Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Help is surprisingly good, as is Get on Up. Both are a bit too long though.

Not in a hurry to see The Girl on the Train though.

My mum went to see The Girl on the Train and walked out. She was expecting a Hitchcock like mystery/thriller lol.

The Help is surprisingly good, as is Get on Up. Both are a bit too long though.

Not in a hurry to see The Girl on the Train though.

Don't bother. Very clunky.

TERRIBLE MOVIES THAT YOU ENJOYED

Come on, we've all got them. The movies are crap, they really are, but you got a kick out of them anyway. Honestly I think we sometimes forget that the primary purpose of a film might be just to entertain for a couple hours - it doesn't have to mean anything.

Judge Dredd (1995)

I dunno, I just liked this one. The acting is bloody terrible (even for Stallone), but the visuals, particularly those of Megacity were good even by todays standards.

The ABC warrior is great. Over the top and ridiculous as a comic property should be.

Whaddya got?

Judge Dread is awesome! I'm a huge 90s movie fan, starship troopers anyone?

Hell yes! Why didn't I think of that... Bloody terrible, yet I've watched it a dozen times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're on a Scorsese kick... avoid Silence. Falls into the "it was long and it was boring but it was my kind of film" category.
I have really high hopes for it, so I hope I'm not disappointed.
It's both extraordinary and infuriating.
I saw this last night, and I see what you mean.

I enjoyed the first 2 hours, but found myself getting pretty irritated for the last 45 minutes.

Partly because it just didn't need to go on that long, and also because of how the 3rd act went.

Last edited:
I saw it ages ago, but La La Land is terrible.

I haven't seen it but I agree.

La La Land is striking me as this generations version of The English Patient.

That is, you're TOLD you should like it, but the reality is...

raw

It's not just overrated though.

It's boring, fundamentally flawed, and sexist and full of shitheads.

I've been collating my own shortlist of nominees and winners for a few categories for the Academy Awards, and have now seen enough contenders that I'm happy with my list.

I've seen a total of 48 films released in 2016 (what a cool guy I am), with my list below; winners highlighted in red.

upload_2017-2-21_18-6-6.png

Some categories are hard to argue with, while some others (such as lead actor) I have fairly different views; for example, my winner wasn't even nominated by the Academy.

I voted purely on what I think was the best; not what I think will win (obviously), or what I personally found most entertaining.

Last edited:
But La La Land.........

The synopsis alone was enough to make me nauseous.

Look, I normally don't watch musicals. But the early reviews sucked me in. It made me all the more furious that people are simply lauding an attempt at an ode to classic musicals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back