Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

If becomes a gun, i'm calling his nickname as....

I-am-mclovin.jpg.jpg

Too late

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/discussion-on-pick-43-mitch-mcgovern.1082755/#post-36239791

https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites...9cd02634f9612c9d51daf3bfdd3&memtype=anonymous

Carlton recruit Mitch McGovern has revealed missing selection for Adelaide in the 2017 Grand Final played a part in his decision to leave the Crows for the Blues.
McGovern admitted he was jealous of older brother Jeremy McGovern for getting the chance to play in a Grand Final and win a premiership with West Coast after his dream was shattered last year.
The forward was ruled out of Adelaide’s Grand Final against Richmond after failing to recover from a hamstring strain.
“That one hurt me a bit, it’s not very often you get the opportunity to play in a Grand Final,” McGovern said.
“That one hurt me quite a bit. There was a bit of jealousy knowing Jezza got to play in one and win one.“That burnt me for a while, but I’m pretty sure I’m moved on from that one.”
Asked if it played a part in his decision to leave the Crows, McGovern said:
“There were areas of it, definitely,” McGovern admitted.
McGovern said he had feared his brother would suffer the same fate he did when he was under an injury cloud before the Eagles’ flag win.
“I missed my opportunity last year and sort of the eve of the Grand Final we weren’t too sure whether Jezza would pull up for the game,” McGovern said.
“It was quite a scary few days for me thinking he was going to go through the exact same thing I went through the year before, so it was a bit daunting on that side.“But to see his perseverance to get through what he had been through and end up on the other side and end up with a big impact on the game was pretty special.”
McGovern said his decision to leave the Crows was not purely based on football.
“It’s a difficult question to answer from where I’m sitting here,” he said.
“Obviously I don’t want to say what’s going on behind the scenes.
“But Adelaide, the direction — it wasn’t part of the talent or the footy ability of the group. For me it was more outside of those four walls and that’s something that’s personal to me at this stage.
“I’m not willing to speculate on that.”

Carlton recruit Mitch McGovern says decision to leave Crows not all about football

“But Adelaide, the direction — it wasn’t part of the talent or the footy ability of the group. For me it was more outside of those four walls and that’s something that’s personal to me at this stage.

“I’m not willing to speculate on that.”

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure who this was meant for or why he would even bring it up. It really has left him open for more criticism.

It's a good story except for the fact that he re signed with the Crows after this all happened.
Has he forgotten that little detail?

I think he really should have just moved on without trying to justify his thinking.

I'm not sure who this was meant for or why he would even bring it up. It really has left him open for more criticism.

It's a good story except for the fact that he re signed with the Crows after this all happened.
Has he forgotten that little detail?

I think he really should have just moved on without trying to justify his thinking.
He actually sign in August 2017
Prior to the finals
In any case he has come across very unprofessional
Very negative person indeed
Going to be difficult for him being in a team that doesn't rake up too many wins

Hey you man-bunned moustached Carlton knobs - you're no longer Big 4, capishe?

In classic metal parlance, the Big 4 is Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth - you bums aren't even Warrant or Ratt

Hey you man-bunned moustached Carlton knobs - you're no longer Big 4, capishe?

In classic metal parlance, the Big 4 is Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth - you bums aren't even Warrant or Ratt
More like Milli Vinilli across all musical genres.

Just say it already McGov "I Love splashing around in waddles of cash!"
Plain and simple, and people would then move on.

Or a more professional answer could be:
"Carlton offered me job stability and more opportunities in the forward line where hopefully I can help repay the opportunities where I've been given. My time in Adelaide was great, no real issues, just wanted to take my game and life in a new direction where I think could help me develop more as a player."
"Oh, and the big CASH offer helped my decision!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back