1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Listened to the morning boys today for the 1st time.
One word sums them up. DULL.

I'm not nesscerally saying it will be a great show but radio is like football horse racing etc. They are only 2 shows in can't expect them to be jelling/hitting their peak now. Again not saying it will be a great show but give it time.

Also, whenever Gaz speaks or does anything, will Billy and a icky be forever brought up to character assassinate Wolf every bloody time?

GROW UP!

yes it will. that's the way it is. the same way kellie stevens is always associated with wayne carey.

I'm not nesscerally saying it will be a great show but radio is like football horse racing etc. They are only 2 shows in can't expect them to be jelling/hitting their peak now. Again not saying it will be a great show but give it time.
Only Wispy has any personality on that show. Reckon he's only doing it out of loyalty to Lyon. Hamish has a monotone voice. Together they are Dullsville, and I cant see it improving. Lyon is dead boring...

Two days in and i'm pleasantly surprised. Thought I would dislike this trio from the outset, but so far so good. Has been pretty heavy on AFL so far, so it will be interesting to see how they go when they have to talk about other sports.

I doubt they will ever talk about other sports. Its still January, following the big bash final and an amazing tennis final last weekend, and almost nothing spoken about it. If there was ever a week to talk about non-AFL sports, it was this week. Which is why i think I'm not really enjoying it so far- although I love AFL, at this time of year I get bored of football talk. I don't really need Sam McClure trying to break AFL stories every hour in January. I might tune back in March and see how it's going.

I doubt they will ever talk about other sports. Its still January, following the big bash final and an amazing tennis final last weekend, and almost nothing spoken about it. If there was ever a week to talk about non-AFL sports, it was this week. Which is why i think I'm not really enjoying it so far- although I love AFL, at this time of year I get bored of football talk. I don't really need Sam McClure trying to break AFL stories every hour in January. I might tune back in March and see how it's going.

They usually start talking footy once the aus open has finished. KB has most days since he's been back..

Only Wispy has any personality on that show. Reckon he's only doing it out of loyalty to Lyon. Hamish has a monotone voice. Together they are Dullsville, and I cant see it improving. Lyon is dead boring...

Listened this morning and the whole show picked up when Wispy started. Lyon needs someone to bounce off and with Hame - well you can't bounce off blancmange.

Romping only exists in our world because a company he was a director of 'won' a tender for the AFL Hall of Fame (no prizes for guessing who at City Hall rubber-stamped that decision). Of course it went belly-up after 2 months - unfortunately he has since managed to infect his way into the sports media, and we are all eternally grateful for that.

What on earth does he offer? He has no knowledge, no personality, and he's not a journo. What he has in spades is smugness and condescension, and he also possesses the most annoying habit of talking gobfuls of s**t for the sake of it despite nothing interesting ever coming out of his mouth.

Lyon mentioned how he dropped in to Dees women's team training and he began with 'with all due respect' and then went on to say he was surprised how low the standard was. Hamish's response sounded like it was delivered by his brother.

Hamish+Lyon = boring as bat s**t
Hamish+Lyon+Watson = a bit better

While Lyon didn't say much today I think it's good he did it just so that it can be put in the past. I've enjoyed the show so far, I've always liked Lyon on the radio though so I might be biased. Mike Sheehan has been really good so far as well.

It boggles my mind that, in 2017, people still view a woman as her husbands property - ie. "he stole his mates wife." As though she doesn't have her own agency and isn't/wasn't responsible for her own decisions.

I suspect people's view on Lyon's interview this morning will largely depend on their own lived experiences. I think those who have experienced mental illness are likely to appreciate his candor, his willingness to talk about it, and they way he approached it with his kids. The part about not being able to explain it to those who have never experienced it especially resonated with me, as did the part about mental illness not making you stop doing everything - on the contrary, you cling to the routine.

I think those who have never experienced it, or who are still living in the 20th century and treating their wives as "their property" are more likely to throw s**t at Lyon forever.
Have heard plenty about Lyon's last year or two, and find it pretty bad the way he has gone about things.

Whispers of substance abuse that turned into something worse, then combined with Billy's ex and he's basically created this massive problem for himself.

I find it pretty hard to feel much sympathy for him.

Even though Billy was divorced, it's still a pretty ****ed up thing to do, surely? Pretty sure Lyon had been divorced for a while, so it's almost as though he's sat back looking at Billy's wife for all those years and waiting for his moment to pounce. That's a pretty ****ed up thing for a mate to do. Even more so when the two families were seemingly so close. Imagine what it is like for Billy's kids.

Last edited:
Lyon mentioned how he dropped in to Dees women's team training and he began with 'with all due respect' and then went on to say he was surprised how low the standard was. Hamish's response sounded like it was delivered by his brother.

Hamish+Lyon = boring as bat s**t
Hamish+Lyon+Watson = a bit better

Don't tell me he's off the fence?

He could root his son's girlfriend and I wouldn't care if he actually got the splinters out of his arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G Lyon is still with Bills missus....that I didn't know until recently. His moved in with her.
Gaz has been shagging her for 3 years. Billy said the affair went for 3 months on TV?? Sandra Sully special Get up with it BB.

Gaz gets on with his business today.
Huddo in for his mid week crunch time.
No king I see?? Lyon does not like him one bit that's why.

Gaz is still a prick for what he did.

I'm actually enjoying the show, Certainly some kinks to iron out but i think it will be pretty reasonable

In the eight or so years I've listed to SEN this is easily the best daily program I've heard.

I've never been a Hamish McLachlan fan but you can tell he's a professional and there is a sense of class that doesn't normally appear on SEN. There is now a large contrast in quality between the breakfast show and The Run Home.

I could live without Sam McClure but he's harmless.

In the eight or so years I've listed to SEN this is easily the best daily program I've heard.

I've never been a Hamish McLachlan fan but you can tell he's a professional and there is a sense of class that doesn't normally appear on SEN. There is now a large contrast in quality between the breakfast show and The Run Home.

I could live without Sam McClure but he's harmless.

ill flick to brekky show from RSN during RSN ads or horsey talk....and although not a fan of the show i agree hamish is a professional, and a decent host.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back