Low Carb Diet

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Cashie

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone got any ideas for a low carb meal planner? Breakfast I usually eat oatmeal with egg whites which is carbs but ok for breakfast.

Where I run into problems is in the evening. Aside from steak, salmon, chicken all with veggies, what more can I think of? I do eat tuna also and I hear spring water is the healthiest.

I gotta lose the gut before my next overseas trip. Unfortunately I had kfc last night and a caramel slice with lunch yesterday :(

Anyone got any ideas for a low carb meal planner? Breakfast I usually eat oatmeal with egg whites which is carbs but ok for breakfast.

Where I run into problems is in the evening. Aside from steak, salmon, chicken all with veggies, what more can I think of? I do eat tuna also and I hear spring water is the healthiest.

I gotta lose the gut before my next overseas trip. Unfortunately I had kfc last night and a caramel slice with lunch yesterday :(
Go check out the LCHF thread on the Health and Fitness board.

Here's what I usually have:

Breakfast: nothing. Have a coffee with no sugar or milk if you can't skip a meal. It will suppress hunger.
Lunch: Tuna salad.
Dinner: Meat/fish/eggs and salad, often add cheese.

No snacks, no dessert, no juices, no alcohol. Maintain a caloric deficit without carbs and you'll lose weight. I go to the gym so have whey protein post-workout. Avoid nuts because of high calories.

Add high-intensity interval training (HIIT), I recommend a stationary bike, plus weight lifting and you'll lose weight. I dropped 6kg in a couple of months to basically as light as I have been as an adult. Now lift to gain weight, may do a cut soon but only changes portion sizes (and not eating yoghurt which I do now).

I'm keto. My typical diet is:

Breakfast. Coffee with a fat bomb.

Snack: Almonds or Lindt 90% chocolate

Lunch: Caesar Salad

Snack: Protein shake - usually have it with Greek/natural yoghurt

Dinner: Some form of protein (fish, steak, chicken etc with green vegies)

Snack: Berries and Ricotta or Whipping Cream

Here's what I usually have:

Breakfast: nothing. Have a coffee with no sugar or milk if you can't skip a meal. It will suppress hunger.
Lunch: Tuna salad.
Dinner: Meat/fish/eggs and salad, often add cheese.

No snacks, no dessert, no juices, no alcohol. Maintain a caloric deficit without carbs and you'll lose weight. I go to the gym so have whey protein post-workout. Avoid nuts because of high calories.

Add high-intensity interval training (HIIT), I recommend a stationary bike, plus weight lifting and you'll lose weight. I dropped 6kg in a couple of months to basically as light as I have been as an adult. Now lift to gain weight, may do a cut soon but only changes portion sizes (and not eating yoghurt which I do now).

Of course you will lose weight if you starve yourself. And lifting weights while eating so little isn't going to work. You need to eat more calories to put on muscle.

Source: I am in treatment for eating disorders and over exercising.

Of course you will lose weight if you starve yourself. And lifting weights while eating so little isn't going to work. You need to eat more calories to put on muscle.
I am aware of that. I've put on 6kg after losing 6kg but it is mostly change in body composition (i.e., muscle).

It depends on what your current goal is. But I still go low carbs regardless and still fast (intermittent).

I am aware of that. I've put on 6kg after losing 6kg but it is mostly change in body composition (i.e., muscle).

It depends on what your current goal is. But I still go low carbs regardless and still fast (intermittent).

That's good. At least you're not going out of control. Glad to hear it is working for you :)

If you are just looking to lose weight then just eat healthier and exercise a bit more. The biggest issue is see in your post is the last sentence - lack of discipline. You want to lose weight but you'll have KFC and a caramel slice.

These low carb diets might work but if you are already struggling for discipline now then it wont work for you.

These low carb diets might work but if you are already struggling for discipline now then it wont work for you.
That's the beauty of fasting. If you have zero calories for breakfast (fast) and a low calorie lunch like a light salad, then you just have to avoid eating crap and you can basically eat what you want for dinner. It's a way to cheat calories as well as obtain the benefits of fasting. Some days I only eat once but can have a couple of steaks for dinner and yoghurt and chocolate for dessert - and not get fat.

Discipline is a matter of habit. Create a monthly routine check sheet where you list your daily habits. Tick off the days you fulfilled your mini-goals. Look to improve month to month. It took me a year to get off processed sugars, improvement is not linear. For setting of strong goals check out the Harada Method.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back