2019 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

When are we going to see Ricciardo in yellow?
WCE_-_Jumper_1_result.jpg

Yeah. But let's face it. Mansell was feeling a bit vulnerable that he was going to get usurped by Prost again, like at Ferrari. Prost would've vetoed Senna because Senna is a campaigner.
More Bullshit. Mansel went and won indycar. He had bigger fish to fry than the corrupt prost

Re Vettel and his supposed 'veto' on Ricciardo, if he truly had that sway, Kimi would still be at Ferrari with Leclerc spending another season at Sauber, or even replacing Grosjean at Haas.

Riccardio would of be a poster boy at scuderia. There has never been a better fit of driver and team than Daniel son and the prancing horses.

Neither team or driver would look back.

Only one thing could of stopped this.

Ironic scuderia signed up fingerboy to get a title. They didn't and now that signing has cost them the best driver and personalty on the grid.

When are we going to see Ricciardo in yellow?
That's Australian Gold my friend.

I feel Dan will rue the move initially as I expect RBR to be competitive next season. I just hope for his sake Renault show improvement through the year.

Riccardio would of be a poster boy at scuderia. There has never been a better fit of driver and team than Daniel son and the prancing horses.

Ironic scuderia signed up fingerboy to get a title. They didn't and now that signing has cost them the best driver and personalty on the grid.
You're right
What on earth were Ferrari thinking hiring a 4 time world champion trying to win another.
What they should have done was hired the guy with 7 race wins who has never been apart of a championship battle.

You're right
What on earth were Ferrari thinking hiring a 4 time world champion trying to win another.
What they should have done was hired the guy with 7 race wins who has never been apart of a championship battle.

Fingerboy only won because he pulled rank over the number 2 driver.

Daniel Son was faster at rbr when they were there.

And every year when the season heated up fingerboy was found wanting when cause I'm black turned up the heat.

You're biased so you'll never understand.

And every year when the season heated up fingerboy was found wanting when cause I'm black turned up the heat.
I went to check this, as I thought this was typical of the sweeping generalisations you see from all the Hamilton fans and anti-Vettel brigade, but didn't think it was true.

2010 season.

After trailing championship leader Lewis Hamilton by 31pts at the end of the Belgian GP. Vettel closed off the season outscoring Hamilton 105-58 to clinch the title and make Hamilton a footnote of the 2010 championship showdown.

2012 season.

Trailing Lewis Hamilton 142-140 at the end of the Italian GP (2nd and 4th in the standings). In the last 7 races, Vettel went on a run of 141-42pts to make Hamilton completely irrelevant with a number of races to spare.

But is it only just last year that counts?

More Bullshit. Mansel went and won indycar. He had bigger fish to fry than the corrupt prost
Hahaha

This, I agree with. Looking at Ferrari's history, it probably means it'll count against him.

Fingerboy only won because he pulled rank over the number 2 driver.

Daniel Son was faster at rbr when they were there.

You're biased so you'll never understand.
Vettel was considerably better than Webber, even Mark will admit that
Vettel only had one year with Ricciardo, was likely checked out mentally for most of that time as well.
imadodgyumpire handled your final point well, also Vettels title in 2010 was literally decided in the final race. Even in 2012 he fought off Alonso (another driver better than Ricciardo) in a tight battle.

I have to believe you are trolling with that last statement.

Yeah, this is where talking about drivers gets complicated for me. We're really splitting hairs when talking about them. Even though I've backed up happy eagle, there's bits where I disagree with him. But sometimes it's not worth trying to articulate yourself. As proof of this post, which took me 15 mins to settle on.

I really should just be watching the bbl.

Few pre-season snippets

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141015/f1-created-simulation-for-grid-format-change

Formula 1 created its own simulations to trial changing how the grid lines up in the future, having initially considered using Esports to sample potential tweaks.

"We asked ourselves what would happen if we moved the cars closer together and put them side-by-side again - maybe not four and three like they used to be, but two-by-two.
Interesting theory that simulation tools can be used to trial rule changes

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141021/mclaren-expects-good-2019-car--brown
McLaren is "anticipating a good car" for the 2019 Formula 1 season as it bids to improve swiftly under its new management structure.

"The off-season development has gone according to plan but you ultimately don't know what the competition's been up to and the competition's tough, and getting tougher.
Lets hope so.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141005/verstappen-moved-clear-of-ricciardo--marko
Max Verstappen's progress has moved him clear of his ex-Formula 1 team-mate Daniel Ricciardo in both qualifying and race trim, according to Helmut Marko.

"There is specific data," Marko told Autosport. "In qualifying the gap to Ricciardo is greater. In the race he's also a bit faster.
lol Helmut being Helmut

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140971/ricciardo-will-give-renault-another-dimension
Alain Prost says that the arrival of Daniel Ricciardo at Renault will help to take the team to "another dimension."

