1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve tried listening twice but there is just something not right about Hamish, it's like listening to 3 hours of his really awkward NAB little league half time interviews.

I listened for a bit last night and they were flogging the "new look" breakfast ads mercilessly. When the ad said "The Godfather", I was actually thought/hoped it was the talkback caller who does the Godfather imitation - he cracks me up for some reason LOL

It boggles my mind that, in 2017, people still view a woman as her husbands property - ie. "he stole his mates wife." As though she doesn't have her own agency and isn't/wasn't responsible for her own decisions.

I suspect people's view on Lyon's interview this morning will largely depend on their own lived experiences. I think those who have experienced mental illness are likely to appreciate his candor, his willingness to talk about it, and they way he approached it with his kids. The part about not being able to explain it to those who have never experienced it especially resonated with me, as did the part about mental illness not making you stop doing everything - on the contrary, you cling to the routine.

I think those who have never experienced it, or who are still living in the 20th century and treating their wives as "their property" are more likely to throw s**t at Lyon forever.

It boggles my mind that, in 2017, people still view a woman as her husbands property - ie. "he stole his mates wife." As though she doesn't have her own agency and isn't/wasn't responsible for her own decisions.

I suspect people's view on Lyon's interview this morning will largely depend on their own lived experiences. I think those who have experienced mental illness are likely to appreciate his candor, his willingness to talk about it, and they way he approached it with his kids. The part about not being able to explain it to those who have never experienced it especially resonated with me, as did the part about mental illness not making you stop doing everything - on the contrary, you cling to the routine.

I think those who have never experienced it, or who are still living in the 20th century and treating their wives as "their property" are more likely to throw s**t at Lyon forever.
For me and I would suspect for many its not about a wife being "property" I just think that he is still in a relationship with a mates wife is wrong.

I think on the mental health side of things he showed a lot of courage.

He might not be breaking any real laws from it (same with her) but it's still a pretty big dog act thing to do.
They should have been open and honest to Billy from day one.

Also I don't believe he's "mentally ill", being mentally ill is the get out clause for scandals these days. I'll believe it with more proof!

He might not be breaking any real laws from it (same with her) but it's still a pretty big dog act thing to do.
They should have been open and honest to Billy from day one.

Also I don't believe he's "mentally ill", being mentally ill is the get out clause for scandals these days. I'll believe it with more proof!
Do sometimes scandals then make you realise that your mentally ill rather than it being an out clause?

Do sometimes scandals then make you realise that your mentally ill rather than it being an out clause?

Perhaps but I also think it's too convenient, like the few genuine cases there have been over the years. Then brought up others that would go on to use it so that they don't get hounded by the media and the public (re: Number 37 from Sydney, Buddy and Lyon).

I agree on the mental illness side.

But really you would be ok if your best friend started dating and having sex with your wife, without telling you, then when it comes out in a messy way he doesn't stop and in fact she leaves you for him? You'd be fine with that?

For me and I would suspect for many its not about a wife being "property" I just think that he is still in a relationship with a mates wife is wrong.

Except that she's not Billys "wife", they divorced years ago. We are in 2017. She is a single woman who belongs to nobody and can do whatever the hell she wants to.

Billy doesn't own her.

Except that she's not Billys "wife", they divorced years ago. We are in 2017. She is a single woman who belongs to nobody and can do whatever the hell she wants to.

Billy doesn't own her.
Obviously, but that doesn't mean Gaz can just go ahead and bang her without consequence. He would have known doing something like that was probably going to destroy his friendship with Bill, and also cast a pretty large shadow over his public image. Same goes for Nikki as well. You won't find too many people who endorse their relationship.

It was no crime, sure, but it was (still is) stupid and seemingly lacking rational thought.

You clearly haven't even listened to the issue. So why comment?

He covers this exact thing, saying how offensive it is for anyone to make that suggestion when, in reality, you don't have a ******* clue about his personal life. He asks what do you want? Do you want medical certificates?

It's none of your business, and it's offensive to the greater than 1 in 5 people who have previously or currently experience mental illness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, but that doesn't mean Gaz can just go ahead and bang her without consequence. He would have known doing something like that was probably going to destroy his friendship with Bill, and also cast a pretty large shadow over his public image. Same goes for Nikki as well. You won't find too many people who endorse their relationship.

It was no crime, sure, but it was (still is) stupid and seemingly lacking rational thought.

Making irrational decisions and doing irrational things without considering the consequences is one of the major symptoms of mental illness.

It's entirely conceivable that he didn't even consider the impact it might have on his friendship/s and career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy doesn't own her.
I stand to be corrected but my understanding is they were serperated not divorced

If you listened to his interview I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be questioning his mental illness.

He's basically spent a year living with a psychiatrist down in Apollo Bay. I'm not sure you'd be going down that route if it was just to conceal a relationship which is perfectly fine.

She didn't leave Billy for Gary, they obviously feel like they shouldn't be embarrassed for seeing each other because they are in fact still together.

That's a start AND proof of what "medication" he's taking

Right now it's all hearsay, it's very convenient that he hid behind "mental illness" as justification for going behind a best friends back.

Waiting for you to post your medical records here, thanks.

I'll keep waiting.

Two days in and i'm pleasantly surprised. Thought I would dislike this trio from the outset, but so far so good. Has been pretty heavy on AFL so far, so it will be interesting to see how they go when they have to talk about other sports.

I think Mike Sheehan being a regular is a pretty big get as well imo.

Would you want the whole world to know what medications or you private health issues known to the whole world?

If it helped clear confusion, yes.

Waiting for you to post your medical records here, thanks.

I'll keep waiting.

I have nothing to hide, I may end up at a doctor once a year (or once every 2 years) for a viral infection. Other than that I'm all good :D.

i listened Gary and Hamish mumbling to each other for about 10 minutes this morning.
im not sure exactly what they were talking about but i think it was footy related...they sounded so disinterested that i was too.

i might give it another go when the AFL season starts but i've heard enough for now.

Let's look at some fax:

- billy and nicky were/are separated
- no law stating a woman is the possession of the man.
- mental illness. there is skepticism yes of course, ill admit i throw it around too. its a response that many use, as Xtreme said he doubted buddys mental condition (but openly admits if buddy was a hawk then he would've supported him).

It is a vexed situation. Do we extend making comment on this situation to those who are or have been married, or who have been "cheated on" in one sense or another.

It's a situation that no one wants to be in

Also, whenever Gaz speaks or does anything, will Billy and Nicky be forever brought up to character assassinate Wolf every bloody time?

Just seems that, whenever his name is mentioned, people inevitably pile into Gaz.

GROW UP!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back