Mitch McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we can trade you some salt next year to go with all the potatos on your list

Their depth and talent outside their top 10 is a lot to be desired. Spud city.

tenor.gif

And imagine if he says so, and then breaks down quarter 1. I'm sure you'll be off your nut going "our club is a shitshow, they played an injured player when we had an alternative, sack Fagan".

I'd rather us make that call that he's injured if we believe so with a replacement available, and literally everything we've seen with the McGovern v Otten fight for a position indicates we believed he was injured. I don't care in the slightest McGovern thought he was alright, our doctors know his body better then he does (which is naturally expected due to a doctor being impartial in this situation). You don't say you're injured when it comes down to a finals appearance.
Made the right call not to play him - made the wrong call playing Otten

Just say it already McGov "I Love splashing around in waddles of cash!"
Plain and simple, and people would then move on.

Or a more professional answer could be:
"Carlton offered me job stability and more opportunities in the forward line where hopefully I can help repay the opportunities where I've been given. My time in Adelaide was great, no real issues, just wanted to take my game and life in a new direction where I think could help me develop more as a player."
"Oh, and the big CASH offer helped my decision!"
At least Watts liked swimming & ****.
McScrouge McDuck likes KFC and waddles of cash.
Its a bit uninspiring to be outdone by Jack Watts.
Jack Watts!!!
The bastard is still going to be a gun though :(

Last edited:
Bullshit. If he's right to go, he plays. But we can't bring ourselves to have good guy Andy Otten be an unlucky out.

This is an odd stance to take, especially from you. You’re normally first in line to call players out and call them selfish when they put their hand up to play when they’re not 100%. Here we have a player basically admitting that he cracked the shits when told he wasn’t right to go, yet this time you decide it’s the coaches fault because they like Andy more? What makes he wasn’t fit? Why wouldn’t the coaches play him? It’s obvious they rated his talent highly especially back then.

You want to know whats funny, Carlton posters think they are only 3-4 years away from a GF and that they are closer to a grand final than we are.

I kid you are not.

The delusion on their board is at another level. They are of the belief their players will all stay and that their coach and his game plan will take them to a flag.

They are yet to experience pain.
Yeeeah they finished 18/18 and we finished 12/18. We've both been decades without winning anything. Those in glass houses...

Bullshit. If he's right to go, he plays. But we can't bring ourselves to have good guy Andy Otten be an unlucky out.
He wasnt right to go, if he was close we would have played him.

You know it to be true, you bang on about us playing injured players all the time

Love the AFL article painting the story as 'the crows omitted him' from the granny.

Would have been nice if he was fit, but we always complain about the club playing injured players in finals so you can't blame the club there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did his fitness test at that public training session at AO before they went over.

One of my mates was there and texted me he wont be playing from what he saw when Gov was attempting the fitness test.

If the club wants to humiliate him they could show footage of that test, I bet they filmed as they do all training sessions. Then we can see how he pulled up after and during his fitness test.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He did his fitness test at that public training session at AO before they went over.

One of my mates was there and texted me he wont be playing from what he saw when Gov was attempting the fitness test.

If the club wants to humiliate him they could show footage of that test, I bet they filmed as they do all training sessions. Then we can see how he pulled up after and during his fitness test.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It was clear he was the preferred forward option in front of Otten during the year (if the other forwards remained healthy). His non-selection basically implied he was still at risk of doing another hammy.

There’s thinking you’re fit enough to play, and there’s ACTUALLY being fit enough to play (for a whole match).

Then there’s thinking you’re fit to play as an excuse to move to a bottom club for waddles of cash!

I didn’t spot you at the open training sessions at Adelaide Oval prior to the Grand Final.

I was very hopeful that Mitch would play but he could barely complete a few kicks and run throughs. He was weeks away from being available.

Mitch, like plenty of other players, has felt frustration regarding injuries (refer to Brad Crouch thread). He had a history of soft tissue problems prior to being drafted and was passed over in his draft year. It is always easier to blame the club rather than admit that your body is not suited to professional sport. This was compounded by Dougie taking him out this year.

Some players have a poor run with injuries as teenagers and subsequently come good, others never get a good run at it. If Mitch stays healthy he will be a great pick up for Carlton, emphasize IF.

I didn’t spot you at the open training sessions at Adelaide Oval prior to the Grand Final.

I was very hopeful that Mitch would play but he could barely complete a few kicks and run throughs. He was weeks away from being available.

Mitch, like plenty of other players, has felt frustration regarding injuries (refer to Brad Crouch thread). He had a history of soft tissue problems prior to being drafted and was passed over in his draft year. It is always easier to blame the club rather than admit that your body is not suited to professional sport. This was compounded by Dougie taking him out this year.

Some players have a poor run with injuries as teenagers and subsequently come good, others never get a good run at it. If Mitch stays healthy he will be a great pick up for Carlton, emphasize IF.
I feel that Govs real issue is his manager. The guy really sounds a knob. Surely his job is to mentor his client as well. Get them the best deal but explain the lay of the land. His manager also has a history with other clients. The AFL needs to look at the practice of some managers with contracted clients.

What a flogburger MeGovern turned out to be.

Same s**t as Jake Lever. Entitled and sandy vag when not selected immediately after injuries

The 2014 draft ended up being a disaster for us. Two players with s**t character and two players who were not good enough.

I feel that Govs real issue is his manager. The guy really sounds a knob. Surely his job is to mentor his client as well. Get them the best deal but explain the lay of the land. His manager also has a history with other clients. The AFL needs to look at the practice of some managers with contracted clients.

Payer movement is where it is at...and when most of them want to go to Victoria...it is allllllll good. There will be a shitstorm when the tide turns though and knowing Gil, he will get the rules committee onto it pronto

Disappointed to miss GF
Moves to team least likely to play in a GF

Seriously though, I went to the training prior to the GF, he could barely move, there was no way he was playing. I remember being very disappointed by this as our chances were much improved if he had played. To state that a reason he wanted to leave was that he was omitted from the GF side is the biggest load of bullshit since Tippett's 'I want to go home'

whos his manager?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back