Past Ben Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome.

Trying to remember the last time we had brothers playing together in a senior side.

Kernahans??
Thought you were taking the piss. Larfed out loud

I liked your first post, won't lie.
Then noticed the Darth's Post.
Unliked it.

Hold the door open like a good gentleman, I'm coming out too!!
Thought you were on holiday already?

Good size, good mover, looks to have good hands. Happy to let him develop in the reserves. With a few injuries you never know, might even debut this season. Probably been a player who the last season has lacked a bit of opportunity for a number of reasons. Could be a good player in a good system, like with all big guys we will have to be patient, pretty much got to let these tall guys get to about 21 or 22 years old before you can see what they can do.

I agree, but I still feel a litte bit of special treatment here, Time will tell and I really really hope I'm wrong, very excited about everyone else though

There will never be any escaping that perception. More than just perception: third generation, it IS special!
If anything there's more pressure on Jack and now Ben to perform than on "ordinary" draftees.
The only way for these two to shake off the doubters will be to perform, and if they're not absolute stars, there will always be people nodding knowingly. "Ahh, you see?"

Welcome Ben. Work hard so this addition is more than just sentiment. Fills a genuine need at lock down KPD if up to it in the future. Love than we didn’t wait for a bid and backed the youngster in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome.

Trying to remember the last time we had brothers playing together in a senior side.

Kernahans??

We don't have a great track record of brothers - and the posters highlighted the Curnows - but below is a listing which includes the Baxters, Gardiners, Greens, Kernahans...

http://www.blueseum.org/Blues+Brothers

Of course Big Nick's brother was also a Blue!

And Kouta's brother played reserves....

FtB

So turns out the reason he missed the back half of the year was a broken thumb.

Got caught ball watching in his last Vic Metro game on a few occasions and coaches wanted him to do a little work on it. End of training Campbell Brown goes to do the one on one work (only meant to be 5 run throughs, nothing extreme)

First contest, ball ends up smashing thimb, breaks thumb.

Hence why he slid a bit.
Dad says break your thumb son or I'll do it for you. We are gonna slide to 70 ok...big thumbs up

Welcome Ben.
Well I remember in the 80s behind the goals watching the early days of those bow legs..SOS was keen on Jo they said. Said to me mate...lets hope they have a boy and the tradition continues. In the nineties three of them arrive. Said to same mate...maybe it will happen..fingers crossed.
And now two of those little boy blues have come into that tradition. Magnificent.

Oh and he can play a bit dont worry about the naysayers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back