Player Watch #16: Shaun Hampson

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be amazed if we took the risk with Griff or Hammer in a final. Unless Nank goes down.
Playing the extra running player could be the difference, while playing an underdone Griff or Hammer will most likely result in us being one player down when they break down in the 1st quarter.
However, it would be a very Richmond thing to develop a game style that transformed us from bottom four to top four and then select players in the final rounds that would completely stuff that game plan. I'm not relaxing until a top four position is secure. That Griff and Conca stroke of genius two years ago still haunts me.

Given the state of our talls Hammer is a useful break glass in case of emergency option. I don't reckon you'll find anyone saying he should be rushed in because he is so fantastic. .

This

Whats going on with this bloke? I reckon he would have been useful for us in the centre last night and also throughout the year. We need someone giving us first use in the middle because this playing Grigg as a ruck at the centre bounces isnt working, and Nankervis also isnt the really the best tap ruckman. Not sure what our clearance stats are but im tipping wed be close to the bottom 4, and probably last for hitouts.

Whats going on with this bloke? I reckon he would have been useful for us in the centre last night and also throughout the year. We need someone giving us first use in the middle because this playing Grigg as a ruck at the centre bounces isnt working, and Nankervis also isnt the really the best tap ruckman. Not sure what our clearance stats are but im tipping wed be close to the bottom 4, and probably last for hitouts.
Hampson offers nothing but value at centre bounces .... we effectively play one more short once the ball is bounced. The game has moved on from one dimensional ruckman. Yes Grigg as a back up is inadequate but Hampson is not the answer, even if he ever gets back on the Park!

Atleast Hampson sitting in the goal
Square would ensure the ball came to ground. He wouldn't mark it but doesn't get outmarked either.

Would offer more than Moore currently and can ruck

Atleast Hampson sitting in the goal
Square would ensure the ball came to ground. He wouldn't mark it but doesn't get outmarked either.

Would offer more than Moore currently and can ruck
Hahahaha what a joke. Hampson can’t even get out of bed and you expect him to do all of those acts on a footy field. lol Morro stop trolling.

Hahahaha what a joke. Hampson can’t even get out of bed and you expect him to do all of those acts on a footy field. lol Morro stop trolling.
Obviously when fit.

Ashurst a man of your supreme intellect doesn't need that part spelled out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have been bought in ages ago....

Agree mate

I know Nank likes playing the lone wolf but he can’t be on field the whole game and soldo does not just help him it also helps jack

He has a degenerative back issue

Won't play Seniors again and off the list this year

Soldo must play soon. But is a second ruck needed against Cats? Honestly haven’t watched them play at all this year.
What about Balta, play 25-30 percent game time in the ruck and then high forward or is it too early and throwing him to the wolves in his first year.
Personally I think Zsoldo is a limited player but Nank does need a chop out and Chol is no longer an option

Has played 35 games out of possible 106 and hardly a memorable game amongst them. Poor recruiting option that has only got worse with age.
Don’t bring facts into it .... the eternal optimists hate it! Wow 30-odd games with hardly highlight and still people think he can play and add value!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back