Are GWS contenders or pretenders?

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope those Adelaide supporters didn't say mean things to you last night!

Now back on track. A champion team will always beat a team of champions. You can put a ridiculous number of first round draft picks together like GWS have, but it means nothing in finals when it really matters if they don't play with spirit and passion. And playing for the jumper. They've bought into their own hype. I mean, they have their coach calling the team list a Ferrari .. need i say more?
GWS a team of champions? They haven't done anything yet.

I reakon GWS were better last year.
Mummy was in better form.
SJ was playing good footy.
Shaw was heaps better than this year.
Something a miss with them this year.They had had a lot of injurys and sides poaching their players or the little snots want to come home to mummy boob.
I think their focus changed, from the near future to the now - and their recruitment philosophy changed. Happened to other clubs as well, when you think you are in the window for a flag.

Targeted Griff, Delidio, SJ etc - who will all go at the same time as Mummy and Shaw.

If they lose talent like Kelly, Smith etc in coming months, they might have to do a mini rebuild...

Cameron also hasnt changed the 'me first culture', or the instinctive 'go the man' approach when things dont go there way...

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

They were not covering injuries with 4th round draft picks. This team is not impacted by injuries like other clubs due to their depth gifted to them via draft.
We had a rookie listed carpenter from the central coast and 2 delisted freo players let alone other pick ups like Simpson.

Go cry your river elsewhere

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comprehensively smashed in their last two games by a Geelong side missing Selwood, and an Adelaide side missing Sloane.

I think their main issue is that they're stacked with kids who have been pampered since their mid-teens and they lack that desperate edge that can only come from players who've worked their arses off for a chance eg. Picken's finals performance last year.

Mate I lived there unfortunately. It the worst place I have ever called home and I have been lucky enough to live in several countries and cities.

I know how footy works there, I played and was part of it and the GWS will never ever work. That part of the world do not give a single inch of care about afl. Yes it's growing but growing from 1% to 2 %

The juniors are going ok but it's not translating to senior football participation.

The Gold Coast are miles ahead of western Sydney in participation numbers and have similar crowds if you consider the success or lack there of.

But from a team perspective they just don't have the hunger to play for the jumper and I honestly believe it's coz that jumper means nothing to anyone. There is nothing behind it. No history, no long time local passion or support it just an orange rag they put on. And when it gets hard that stands out to me

They have won games purely on talent they were gifted. They haven't had to build anything and as that talents leaks out they will die a death that will last as long as the afl carries them.

What a load of guff. I live in Sydney- prominence, participation and media coverage for AFL has grown exponentially in the last decade. Rugby union is dying, the swans are the biggest team in Sydney by far. The Giants average more to their games than the western Sydney wanderers
If you had an unhappy time in sydney- there are 5 million here, not everyone is happy.
Good luck next year.

People absolutely love sinking the boot in....

Giants have earned a double chance- they will exercise that next week and quite possibly move on through to another prelim.
Didn't look good last night but it's not over yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Geelong crash out again? Your finals series last year was weak. Does your club lack heart do you think?
This thread is about GWS, why do you always attack posters teams that have an opinion you don't like?
You seem to have a problem with negative comments against your team, if you watched the game last night you would realise you have problems that need fixing.
If that's what you produce for the rest of the finals, pretenders is probably right.

The usual internet tough guy talking out of his arse again..

All last night was bad tactics. No plan B.

Leon has no A grade talent in the assistants coachs area.

The bullshit about heart soul plastic is just the usual bs from the usual know nothing culprits protected by their buddies.

He's far from perfect but Leon is a soft target - GWS has more problems in 2017 than just the senior coach. Playing personnel is currently lopsided, with far too much being left to too few. Why weren't the likes of Taranto, Perryman, Setterfield, Lloyd and Reid in last night's team (injuries notwithstanding)? Too many players are getting games at the moment based on past reputation and not current form. The Stevie J talk all week was tiresome, dull and irrelevant to their finals chances. De Boer showed last night that no-name players who are fit and in good form, and understand/are able to carry out their specific role are worth far more than players trading on past glories who are unable to do so. Lobb is getting potted by everyone but the real problem lies with Mumford - he has been poor all season and dreadful last night. The A-graders in the middle are running one-way - why is that? What are the line coaches doing to address this? Why didn't GWS persist with a more mobile set-up after their smashing of Melbourne? Why is Deledio even getting a game? He has shown absolutely nothing since his return a month ago - again selection based on reputation instead of form/fitness. It's been 4 games of nothing - how big a sample size do they need?

Adelaide would have won by 80+ points had they not been so wasteful with their delivery into F50 in the 1st half. Leon Cameron is trying to prop his players up but to say that they lost it in one qtr last night is more spin than Nathan Lyon showed in Chittagong. They do have the chance to turn it around but the mindset change and personnel change required in a week is monumental, and would be a 90 degree turn from most of the season to date.

This thread is about GWS, why do you always attack posters teams that have an opinion you don't like?
You seem to have a problem with negative comments against your team, if you watched the game last night you would realise you have problems that need fixing.
If that's what you produce for the rest of the finals, pretenders is probably right.
Why did you bother to respond with a personal attack. Surely you dont believe I care what you think.

Why did you bother to respond with a personal attack. Surely you dont believe I care what you think.
Personal attacks is all you ever respond with, and i couldn't care less if you don't care what i think, but it would be nice if you could stay on topic.

Like i said, if what you produced last night is par for GWS, pretenders is about right.
A team that runs forward while the footy is in dispute, will not win the flag.

Personal attacks is all you ever respond with, and i couldn't care less if you don't care what i think, but it would be nice if you could stay on topic.

Like i said, if what you produced last night is par for GWS, pretenders is about right.
A team that runs forward while the footy is in dispute, will not win the flag.
Why are you lying? I just cant see how you hope to gain from it.

Their sense of entitlement certainly does them no favours. Didn't Rory Lobb re-sign so he could win a couple of flags before going back to WA? If they keep losing quality players each year then they'll never reach the heights people are expecting. And who could blame someone like Josh Kelly for earning over a million a year and play for a real footy club in his home state, he'd be mad not to go.

We had a rookie listed carpenter from the central coast and 2 delisted freo players let alone other pick ups like Simpson.

Go cry your river elsewhere

You had to play a rookie? Oh the humanity.

I am suprised you didnt play one short rather than lowering yourselves to the level of playing a rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back