Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Bradley

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North have had a history of trading for spuds but have been pretty good lately.

After seeing Greenwood playing for the pies tonight it made me think of players who have been poached from your club that have had you secretly go "lololololol who wants that spud?"

Fremantle might have the same reaction when mayne left for example

Has anyone else had the same reaction when a player has left their club?

Yeah back around 2005ish we had a craving for Hawthorne sloppy seconds
Nathan Thompson did well for North. Back to back 50 goal seasons. Top 10 in the 2006 Brownlow with 13 votes.

Jonathan Hay didn't work out, but he wasn't a spud. All Australian in 2001. He was an awesome full back who suffered some mental health issues. North didn't do their due diligence on that trade. Bit of a stitch up by the Hawks.

I don't think either player belongs in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was shocked Port had any interest in Lindsay Thomas.

When Geelong offered up a good pick for Rhys Stanley I was bemused.

Don't mind clubs trying bargain buys with late picks or delisted players though. I've always thought why keep a bottom 3 player on the list when every clubs chopped 5-10 and there's 100 or so ready to play guys worth sorting through.

I was shocked Port had any interest in Lindsay Thomas.

When Geelong offered up a good pick for Rhys Stanley I was bemused.

Don't mind clubs trying bargain buys with late picks or delisted players though. I've always thought why keep a bottom 3 player on the list when every clubs chopped 5-10 and there's 100 or so ready to play guys worth sorting through.
Agree with both here. What did Melbourne get for tompus and watt?

Brennan from lions to GC made me laugh and was really the downfall to goldcoasts recruiting

Agree with both here. What did Melbourne get for tompus and watt?

Brennan from lions to GC made me laugh and was really the downfall to goldcoasts recruiting

Can't remember what we got for Toumpas but Watts was pick 31 which we used on Bayley Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back