Prost admits that Renault "missed some opportunities" in 2018 - but he's convinced that the team will make good progress this season, especially with its power unit.
Once again, lets hope so

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140969/red-bull-gets-boost-from-retained-honda-concept
Red Bull's switch to Honda engines will be boosted by the manufacturer sticking with a design concept for a third season for the first time within the V6 turbo-hybrid era.

It is believed to be hoping to make more progress with the development before testing begins, while Red Bull has already stressed that reliability is not expected to be perfect at the start of the partnership.
Could be some toys out of the cot style frustration from Max if the engine turns out less reliable than the Renault

Vettel was considerably better than Webber, even Mark will admit that
Vettel only had one year with Ricciardo, was likely checked out mentally for most of that time as well.
imadodgyumpire handled your final point well, also Vettels title in 2010 was literally decided in the final race. Even in 2012 he fought off Alonso (another driver better than Ricciardo) in a tight battle.

I have to believe you are trolling with that last statement.

There's also the performance clause in Vettel's last RBR contract. Daniel beat him, but Vettel had checked out and tanked the rest of the season too, so as not to trigger an automatic extension with the team.

Vettel saw off Alonso, Webber, Hamilton and for a fair chunk of the season, reigning champion Button in 2010.
Beat Alonso driving an admittedly far worse Ferrari in 2012. (Alonso was leading by upward of 40pts at one point of the season as well)
2011 and 2013 he was unstoppable.

And I strongly disliked the RBR Vettel. But any non-bias F1 observer can admit how good he was in those seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's interesting. I suppose it helped that RB were no chance of beating MB or getting beaten by Williams?

The thing that puts him down a peg from my pov, was that the only/biggest difference between the 2013-2014 cars were the engine regs, and it seemed to throw him way out. Everything else was the same (A development of the previous car, but effectively the same car, the team, etc.), yet it threw him way off. Not just that, but it didn't even look like he'd overcome it. Usually when a top driver like Vettel goes through a trough, they show glimpses of form that suggest they're fighting whatever is holding them back. BUt Vettel showed jack s**t in 14.

Imo, had the regs stayed the same for 14, then while Ricciardo would've still announced himself as a serious F1 driver, I still reckon Vettel would've carried on to win another championship.

It's more obvious in motorbike racing, but still applies to car racing. A subtle change that you don't think would be a big deal for a top level dirver, becomes a huge deal and throws them off.

Grandprix.com is reporting that the 2019 Mercedes engine is a complete re-design compared to the 2018 engine.

"La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that a brand new, "deeply redesigned" power unit has been produced at Mercedes' Brixworth engine headquarters, "keeping little" of the 2018 unit."

http://www.grandprix.com/news/mercedes-to-use-all-new-engine-in-2019.html

I hope for the sake of the championship as a whole and not having to hear "get in Lewis" followed by "thank you so much, love conquers all" every race; that the engine is a bust.
Their engineers are the best on the grid, unfortunately I can see this making them even better and maintaining the overall gap to Ferrari

The Italian newspaper said Mercedes has made progress, particularly in the area of energy recovery, accounting for 12 extra hp but no more fuel consumption. That is notwithstanding the fact that fuel consumption can actually increase in 2018, with the FIA giving the teams an extra 1.3 gallons of fuel to use per race.
https://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/report-mercedes-use-all-new-f1-engine-2019

Any optimism I have for this sport being equalised is destroyed each year Mercedes rock up to winter testing and post the best times whilst barely leaving 3rd gear. Radical engine regulations are the only way we will see an end to Mercedes dominance (or the retirement of Hamilton).

I'm not going to get tricked by the "Honda have improved their engine" or "Renault will be faster this year" headlines this time round. Ferrari are the only team I still hold out hope for as they did have a pace advantage for the first half of last year (with some pretty poor race strategy management letting Vettel down)

the "Honda have improved their engine" and "Davidson is rapid in the BAR-Honda in testing" classic statements are the "more midfield time" of the F1 pre-season.

I'm with you there eagle, Mercedes have barely raised a sweat in the past few seasons. If they raced with no inhibitions, they'd be 1-1.5 second a lap quicker than anyone else.

Loved reading kimmis comment when cutting laps that the car is 'ok' lol! I'd be stunned if he sticks the year out its gotta hurt his ego

Mick Schumacher has been signed to the Ferrari driving academy, great news.
Lessens the possiblility of Ricciardo ever joining Ferrari.

I can't remember if it's been talked about on here before, but his F3 title comes across a bit iffy.

Mick Schumacher has been signed to the Ferrari driving academy lessens the possibility of Ricciardo ever joining Ferrari?

Mick Schumacher will have absolutely no influence on whether Ricciardo ever joins Ferrari.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back