Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think he's a spud?

Yep. Stupid draft selection by us at pick 29. He was thought of as a bit of a project player or an unfulfilled talent to date. He actually quit footy at 16 for a year because he just wasn’t that into it.

He never looked like it in the VFL and I can’t work out why North chased him.

Yep. Stupid draft selection by us at pick 29. He was thought of as a bit of a project player or an unfulfilled talent to date. He actually quit footy at 16 for a year because he just wasn’t that into it.

He never looked like it in the VFL and I can’t work out why North chased him.
That's wierd at the time a few Essendon supporters were on our board with different opinions. Ah well cost us nothing!

He was delisted because of the poaching. He told Essendon he had an offer from North and was going there.

It wasn’t even worth anyone’s time doing a trade for pick 90 or something.

Just a really bizarre one.
I think he wins simply because his team chose to delist him instead of faxing through some paperwork.

North have had a history of trading for spuds but have been pretty good lately.

After seeing Greenwood playing for the pies tonight it made me think of players who have been poached from your club that have had you secretly go "lololololol who wants that spud?"

Fremantle might have the same reaction when mayne left for example

Has anyone else had the same reaction when a player has left their club?
Greenwood to Daicos....Goal...Hehe:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we made the right call only offering Greenwood $270k a year for 2 years. Probably overs with hindsight. Almost got sucked into a silly Ebay bidding war.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back