Supercoach DRAFT 2017 - Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draft in a nutshell. Wouldn't even worry about trades. Too easy to swoop on free agency to tidy team.

Spot on, and no one wants to be in the dodgy end of a trade so they just don't trade at all I've found.

Spot on, and no one wants to be in the dodgy end of a trade so they just don't trade at all I've found.
Yup. Exactly. I've been in cash leagues every year since it started. Still haven't landed one trade, ever. Guys don't check enough or like you said, hard to get fair deal. So don't even bother. FA swooping for the win!

Yup. Exactly. I've been in cash leagues every year since it started. Still haven't landed one trade, ever. Guys don't check enough or like you said, hard to get fair deal. So don't even bother. FA swooping for the win!
I've done it every year with the same group of blokes (1 or 2 changes throughout the years) since draft started.
There's fewer trades every year. Last year I was only part of 2 trades, and they were both before round 4.
After that people just pick apart the wavier from week to week.
I tried my hardest to trade Hall away in the first few weeks when he was averaging 120 odd, the best offer I got was Mundy who was averaging stuff all at the time.

I've done it every year with the same group of blokes (1 or 2 changes throughout the years) since draft started.
There's fewer trades every year. Last year I was only part of 2 trades, and they were both before round 4.
After that people just pick apart the wavier from week to week.
I tried my hardest to trade Hall away in the first few weeks when he was averaging 120 odd, the best offer I got was Mundy who was averaging stuff all at the time.
Yup, sounds all too familiar. That's it. Pick apart waiver. Got me the win last year. Gotta be quick!

Weird. Don't know how to get the trade juices flowing. Guys just seem to back selves in via FA if required.
I think it comes down to the people, I play NBA and AFL Draft with a few off them each year. They love trading, it really spices up the league as well. Other leagues I know of are more tame with their trading, but still never no existent.

I think it comes down to the people, I play NBA and AFL Draft with a few off them each year. They love trading, it really spices up the league as well. Other leagues I know of are more tame with their trading, but still never no existent.
Guess the urge stems from the NBA trading.

Guess the urge stems from the NBA trading.
I'd say so, NBA Draft being so long and so many more elements you really have to trade. You have no choice.
AFL as its only every weekend, it may lessen the requirement. But trades do spice of the league, especially if you can trade for a top talent and give away some lesser talent and then get lucky in the free agent pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say so, NBA Draft being so long and so many more elements you really have to trade. You have no choice.
AFL as its only every weekend, it may lessen the requirement. But trades do spice of the league, especially if you can trade for a top talent and give away some lesser talent and then get lucky in the free agent pool.
As mentioned though, the common problem seems to be is that nobody wants the short end of the stick.

NBA / Boogie style.

As mentioned though, the common problem seems to be is that nobody wants the short end of the stick.

NBA / Boogie style.
Yep, hence most trades work into 3-3 trades etc. The guy who won ours last year did around 8 trades for the year in total. In comparision the people who traded the least seemed to all be in the bottom half of the ladder. #RiskAndReward

I have pick 6 for Sunday's draft. Tempted to go Goldy but then my head says get a gun mid...
I usually grab a captain option first up. One of Fyfe/Selwood/JPK/Hanners will be available, I'd jump on.

I usually grab a captain option first up. One of Fyfe/Selwood/JPK/Hanners will be available, I'd jump on.

Any draft that has captains active is ridiculous imo

Any draft that has captains active is ridiculous imo
Depends how many people in the draft.

But yes, I'm in a draft of 14 and that's equivalent to pick #1 getting Dangerfield @ 131 for the season to captain and #14 getting Zorko @ 109.

Probably a little diverse for my liking but it is what it is.

Depends how many people in the draft.

But yes, I'm in a draft of 14 and that's equivalent to pick #1 getting Dangerfield @ 131 for the season to captain and #14 getting Zorko @ 109.

Probably a little diverse for my liking but it is what it is.

IMO unless there are 4 people in the draft it is a really dumb rule to have. Every season there are a few bolters and if you dont have one of them your season is over (if you use captains). you shouldnt be rubbed out of the league for missing one of the top 3/4 players

I have pick 11 in a 12 man draft, after losing the GF last year. Thinking of taking Selwood/Treloar. Thoughts?

Here's how I think the first round will go:

Danger (132)
Gawn (119)
Fyfe (106*)
Pendelbury (119)
JPK (113)
Rockliff (111)
Hannebury (113)
Ablett (115)
H.Shaw (106)
Goldstein (108)
Treloar (111)
Docherty (109)

I have pick 11 in a 12 man draft, after losing the GF last year. Thinking of taking Selwood/Treloar. Thoughts?

Here's how I think the first round will go:

Danger (132)
Gawn (119)
Fyfe (106*)
Pendelbury (119)
JPK (113)
Rockliff (111)
Hannebury (113)
Ablett (115)
H.Shaw (106)
Goldstein (108)
Treloar (111)