Wellingham delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke retired he wasn't delisted
Came to an arrangement, same thing in my book. Your fired, so retired. Looks better retired

2 premiership heroes in Cloke and Wellers delisted on the same day. I dare say they’d both still be playing had they not turned their backs on the club.
No they wouldn’t, at least not Cloke. Wellingham is speculative. His career might have been completely different had he stayed. Sliding doors and all that.

Someone needs to do a where are they now on our premiership team. Most of them have ended up on the scrap heap that have left , Shaw being the only real one to have decent seasons since leaving. Beams is starting to have that , injuries aside.
We seem to have got pretty much all spot on. Beams and Shaw only ones who have been good and even then Heater is starting to drop of and Beams has been injury prone. There was much carrying on by some but overall club has been proven to have been correct with their calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to have got pretty much all spot on. Beams and Shaw only ones who have been good and even then Heater is starting to drop of and Beams has been injury prone. There was much carrying on by some but overall club has been proven to have been correct with their calls.

Agreed, and Murray aside our trading has been good over the last four or five years. The issue has been the lack of effective list planning and poor draft strategy.

If we looked at Sharrod as a DFA would he be best 22 and slot into a HB role for a couple more seasons??? The problem is who would he keep out of the side? Our other HB's are Howe,Shaz,Crisp,Langdon, Sinclair if he can stay on the park......

Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for those days in 2010.

Good luck for the future.

Are you questioning Murray the player or the price we paid? IMO he's the type of player we need - did we pay too much? We'll find out soon enough

Yea not the player, but the price. Overall the points were fair, but moving out of the second round in a strong draft was a poor outcome.

I agree we need a player of his type.

I said our drafting was crap. Drafting is not trading.
Always an interesting excercise looking back on this.
All clubs would have hits and misses.

Some recent drafted types, just off the top of my head, some good some not so good, some injured, some time will tell the full story:

De Goey
Moore
Scharenberg
Freeman (not be seen ever again....)
McLarty
Sier
Elliott
Fasolo
Reid
Brown N
Langdon
Grundy
Broomhead
Kennedy
Brown C
Daicos
Kirby
Goodyear
Marsh
Phillips
Sidebottom
Thomas
Pendlebury
Cloke
Sinclair
Ramsay
Wills
Maynard
Crocker

Always an interesting excercise looking back on this.
All clubs would have hits and misses.

Some recent drafted types, just off the top of my head, some good some not so good, some injured, some time will tell the full story:

De Goey
Moore
Scharenberg
Freeman (not be seen ever again....)
McLarty
Sier
Elliott
Fasolo
Reid
Brown N
Langdon
Grundy
Broomhead
Kennedy
Brown C
Daicos
Kirby
Goodyear
Marsh
Phillips
Sidebottom
Thomas
Pendlebury
Cloke
Sinclair
Ramsay
Wills
Maynard
Crocker

We traded for Elliott. Another example of our generally excellent trading.

My issue isn't with the players drafted (although the jury is out on that), it's the lack of planning. We went nine drafts with only one KPP drafted, who we were lucky to get as a father son. That just shows a lack of foresight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back