Justin Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate being negative but this trade period has left me confused!
Feels like we planing on treading water next year. We didn’t really go all in but we stacked a shitload of picks for next year.

Well that’s arguable mate! Say what u want about CCs consistency but he has been our best in finals for two years! (Prelim and Sydney last year)
Can't argue with that, but Weller is a much better player and far more consistent.

People say 'Oh he's played good in some finals' and yes he has, but he's coasted for much of the year and if he isn't happy then we get him out. No other club would have been dumb enough to pay what Noble did

Won on the lever deal won on cc deal totally confused on why he didn't do the Gibbs deal last year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seriously? We have FOUR first round picks over next two years this time round. Five if you include the Cameron deal. So we now give up two firsts, which we couldn’t last year. It’s not rocket science.

I hate being negative but this trade period has left me confused!
Feels like we planing on treading water next year. We didn’t really go all in but we stacked a shitload of picks for next year.
If treading water gets us to a GF again then I'm ok with that.

Looking down the ladder, Port and Essendon did well, particularly if Motlop and Stringer work out but who else improved ?? Sydney, Richmond, and the Giants all stood still. Geelong maybe if Gary plays more than 14 games but their defence is largely garbage.

We've done well

If treading water gets us to a GF again then I'm ok with that.

Looking down the ladder, Port and Essendon did well, particularly if Motlop and Stringer work out but who else improved ?? Sydney, Richmond, and the Giants all stood still. Geelong maybe if Gary plays more than 14 games but their defence is largely garbage.

We've done well

Do you think we are a better team than last year?

Seriously? We have FOUR first round picks over next two years this time round. Five if you include the Cameron deal. So we now give up two firsts, which we couldn’t last year. It’s not rocket science.

???? We made the GF last year effectively Gibbs would have improved our team it would have cost us Galluci and pick 16

We would have got Gibbs as a 27 year old

We traded for him anyway it was a short sighted view

Have a read of Reid's quote from last year

It can't be justified it was an error the club made I hope they own up to it

Credit to getting a good trade for both lever and CC though it's not all bad news

But the Gibbs one needs to be called out

Call a spade a spade

???? We made the GF last year effectively Gibbs would have improved our team it would have cost us Galluci and pick 16

Credit to getting a good trade for both lever and CC though it's not all bad news

Call a spade a spade

Having both Lever and CC request to be traded allowed us to now trade 2 1sts.

It would've been irresponsible last year, as we didn't foresee those trades happening, and as a result we would've been left with no 1st round pick in either 2016 or 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think we are a better team than last year?

On paper if you were being honest you would say no, a lot rides on who steps up and how well, to fill the void left by Lever and Cameron. One or several of Milera, Galluci, Doedee, Keath will need to 'level up'. Gibbs into the Mids is huge, make no mistake, he will be an A grade mid in our side. Our forward line will still be as potent as ever. Top 4, pushing top 2 is still the benchmark.

Call a spade a spade

It would have been irresponsible for a club to go into a year without a first rounder. We still have one this year and 2 next year.

You seem to have comprehension issues.

Than the one who played the GF?? Yes I do.

If we don't play Jenkins then very much so.

You can’t have a caveat mate..... cause we still had to come top of the ladder to make it to the last day! IMO without a home prelim we can never make a GF again.

If you wanna do by GF team

- no Mcgovern all year we don’t draw against Collingwood, we don’t come 1st
- how much better is Laird with Smith there

We are not a better team and we will struggle to make top 4.

The thing that hecks me off is that we sat on the fence we didn’t go all in for a flag and we didn’t make have a mini rebuild.

Having both Lever and CC request to be traded allowed us to now trade 2 1sts.

It would've been irresponsible last year, as we didn't foresee those trades happening, and as a result we would've been left with no 1st round pick in either 2016 or 2017.

No but when do you think those firsts for 16 and 17 would start to have an impact on the team and will the window still be open

The window was open last year and Gibbs could have helped

It was a crap decision by the club and to not acknowledge that is rubbish

You can’t have a caveat mate..... cause we still had to come top of the ladder to make it to the last day! IMO without a home prelim we can never make a GF again.

The thing that ****s me off is that we sat on the fence we didn’t go all in for a flag and we didn’t make have a mini rebuild.
Alright then, yes I believe we will be a better team next year.

Basing that on a number of factors but I firmly believe it. This time last year we had just gone through a trade week adding nothing.

Considering we have 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders for next year, i see it as a win.
Now just need milera/gulluci to step up for charlie

And Riley Knight can be released to an outside role if Gibson plays the defensive role.
Happy with what has gone down overall, given we had two players who wanted out.

No but when do you think those firsts for 16 and 17 would start to have an impact on the team and will the window still be open

The window was open last year and Gibbs could have helped

It was a crap decision by the club and to not acknowledge that is rubbish

Focusing purely on the now is how you become North Melbourne.

Locking us out of the 1st round till 2018 just for Gibbs would've been irresponsible and I'm glad the club didn't do it.
Lacking Gibbs is not the reason we lost the GF.

Last edited:

The thing that ****s me off is that we sat on the fence we didn’t go all in for a flag and we didn’t make have a mini rebuild
We in fact will be a better side in 2018 ....Bookmark it !!

Hadn't expected Greenwood to produce what he did ......he'll be better again with another PS

Milera will have a breakout year ...Bookmark it!

Gallucci with a year under his belt will be ready IMO

On paper if you were being honest you would say no, a lot rides on who steps up and how well, to fill the void left by Lever and Cameron. One or several of Milera, Galluci, Doedee, Keath will need to 'level up'. Gibbs into the Mids is huge, make no mistake, he will be an A grade mid in our side. Our forward line will still be as potent as ever. Top 4, pushing top 2 is still the benchmark.

Like I said man.... I’m ****ed off with the lack of vision and planning.
You either load and bring in 2-3 ready made players or you have a mini rebuild we have decided to do neither.
Gibbs is class but he should be an addition to what we already had not a replacement.
Mark my words top 4 will be a massive struggle.

Alright then, yes I believe we will be a better team next year.

Basing that on a number of factors but I firmly believe it. This time last year we had just gone through a trade week adding nothing.

Fair enough then! Hope you’re right!
Also didn’t lose anyone last year really(JL neither here nor there)!

We in fact will be a better side in 2018 ....Bookmark it !!

Hadn't expected Greenwood to produce what he did ......he'll be better again with another PS

Milera will have a breakout year ...Bookmark it!

Gallucci with a year under his belt will be ready IMO

I hope you’re right mate I’ll be the first to acknowledge it if we have a better year than this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back