was remiss of SEN imo. After all they have Marco (golf) and had Gazey (basketball) as permenant presenters even though their sports are less significant than cricket. Berry's not sensational but, yep, definitely better than Hogg and Smokey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah individually Ox and Marko amount to little. Together they are Australia's very own Dumb and Dumber.

KB is a very funny guy IMO. Trolling his guests can be funny - surely the only reason Denham has a gig.

Never been a big fan of Lyon - has a massive negative undertone to him. But he works well with Watson IMO. Always enjoyed Tim's dryness - with EFC he is hopelessly compromised and I think he recognised that and eventually stepped away from SEN during the drugs thing.

Frawley just seems to be a limited guy - not sure what he offers. Can't tolerate Hame and McLure. Smugness may be a problem with breakfast SEN - Lyon and Watson will have their work cut out balancing it out. Can see Lyon taking McLure apart at various stages.

I love when KB predicts the margin that Richmond will beat Carlton by. And when he buys hes Carlton membership for the trolls.

Agree. Cricket is still the main summer sport and to have not had a presenter with a cricket background until now was remiss of SEN imo. After all they have Marco (golf) and had Gazey (basketball) as permenant presenters even though their sports are less significant than cricket. Berry's not sensational but, yep, definitely better than Hogg and Smokey.

That is a very good point and have never really thought of it that way. I don't mind Chuck as a fill in / short segment but can't see him in a full time hosting roll.

Actually after listening to Leach on afternoons the shift suits him better as he's not a funny man so when he tries it's cringeworthy. Will be a better solo host than Maher who needs the back and forward banter to be even half entertaining.

Didn't mind it TBH.

McLaughlin is a prat but he makes a decent radio host, wWatson is bareable despite the Essendon bias because at least your listening to someone semi coherent compared to Schwarze, Lyon has always been decent.

Despite all that has gone on in the past 12-18 months, when he's in a serious role I quite enjoy Gary Lyon. I didn't mind this morning to be honest, I think I could get used to it.

Lyon was solid as I said. Watson is bearable, in fact actually okay if they talk anything non-Essendon. McLaughlin is very meh, I really don't like the bloke and I feel there's a fair conflict of interest when it comes to discussing anything to do with the AFL commission, but from what I heard today he took a bit of a backseat on the discussions/questions and stuck mostly to hosting, which is okay with me. I think it's definitely an improvement on Frank and Ox or the two Andy's. Ox is loveable and he and Leach had good chemistry but the show just didn't seem to fit for a breakfast show. Too many dumb moments and too much try-to-be-funny segments. It might just be me but I think the morning show should be the most serious sport/footy discussion show. Ox and Marko as the jovial, light-hearted drive home show makes more sense, and suits their personalities.

One thing that I did see as an issue, though, was with Sheehan and McClure on at the same time it meant you had 5 blokes all trying to get their say in. Seemed a bit much for me.

On the rest of the SEN panel, as I said I actually enjoy Marko and the Ox. When you stop taking them seriously and can look past Marko's embarrassing knowledge of any sport other than golf, they're quite funny to listen to on the way home from work.

KB sh*ts me to tears. His opinions are washed-up and way, way outdated, and for someone who has a different segment/s for a lot of sports (basketball, soccer, rugby league etc.) he really knows nothing about any sport other than Footy, Golf and Horse Racing. I thoroughly enjoyed Rohan Conolly having the 9am slot over KB, even as a fill in, over summer. The only time I enjoy him is when Turfy is on.

Haven't listened to Leach on his own yet so will reserve judgement. Don't think he'll be as good as Harf but surely more bearable than Maher.

I don't mind Finey, to be honest. He's very witty, can be very funny on occasions and certainly doesn't hold back his opinion or sit on the fence, which a lot of media presenters do do. Don't always agree with him but I'll take that over a fence-sitter any day. I enjoy the Thursday night lineup with League teams, Bush and the burbs and selection dissection. I don't listen to Finey a lot, though.

Didn't mind it TBH.

McLaughlin is a prat but he makes a decent radio host, wWatson is bareable despite the Essendon bias because at least your listening to someone semi coherent compared to Schwarze, Lyon has always been decent.
Same actually, maybe it was because they were back to some footy talk and all. Also dont mind Hame, sure hes annoying at times but generally he dosent fuss me too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back