AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy release week. What day do we think we'll actually get this game? I'm thinking Wednesday. Let's hope their online servers hold up.

Happy release week. What day do we think we'll actually get this game? I'm thinking Wednesday. Let's hope their online servers hold up.

Why does everyone think we are going to get this game early?

They have been pushing the May 5 release date pretty hard, can't see it breaking street release.

Even if we are being optimistic I think there are too many ramifications for stores to break street release now with social media spreading the word out faster than ever before.

All it needs is one person to somehow get a copy of the game and it will be out, when a new game is coming out I always go to Kmart late at night and hit up the youngest staff member about it, usually they have no idea about release dates and if it is in stock they will sell it, then its on for young and old. Doubt Kmart will be selling this though.

All it needs is one person to somehow get a copy of the game and it will be out, when a new game is coming out I always go to Kmart late at night and hit up the youngest staff member about it, usually they have no idea about release dates and if it is in stock they will sell it, then its on for young and old. Doubt Kmart will be selling this though.

A lot of Kmart don't even sell games anymore.

Yeah, I think Target might be your best bet if they get stock. Kmart to my knowledge aren't stocking games anymore and Big W always gets it's game stock embargoed until release date.

happy release week.

ill be heading into Fountain gate at some point today or tomorrow, ill ask the cheeky question at a few stores in hope someone slips up and sells early. i will report my findings.

There's likely to be few or zero ramifications for anyone breaking this release date.
It's TruBlu, who themselves have been pretty flimsy with their releases.

The big fines and boycotts you hear about for breaking street dates are mostly for huge games with worldwide launches where plenty of money and effort has gone into promoting and advertising a release date.
You've also got spoiler concerns (not so much for sports games) with regions breaking street date ahead of others and people streaming the game etc..

I think TruBlu wouldn't really care being a local publisher concerning a local game, if it broke street date,
Hence why their titles usually do break.

Last edited:
There's likely to be few or zero ramifications for anyone breaking this release date.
It's TruBlu, who themselves have been pretty flimsy with their releases.

The big fines and boycotts you hear about for breaking street dates are mostly for huge games with worldwide launches where plenty of money and effort has gone into promoting and advertising a release date.
You've also got spoiler concerns (not so much for sports games) with regions breaking street date ahead of others and people streaming the game etc..

I think TruBlu wouldn't really care being a local publisher concerning a local game, if it broke street date,
Hence why their titles usually do break.
This. If any game is going to break street date, it'd be something like this. TruBlu aren't exactly Rockstar or EA who would have the time and resources to go after anyone selling early. Hell, I'd wager that TruBlu wouldn't even realise.

I could see it breaking Thursday arvo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to know how contract offers vary for my pro players, is it just contract length or are there going to be other perks which could sway my decision like playing time etc. I cant see anyone choosing to play for a crap team even if the length of the contract is good, need variation.

I'm thinking if it's a massive street date break (Which there is a record of for Tru Blu's products.), I'm betting it'll be Wednesday or Thursday. It won't be today even if some bloke gets a copy and Tuesday would probably be when the head office is contacted about a broken street date if people get copies today.

Hell, I'd wager that TruBlu wouldn't even realise.

I could see it breaking Thursday arvo.

It might be a stretch, but you could almost even imagine a street break for a small local release is good for business for TruBlu
Certainly couldn't harm it in anyway I can see.

Happy Launch Week Everyone
Absolutely hanging for the game now, Blew the dust off the PS3 on the weekend for some Live 1 action. Was a lot worse than I remember but still loved it haha

I'm hoping for a early launch for 2 reasons.

1. We then wouldn't have to hold out till Friday because its going to be painfully slow trying to get through work this week.
2. If someone manages to get an early copy and the rest of us don't, we will at least get a lot of questions answered and a truck load of info to talk about.

Anyone know if we can be traded to another team midway through our My Player Career?

Might be similar to NBA 2k where you'll only be traded if you request it. Not sure though.

Bet its gonna be exactly like Live 2. End of every season, theres a "contract offers" page and whoever wants you appears. They said you can't get traded or thrown in the draft, you just have a choice to select a contract with another team. Probs only 1 year contracts too, so you could theoretically play for all teams

Just for a bit of info from my brother who manages a BigW.

He's expecting stock Overnight Tuesday or Wednesday.
Whoever was saying before, it's correct BigW has a system to prevent embargo breaks however he said there are ways around it, putting them in as miscellaneous sales.. but that's pretty sternly frowned upon.

Or if you manage a BigW you just take the game when it arrives and enter the sale on Friday...

Just for a bit of info from my brother who manages a BigW.

He's expecting stock Overnight Tuesday or Wednesday.
Whoever was saying before, it's correct BigW has a system to prevent embargo breaks however he said there are ways around it, putting them in as miscellaneous sales.. but that's pretty sternly frowned upon.

Or if you manage a BigW you just take the game when it arrives and enter the sale on Friday...

Great so we can expect a full review from you on Wednesday night then????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back