Preview AFL 2017 - Prelim - Richmond v GWS, MCG, Sat, 4.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
9ce3a1a7d99797490c459c95d29f52a1.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You are a complete muppet.

I was writing in response to you referring to an elimination final as "the final hurdle". I did not argue that Richmond have continually failed over the years.

Funny you should complain about people finding the most ridiculous things to rage about, in the midst of an ill-warranted rant. But go ahead and throw the toys out of the cot and somehow make it about me being a Hawks supporter. Imbecile.

Arrogant football fans, is there anything worse? I'm getting old, because my rage doesn't rise to the level of homicide anymore. No doubt these people make me mad, indignant, even furious, i despise arrogant fans of anything, but the rage gives way to sadness. A sadness that comes from knowing that people like you will always exist, and even if you beat them to death with the hammer of Thor, more will merely rise up to take their place. It's like the Night Kings army of the dead.
I've changed my tip to the "short people" this week because i believe Tigers fans have prematurely shot their load, the "short people" can play good footy despite the drawback of Leon Cameron as coach. As much as i want a Richmond win, i just have a feeling they will go down by 20 points or so. I would love a Cats V Tigers GF, but our task is a daunting one playing at the cauldron that is Adelaide oval in front of 52,000 rabid crows fans. I live in hope only. I suspect though that the people of Adelaide still have the lid on it whereas Tigers fans think this week is a formality.... I'm quite happy making the preliminary this year , i think Tigers fans have convinced themselves that they have an undeniable right to be there on Grand Final day. My original point was and still is, Richmond have a history of failing when the odds were in their favour....i think they will again!

For the good of the game and future revenue, tigers should put in a shocker.

Think of the big picture. You guys don't need to win flags to keep your fan base.
I'm sure the AFL has been reminding the umps of this....

Arrogant football fans, is there anything worse? I'm getting old, because my rage doesn't rise to the level of homicide anymore!

So you've gotten old and dont want to commit murder anymore?
That's good, I guess.

I've been trying to think of the most Richmond way of the Tigers knocking themselves out of contention. I don't think the Crows beating them in a tight tussle is a likely scenario. It's just not Richmond enough. Likewise with them winning.

At the same time, I can't see them losing a close one to the Giants (or losing at all to be honest).

I'm thinking the most Richmond thing to do would be to win this week and then come out in the Grand Final and go goal-less up to half time against Geelong, then show in the second half that they're the better team, by coming back only to lose when Shaun Grigg ignores Dusty and blazes from 50 and kicks it out on the full, Richmond lose by a point.

I think Dusty being ignored by a spud costing them the match is the most Richmond way that this season finishes.

It's Richmond's GF to lose, and if there's a team capable of spectacularly losing the GF from here, it's Richmond!

Against the Giants, they'll win by 10 goals, the Giants fold under pressure too easily, flimsy leadership due to the age profile of the list.

I've been trying to think of the most Richmond way of the Tigers knocking themselves out of contention. I don't think the Crows beating them in a tight tussle is a likely scenario. It's just not Richmond enough. Likewise with them winning.

At the same time, I can't see them losing a close one to the Giants (or losing at all to be honest).

I'm thinking the most Richmond thing to do would be to win this week and then come out in the Grand Final and go goal-less up to half time against Geelong, then show in the second half that they're the better team, by coming back only to lose when Shaun Grigg ignores Dusty and blazes from 50 and kicks it out on the full, Richmond lose by a point.

I think Dusty being ignored by a spud costing them the match is the most Richmond way that this season finishes.

It's Richmond's GF to lose, and if there's a team capable of spectacularly losing the GF from here, it's Richmond!

Against the Giants, they'll win by 10 goals, the Giants fold under pressure too easily, flimsy leadership due to the age profile of the list.
Yep
We finished top 4 because we're flimsy, clearly. When you follow your club through a season in which they finish top 4 you might gain an understanding of what it takes, but you probably wont.

Last edited:
I wish they did it more often

You're playing against the team the umps have been most against all year...It wont take much reminding. I dare say they'll dress it up as something reasonable like 'not letting the crowd influence decisions', but will push it hard enough that the umps know which way they're expected to adjudicate.

You're playing against the team the umps have been most against all year...It wont take much reminding. I dare say they'll dress it up as something reasonable like 'not letting the crowd influence decisions', but will push it hard enough that the umps know which way they're expected to adjudicate.

If we get a raw deal I expect someone on the bottom deck to Helen D'amico and deck one of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide is the clear favorite for the flag.

As for GWS's age profile...Last match (QF/SF), Richmond had the slightly younger and less experienced (on average) 22. Who is younger on the day will depend on the selections, but it'll probably be close (Richmond will almost certainly be less experienced, and unlike Richmond, GWS played a PF last year).

We are the team they have been 2nd most against all year.

That and your the AFLs new "fairytale" plus the home crowd bias.

If we get a free kick at all itll be a miracle.

If we get a raw deal I expect someone on the bottom deck to Helen D'amico and deck one of them

Depends just how raw a deal, but a pitch invasion/protest would be a scary notion.

I mean, it's not like they'd call a player bumping a defender from the side in order to shepard through a goal for front on contact or anything.

We are the team they have been 2nd most against all year.

That and your the AFLs new "fairytale" plus the home crowd bias.

If we get a free kick at all itll be a miracle.

AFL never treats us as a fairytale, because they know that Richmond fans turn up regardless, so they take us for granted.

Except the whole media etc the last fortnight being just that.

Accept it. Enjoy it.

Fingers crossed theres no happy ending.

lol the media knows that Richmond sell papers, if we win on Sat it will be Richmond through to GF. If we lose it will be Richmond miss out on GF.

Richmond gets people to read that is all, they will jump off as quick as they jumped on

AFL never treats us as a fairytale, because they know that Richmond fans turn up regardless, so they take us for granted.
I suspect there's something in what you say. We are polar opposites of clubs. Whichever club loses the vultures will be out on Sunday. On BF it'll be supporters of clubs who didn't make the PF's, so who cares. Cats will be out by then and Crows supporters are two nervous until the flags won, at least as I read them.

Adelaide is the clear favorite for the flag.

As for GWS's age profile...Last match (QF/SF), Richmond had the slightly younger and less experienced (on average) 22. Who is younger on the day will depend on the selections, but it'll probably be close (Richmond will almost certainly be less experienced, and unlike Richmond, GWS played a PF last year).

But the tigers who are in the older bracket are leaders with lots of experience at the club and are well-respected.

The older guys at the Giants are people like Stevie J, Mumford and Deledio who, while they have a lot of experience, were never really leadership material at their previous clubs.

I think if Richmond play Adelaide at the MCG that Richmond would win, having come off beating GWS and Geelong at the ground. So I think at the moment that it's Richmond's to lose. I am on an opinion forum, aren't I, not an actuarial forum?

I think i'll switch my prediction from the tigers to GWS. I still want a tigers win but feel the long breaks will stuff up preparations like last year.
I really feel like this is a toss of a coin match. Very hard to split these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back