Moved Thread Toby Greene joins a select group

Remove this Banner Ad

Byron Pickett - heavy bumps against oppositions often causing aftershocks and concussions. I would daresay Pickett was the main instigator of the rules of bumping being more heavily scrutinised in the last 10-15 years.

Byron Pickett - heavy bumps against oppositions often causing aftershocks and concussions. I would daresay Pickett was the main instigator of the rules of bumping being more heavily scrutinised in the last 10-15 years.

the rules have been changed as the industry has learnt more about the effects of concussion

that Byron was a big hitter is really irrelevant -

the rules have been changed as the industry has learnt more about the effects of concussion

that Byron was a big hitter is really irrelevant -
The AFL industry might had change due to the natural evolution of our understanding of concussions. However, Pickett was one of the heaviest bumpers (if not the heaviest) around the time of AFL’s raised concussion awareness, and he was regularly causing lengthy time-outs to his opponents.

This post isn’t about me being a Crows supporter. I actually liked watching him play as a footy purist and his toughness at ball/body.

That was to stop PCL's.

It probably disadvantaged White, but it wasn't brought in because of anything he was doing.
Wasn't it Adam Goodes who did his PCL just before the change happened? Sydney again hey?

Now now.

He doesn't do that. It takes incredible poise and timing to mark and protect your space with your feet in one motion though.

I haven't seen poise and timing like that since watching a Jackie Chan boxed set as a kid! :eek:

Did he fly kick your DVD's across the living room like a mad campaigner?

It actually was an eventful day.

My cousin decided he was now Jackie Chan and tried to fly kick me and I grabbed his leg and accidentally swung him into a wall causing a giant hole in the plaster.

Then we ran away because we thought we would cop a flogging from pop.

Pop found us and gave us 2 floggings. One for the hole in the wall and one for running away.

A great man, my old pop!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Momentum.

Dalhaus's role in running into his boot has been mostly overlooked. You can only idiot proof your game so much, then the principles of natural selection take over.
Nah he's aware he's got got the studs in his face and he pushes off, grinding said face in an irresponsible act of abject doggery

It actually was an eventful day.

My cousin decided he was now Jackie Chan and tried to fly kick me and I grabbed his leg and accidentally swung him into a wall causing a giant hole in the plaster.

Then we ran away because we thought we would cop a flogging from pop.

Pop found us and gave us 2 floggings. One for the hole in the wall and one for running away.

A great man, my old pop!
in the days where someone wasnt filming it for youtube...

Nah he's aware he's got got the studs in his face and he pushes off, grinding said face in an irresponsible act of abject doggery
Not at all
It's very clear that the motion is coming from Dalhaus. I've no doubt the fine was because Toby looked like he enjoyed it though.

Momentum.

Dalhaus's role in running into his boot has been mostly overlooked. You can only idiot proof your game so much, then the principles of natural selection take over.
there is some truth to your claim of Dalhaus's idiocy, he has just signed with Gellong after all...or is that a sign of PTSD?

Actually getting out if the Bulldogs is a sign of growth in my view. But clearly not that much given where he went.
Certainly worked for Cameron, Griffen and Sam Reid.

Oh wait...

Garbage.
He was well within the rules each time except the dogs incident and with that I can hardly blame him.

Theyve changed the rules and now theres a whole offseason for players to understand the change and no excuses.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nah

It’s always been illegal to kick someone

The AFL simply couldn’t see the difference between the legal use of the feet and a kick.

It’s akin to not being able to tell the difference between a fend off, a punch and holding the man. They all involve the hand but completely different movements and intent.

Nah

It’s always been illegal to kick someone

The AFL simply couldn’t see the difference between the legal use of the feet and a kick.

It’s akin to not being able to tell the difference between a fend off, a punch and holding the man. They all involve the hand but completely different movements and intent.

Really?

Plenty of classic photos and more recent ones that show Tobes did nothing illegal.

From now on on the other hand it is.

Really?

Plenty of classic photos and more recent ones that show Tobes did nothing illegal.

From now on on the other hand it is.

The rules have always been that you can use your boot and sprigs but never was a kick allowed

As you say, now a moot point

Certainly worked for Cameron, Griffen and Sam Reid.

Oh wait...

Shiel, Lobb, Scully and Setterfield must have seen the writing on the wall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back