VFL - Port Melbourne V Richmond 2:00pm, Saturday the 7th of April @ Punt Road Oval (Venue Change)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Richmond members get in free?

we shouldn't - its still a Port "home" game

we cant even do a swap, its our only game against them all season

FWIW the VFL website is now listing us as the Richmond vs Port, but the rest of the fixture is unchanged so I still think its not our home game

the vfl website is horrid however, so grain of salt

FWIW the VFL website is now listing us as the Richmond vs Port, but the rest of the fixture is unchanged so I still think its not our home game

the vfl website is horrid however, so grain of salt
Stone age website

https://www.portmelbournefc.com.au/important-announcement-regarding-north-port-oval-vfl-round-1/
Following an inspection of the ground by AFL Victoria earlier today, the decision has been made to relocate our Round 1 game against Richmond to Punt Road Oval, Too the MCG.
Members and supporters who wish to attend this Saturday’s game should be aware that there is also an AFL game occurring on Saturday ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED at the MCG between Melbourne and North Melbourne starting at 2:10pm; HAS BEEN MOVED TO Punt Road Oval and car parking at or near Punt Road Oval will be PLENTIFUL
EFA.

How good is it now that we never have to worry about turf wickets at PRO. Who ever negotiated that deal with the cricket club deserves a knighthood
It’s a huge blessing coming from experience down at Coburg where the boys have to do their preseason on McDonalds Reserve. It’s a long narrow ground with no goal posts mainly used for junior soccer and cricket. The wicket is up near one end of the ground so it gives the chaps an area of about 50-60% of City Oval to train on. It’s also inconvenient bc about four vans have to come down with all the gear. The last game on CO finished two weeks ago and the boys got a few sessions in , but the centre area is so unstable and uneven with hardly any grass on it. I’ll be checking its state out tonight as they played a praccy match on it on Good Friday.

It’s a huge blessing coming from experience down at Coburg where the boys have to do their preseason on McDonalds Reserve. It’s a long narrow ground with no goal posts mainly used for junior soccer and cricket. The wicket is up near one end of the ground so it gives the chaps an area of about 50-60% of City Oval to train on. It’s also inconvenient bc about four vans have to come down with all the gear. The last game on CO finished two weeks ago and the boys got a few sessions in , but the centre area is so unstable and uneven with hardly any grass on it. I’ll be checking its state out tonight as they played a praccy match on it on Good Friday.
Government and Council funding to put in something similar to craigieburns ground would be great for your area. I live in the North Eastern suburbs and there’s an abundance of good grounds I’ve often thought there should be a VFL team our here. Unfortunately these days lots of councils couldn’t give a rats toss bag about Aussie rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great initiative. Put me down to do a preview.

We have a bye next week (I’m pretty sure) so do you want to do the week after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a bye next week (I’m pretty sure) so do you want to do the week after?

Yep, bye next week, Casey on the following Sunday. I don't remember much of Casey last year (might be the $5 cans) and I won't be able to get out to their home ground in freaking Gippsland on a Sunday, but I'll have a swing at the preview.

Thanks!

Yep, bye next week, Casey on the following Sunday. I don't remember much of Casey last year (might be the $5 cans) and I won't be able to get out to their home ground in freaking Gippsland on a Sunday, but I'll have a swing at the preview.

Thanks!
Good to hear, I'll send you a reminder just in case you forget. (Lets hope I don't forget)

Great idea prodigy. Thanks for the initiative. I'm a WA Tiger and I'm one who loves the updates from the VFL attendees during games. This forum will also help educate many of us about the progress of draftees, injuries and who's in form as possible replacements in the senior side. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back