Game Day Round 1 Sydney v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut down Josh Kennedy and Hannerbry and we just might have a chance.

WE HAVE TO WIN THE CONTESTED POSSESSIONS, along with accurate kicking.

Port..... by 2pts.

This will be the upset of the round......

Ports in a thriller

SPP to don't-argue Buddy over the Ladies Stand

Now this I like.

Port by 16
Wines BOG
SPP Rising Star Nom and charged with GBH
Wingard 20 and 3
Dixon to summon his inner Ser Gregor Clegane and unleash the skull crush

I don't want another dishonourable loss to Sydney. I don't want a brave defeat in a shootout like Collingwood and the Bulldogs last night. I want a win. If I can't have a win I at the very least want a ******* war. I want to see us go as hard and as fearlessly even arrogantly on terms of believing we belong in the same rarefied air as Sydney for 4 quarters.

I don't want to read KT telling me I will be walking taller after what I see on field. The time for cheap talk is over. From players and coaches and administrators. It's time to produce.

I don't want another dishonourable loss to Sydney. I don't want a brave defeat in a shootout like Collingwood and the Bulldogs last night. I want a win. If I can't have a win I at the very least want a ******* war. I want to see us go as hard and as fearlessly even arrogantly on terms of believing we belong in the same rarefied air as Sydney for 4 quarters.

I don't want to read KT telling me I will be walking taller after what I see on field. The time for cheap talk is over. From players and coaches and administrators. It's time to produce.
I just wanted to like this more than once. :thumbsu:

Port to fire for Boak's 200th and the captain himself to play a cracker.

Tipping we'll start hard, Sydney will claw us back, it will be tight all the way to the end with the result decided by under 5 points Ports way.

SPP to lay a huge bump on Kennedy.

Port to fire for Boak's 200th and the captain himself to play a cracker.

Tipping we'll start hard, Sydney will claw us back, it will be tight all the way to the end with the result decided by under 5 points Ports way.

SPP to lay a huge bump on Parker.

FYI, I have JPK in SC :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't recall being this nervous before a minor round match since I went to the Rd 17 game in 2003 v Bris @ the Gabba.

Hopefully the result goes the same way.

I'm not over the "depends which Port turn up" feeling yet but...

We can do this.

Port by 1pt. First goal S.Gray @ $35. BOG Wines.

Playing a cricket grand final at the same time. Can't watch it. Devo.

F### yeah! I am pumped now

Already nervous about today. I am in the "my head says Sydney, my heart hopes Port" camp. We are the more likely to be the slow starters, but I hope we are fired up from the first second.
After 6 months of planning for this, I'll be EXTREMELY disappointed if we're not fired up from the first second.

Port by 13 points. We will be up for this one, no one tipping us, Boak's 200th, time to put in all the work out on the field and get the 4 points. No honourable defeat, none of that just get a win and go home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back