Poaching Spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones, Jaksch, Tutt, Whiley, Everitt all on our list in 2015.

Warnock was there too.

Funnily enough two of our worst players at the time are now abled best 22 players at other clubs (Holman, Gowers) and would be entrenched in our 22, although they never did much at all with us. While Buckley is break glass emergency at GWS, Bell is a spud but looks after talented kids at Brisbane, Menzel was a failure at Adelaide & plenty of blokes punted without a second chance elsewhere (Watson, Dick, Giles). Good list of spuds, that's not even the end of it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are paying Jack Steele and Josh Bruce BIG coin.
Both are very average.
Steele is far from being on 'big' coin. He wouldn't be in our top paid players at the club, far from it in fact. Josh Bruce is on a decent contract, although that was after he was re-signed off the back of a 50 goal year.

Strange call to say Steele is very average as well, but that's an argument for another thread.

I was shocked Port had any interest in Lindsay Thomas.

When Geelong offered up a good pick for Rhys Stanley I was bemused.

Don't mind clubs trying bargain buys with late picks or delisted players though. I've always thought why keep a bottom 3 player on the list when every clubs chopped 5-10 and there's 100 or so ready to play guys worth sorting through.
We still are bemused.

Farren Ray to St. Kilda. Took me three full seasons before I noticed he was no longer on our list.
Really mate so you didn't notice him picking up 31 touches and 2 brownlow votes against your dogs our first matchup after he was traded?

What a ridiculous attempt at revisionist history. He had a career best year as soon as he left the dogs and was a very valuable player in an excellent (yeh yeh I know we didn't quite win a flag and you eventually did) side and was very far from a spud. Not to mention we gave up * all for him.

Of all the players we've picked up over the years there have been plenty of spuds, why would you try it on Farren? Why not Shane Birss or something :rolleyes:

Also link to a thread full of Dogs fans melting after we 'poached' your 'spud' https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/farren-ray-and-pick-48-to-st-kilda-for-pick-31.507347/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back