Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Denzel's Fences recently.

The story and middle portions were watchable enough, but * that opening 20 minutes was painful.

I had to pause it and consider whether I wanted to keep watching. The dialogue was borderline nonsense, Denzel's voice was grating, and the continual conversation was just exhausting to listen to.

I can see how it'd be a good play, but the opening to that film is one of the worst I've experienced.

Last edited:
Saw Denzel's Fences recently.

The story and middle portions were watchable enough, but **** that opening 20 minutes was painful.

I had to pause it and consider whether I wanted to keep watching. The dialogue was borderline nonsense, Denzel's voice was grating, and the continual conversation was just exhausting to listen to.

I can see how it'd be a good play, but the opening to that film is one of the worst I've experienced.
So you'd disagree slightly with Chris Nashawaty then?

upload_2017-2-7_7-56-10.png

So you'd disagree slightly with Chris Nashawaty then?

View attachment 333932
Yes+i+would+kent+_a75961257ba48463517d91c99e3bbac9.jpg

The female lead (Viola Davis) was great, to be fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Travolta was very good in that I believe.

Just looked up, yep he is in the remake called Blow Out, which I think I might have seen. Blow Up is the original (1966).

John Travolta was very good in that I believe.
Just looked up, yep he is in the remake called Blow Out, which I think I might have seen. Blow Up is the original (1966).
I've seen Blow Out, and you're right, it's one of his better performances.

Fun fact: Quentin Tarantino loves that film.

That's right. I prefer De Palma's version.

I cannot really remember much about the Travolta version but cannot imagine is anywhere near as good as original. Very impressive. Beerfish highly recommend you watch.

Personally I think Blow Out is the better film. Antonioni doesn't do much for me and I find most of his work quite dull.

Admittedly for a thriller not a lot happens, such that Antonioni includes that random scene where the photographer rips the models' clothes off and wrestles in order to liven things up. I thought was a bit random.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back