Rumour Harley Bennell

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how Ross Lyon has backed Harley to the hilt on every other story that has emerged this year but regarding this one admitted he is concerned about his behavior ???

Funny how Ross Lyon has backed Harley to the hilt on every other story that has emerged this year but regarding this one admitted he is concerned about his behavior ???

Where did he say that? Are you referring to Ross saying he was concerned about Harley's welfare but that he was concerned about all his players welfare?

No, so you can work your way up to be the top contributor in yet another Freo related thread.
no_life.png

Where did he say that? Are you referring to Ross saying he was concerned about Harley's welfare but that he was concerned about all his players welfare?
"Fremantle Coach Ross Lyon has expressed concern for injured midfielder Harley Bennell over his behaviour at a WAFL match. The 24-year-old is under investigation by the club for interrupting officials at Saturday’s Peel Thunder match."

As I said before - Lyon has previously backed him unequivocally.
Seems his patience may be waning.

"Fremantle Coach Ross Lyon has expressed concern for injured midfielder Harley Bennell over his behaviour at a WAFL match. The 24-year-old is under investigation by the club for interrupting officials at Saturday’s Peel Thunder match."

As I said before - Lyon has previously backed him unequivocally.
Seems his patience may be waning.

Yes he expressed his concern, but it's mischievous to use that as a headline, he has (and said as such) concern for all his players behaviours welfare and behaviour (in response). He also said that he didn't have all the facts (given that he was away and in Melbourne to coach a match) and that he couldn't comment.

Yes he expressed his concern, but it's mischievous to use that as a headline, he has (and said as such) concern for all his players behaviours welfare and behaviour (in response). He also said that he didn't have all the facts (given that he was away and in Melbourne to coach a match) and that he couldn't comment.
Last month Lyon was backing him to the point of playing the race card.
I just get the feeling that the level of his support is now starting to look a little flimsy.
Ross has bigger fish to fry and he can't afford to let this ongoing saga have any bearing over his need to concentrate on winning games of footy.
Wasn't it he who used the classic line - "execute one to educate a thousand"

Who the * doesn't go on the ground during the breaks at a WAFL match?

This is the biggest beat up ever.

Professional footballer watching his cousin play gives his cousin some advice on his game.

All it requires is a bit of talking to in private by Fremantle and maybe an offer to let him help out Peel in a more official way in future.

Yeah, everything is good with Harley Bennell, I'm sure believing that makes the Docker supporters feel better. Having said that after watching the way he moved in the video of him at the Peel game reminded me so much of watching Ozzy Osbourne in the "The Osbournes". I didn't know that Ozzy had calf problems.

Last month Lyon was backing him to the point of playing the race card.
I just get the feeling that the level of his support is now starting to look a little flimsy.
Ross has bigger fish to fry and he can't afford to let this ongoing saga have any bearing over his need to concentrate on winning games of footy.
Wasn't it he who used the classic line - "execute one to educate a thousand"

What is the hard bit to understand.
1. You quoted a headline.
2. The person quoted, while he said had concern for Harley's behaviour, welfare etc - it was a general statement and said it was true of all players under him.
3. He didn't have much info as he was 3000km away and couldn't comment on the situation.

The bottom line is that Ross made no comment on Harley specifically, the headline is distorting what Ross said. Maybe there is something there for follow up once he's back in Perth, but Harley is a Freo player - and therefore also a Peel player. There is nothing here but a beat up, Harley talking to a peel player is no big deal (omg he gave some coaching tips to a team mate in a b grade competition - but maybe should have left that to the head coach). The only issue here is that the media are making a mountain out of a molehill and exhibiting no morals in their quest to sensationalise to make a dollar at the personal expense of individuals.

Yeah, everything is good with Harley Bennell, I'm sure believing that makes the Docker supporters feel better. Having said that after watching the way he moved in the video of him at the Peel game reminded me so much of watching Ozzy Osbourne in the "The Osbournes". I didn't know that Ozzy had calf problems.
It's just not a hanging offence to have a couple of bevvies at a footy game and to give his cousin advice. I'm sure you'd like it to be but it's not. Storm in a teacup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-I'm so sick of seeing that bloody Mundy vision. Hey, anybody got any news on Harley?
-Nope, but we got some footage of him at the Peel game.
-It'll have to do. Run it with the words 'erratic behavior'. That should get the Eagles supporters frothing at the mouth enough to push it off the back-page.
-Will do.
-Oh, by the way, how's that 8-page colour lift-out on Nic Nat coming along?...

What is the hard bit to understand.
1. You quoted a headline.
2. The person quoted, while he said had concern for Harley's behaviour, welfare etc - it was a general statement and said it was true of all players under him.
3. He didn't have much info as he was 3000km away and couldn't comment on the situation.

The bottom line is that Ross made no comment on Harley specifically, the headline is distorting what Ross said. Maybe there is something there for follow up once he's back in Perth, but Harley is a Freo player - and therefore also a Peel player. There is nothing here but a beat up, Harley talking to a peel player is no big deal (omg he gave some coaching tips to a team mate in a b grade competition - but maybe should have left that to the head coach). The only issue here is that the media are making a mountain out of a molehill and exhibiting no morals in their quest to sensationalise to make a dollar at the personal expense of individuals.
I will repeat again slowly - last month Lyon was backing him to the point of playing the race card.
No such outlandish statements this time around.
He was 3,000 km away then but I assume he's back in WA by now and he hasn't gone on the attack towards the press as yet like he did the last time around and the time before that.
I just feel he's getting a little tired of defending this bloke and the concern for the welfare of the other 40 odd blokes on the list might just be starting to take priority now that they are winning a few games.

I will repeat again slowly - last month Lyon was backing him to the point of playing the race card.
No such outlandish statements this time around.
He was 3,000 km away then but I assume he's back in WA by now and he hasn't gone on the attack towards the press as yet like he did the last time around and the time before that.
I just feel he's getting a little tired of defending this bloke and the concern for the welfare of the other 40 odd blokes on the list might just be starting to take priority now that they are winning a few games.

Have you actually watched the press conference they got that soundbite from? Maybe you should before you read too much into things.

Have you actually watched the press conference they got that soundbite from? Maybe you should before you read too much into things.
Yes I have - and I also watched the press conference last month where he played the race card and attacked the press.
I will say it even slower this time around - the tone is changing !!!

Last edited:
Who the **** doesn't go on the ground during the breaks at a WAFL match?

This is the biggest beat up ever.

Professional footballer watching his cousin play gives his cousin some advice on his game.

All it requires is a bit of talking to in private by Fremantle and maybe an offer to let him help out Peel in a more official way in future.

I think the bigger issue was that he interrupted the actual coaches.

-I'm so sick of seeing that bloody Mundy vision. Hey, anybody got any news on Harley?
-Nope, but we got some footage of him at the Peel game.
-It'll have to do. Run it with the words 'erratic behavior'. That should get the Eagles supporters frothing at the mouth enough to push it off the back-page.
-Will do.
-Oh, by the way, how's that 8-page colour lift-out on Nic Nat coming along?...

How is this the Eagles fault? Salty much?

Just watched channel seven news and Fremantle still doing little to stifle speculation that he was under the influence of something.

Just watched channel seven news and Fremantle still doing little to stifle speculation that he was under the influence of something.
That's because its obvious. Has anyone on here addressed why freo removed him from the ground

Fans can get defencive all they like won't change what's actually happened one iota and the concern people have

Remove this Banner Ad

Back