2nds Northern Blues 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs will be filming this. For drafting and training purposes. They should have the decency to stream it.

Hell the AFL should be doing it and selling stream subscriptions to VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL/TAC/U18 Champs.

Call it AFL plus and sell it with stats.

They'd make a mint

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The clubs will be filming this. For drafting and training purposes. They should have the decency to stream it.

Hell the AFL should be doing it and selling stream subscriptions to VFL/SANFL/WAFL/NEAFL/TAC/U18 Champs.

Call it AFL plus and sell it with stats.

They'd make a mint

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
There's production expectations that come with subscription coverage (from the viewers, media industry, the football staff and the AFL), and that tends to involve multiple camera angles and decent commentary. There's also an expectation of quality games. Now you have to multiply that number by what... 60... 80?

The SANFL have tried it, but I'm not sure how popular it is. The NEAFL do many free YouTube streams, but they effectively cover three states. AFL Victoria did a pretty good job last year alongside the clubs, and we got to see 2-4 VFL games per round.

I think it's reasonable to expect the club to just stream it to YouTube if they're already recording, but I'd want them to try and stream at 720p60 if they do so. I wouldn't want much more than a clock (doesn't have to be time on), quarter and score board.

Commentary is nice, but it isn't a must have. But what I want isn't congruent with paid coverage, and may still require more significant sponsorship funds (though I doubt it).

Last edited:
NBFCSquadMar10.jpg

That's a decent looking reserves team.Things are looking promising

12 Carlton listed players .......

ASOS, Tom De Koning, Jesse Glass-McCasker, Patrick Kerr, Sam Kerridge (today’s captain), Kym Lebois, Matthew Lobbe, Harrison Macreadie,
Cillian McDaid, Cameron Polson, Angus Schumacher and Matthew Shaw

12 Carlton listed players .......

ASOS, Tom De Koning, Jesse Glass-McCasker, Patrick Kerr, Sam Kerridge (today’s captain), Kym Lebois, Matthew Lobbe, Harrison Macreadie, Cillian McDaid, Cameron Polson, Angus Schumacher and Matthew Shaw.

Precisely we're developing depth across 1st & 2nds which takes time .
At last we can develop and nuture the kids with a dedicated development coaching team and experianced harder AFL bodies playing along side them.

Looks like Box Hill ran away with it in the last quarter, which is understandable with our young squad:

No Tom Wilson?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Still at least 2 more pre-season matches to go, and he's a more senior VFL player who has no stake in AFL selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No match reports on the game yesterday?
I know they folded in the last quarter but I would like to know how the young guys went.

The official stuff will be a little slow given they went down to Tassie and are probably enjoying their Sunday.

Josh Fraser's comments on Northern's website now. About a few young guys, he said:

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=5886

“I thought Cam Polson’s game was encouraging: he worked really hard and gave good grunt inside the contest. Not only that, he also showed his turn of speed to get out of congestion and apply pressure,” Fraser said.

“I liked Tom De Koning and Patrick Kerr’s contest forward of the ball was positive: I can’t remember too many times we were out-marked so they either got it themselves or brought it to ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice the Round One season opener is April 7.

Helluva long wait to get the year under way.

Any idea if we play any more pre-season games, or is it intra club city........anyone???

We have a practice match on the 16th and also another pre our AFL round 1 vs Richmond at Punt Rd on the 22nd.
Assuming with Easter after that, that may be it until 7th April for VFL round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back