Analysis Western Bulldogs 2018 Supercoach/Dream Team Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks mate, really deep league so the pool is dry.
Williams, McVeigh and sicily killed my backline this year
Unlucky

Yeah my brother plays draft and he's been hammered in the ruck lately with Ryder and McEvoy, not much to replace them with either, think Dawson Simpson was his best option the other week

Hey guys, fellow dreamteamer here. What’s Dunkleys prospects look like for the rest of the season? When he plays with both Macrae + Bont his scoring seems down. Coupled with honeychuch and dalh’s Injuries could he return to half Forward? What’s his chances of staying as a mid?

Hey guys, fellow dreamteamer here. What’s Dunkleys prospects look like for the rest of the season? When he plays with both Macrae + Bont his scoring seems down. Coupled with honeychuch and dalh’s Injuries could he return to half Forward? What’s his chances of staying as a mid?
I'd say one of Dunks or Bont will go forward

Gowers has been switching FWD MID lately also as a rotation

Macrae and McLean likely stay in the guts full time, I'd watch Dunkleys role this week and maybe next while playing with Bont though just to be sure.

Lipinski will probably replace Dahlhaus I'd say and play high half forward/wing.

I'd say one of Dunks or Bont will go forward

Gowers has been switching FWD MID lately also as a rotation

Macrae and McLean likely stay in the guts full time, I'd watch Dunkleys role this week and maybe next while playing with Bont though just to be sure.

Lipinski will probably replace Dahlhaus I'd say and play high half forward/wing.

Cheers for that, may be a wait and see at this stage, has good form so hopefully they reward him with a run in the guts!

Hey guys 0 is Suckling done for the year? read in the AFL report he is apparently out indefinitely, although i dont see any actual report to back that up. Is he any chance of playing in the next 2 weeks?

Hey guys 0 is Suckling done for the year? read in the AFL report he is apparently out indefinitely, although i dont see any actual report to back that up. Is he any chance of playing in the next 2 weeks?

his achillies have flared up - was supposed to be running last week but we didn't get an update on him today. I would think very unlikely in the next 2 weeks.

Is Trengove likely to keep playing in the ruck or was that a one-off against his old side last weekend?
Cheers.

Hey guys, just wondering how Libba and Caleb Daniel are going this pre season.
Currently have them both in a keeper league. I noticed Daniel moved to a HBF and this increased his scoring (I don't think he knows where to run in the midfield just yet).

Not sure what to do with them both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, just wondering how Libba and Caleb Daniel are going this pre season.
Currently have them both in a keeper league. I noticed Daniel moved to a HBF and this increased his scoring (I don't think he knows where to run in the midfield just yet).

Not sure what to do with them both.

If its a deep keeper league, and you have heaps of players on your team, both will be worthy to hold. If a small team/shallow league, I'd be open minded to moving them on.

Caleb moved down back very late in the season in 2018, so unfortunately only a very small sample size there, he played well, and from reports has spent some time off the backline in training. Whether he will score many points is the question given Williams, Doc, Suckling, JJ are all capable of playing the smaller defender/rebound/possession defender role. Have a feeling Caleb may be up and down on his scoring output, may pull a 100 or two out his ass, but otherwise low and mid range scores.

Libba has been training very well and doing many good things, but anyone can look a star at training. Wasn't that great coming back from his first reco, took time to get his confidence back and struggled to have a serious impact. I think this time will be a lot different given his better mindset in rehabilitation. Everyone knows a fit Libba can kick goals, find the ball and land a few tackles. It's more a question of will he find that come match day. Think he will average around the 80's, but can be capable of pushing towards 100.

Last edited:
Hi Doggies,

Bont or Macrae? Have feeling the Bont might kick a few more goals this year with the hands in the back rule relaxed a bit. How is his pre-season travelling?

Hi Doggies,

Bont or Macrae? Have feeling the Bont might kick a few more goals this year with the hands in the back rule relaxed a bit. How is his pre-season travelling?
Unlike last year, Bont is actually having a pre-season. He had a pre-pre-season with Dunkley in the US.
It's a hard one to judge because he scored well when Dunkley came into the side as a pure inside mid late in the year.

Macrae is a beast though, one of the harderst trainers at the club.

Unlike last year, Bont is actually having a pre-season. He had a pre-pre-season with Dunkley in the US.
It's a hard one to judge because he scored well when Dunkley came into the side as a pure inside mid late in the year.

Macrae is a beast though, one of the harderst trainers at the club.

Cheers Mate. Absolutely love Macrae and have had him my side the last two years. He is a fair whack of coin though.

Given Bont has had a good pre-season do you reckon he can got 110+. Has been 100+ for the last 4 years. I am looking for a Fyfe replacement, hearing that the Bursitis is restricting him a fair bit.

Cheers Mate. Absolutely love Macrae and have had him my side the last two years. He is a fair whack of coin though.

Given Bont has had a good pre-season do you reckon he can got 110+. Has been 100+ for the last 4 years. I am looking for a Fyfe replacement, hearing that the Bursitis is restricting him a fair bit.
Honestly, I love the Bont and he's in my side but I'd wait and see until JLT. He suffers from being our best forward too so may see a chunk of time down there as well.

Hi Doggies,

Macrae for consistency. I love the Bont and he pulls big scores out of his ass here and there. But on those days where he doesn't find the goals and only gets 20 possessions can sometimes leave you a little short points wise. At least with Macrae you know he will land 30 possessions, and some tackles most weeks. That being said, its a roll of the dice. Dunkley finding form, Libba returning, Bontempelli might finally find more of the ball/become more consistent, Macrae could lose a few touches. Its all a roll of the dice with players on our team at the moment. Bontempelli will be a unique player/point of difference if you do go with him though.

Macrae for consistency. I love the Bont and he pulls big scores out of his ass here and there. But on those days where he doesn't find the goals and only gets 20 possessions can sometimes leave you a little short points wise. At least with Macrae you know he will land 30 possessions, and some tackles most weeks. That being said, its a roll of the dice. Dunkley finding form, Libba returning, Bontempelli might finally find more of the ball/become more consistent, Macrae could lose a few touches. Its all a roll of the dice with players on our team at the moment. Bontempelli will be a unique player/point of difference if you do go with him though.
I think you have nailed it. Could be a great pod with a full pre season under his belt. Super tempting option.

Hi all,

Sounds like a lot is riding on how English steps up this year. What do you think he might average? (playing SC)

Thanks!

Hi all,

Sounds like a lot is riding on how English steps up this year. What do you think he might average? (playing SC)

Thanks!
All depends on his role

If he's clear number one ruck then maybe around 75-80 if he stays fit, if he plays a bit forward a bit ruck then 60-70

Expectations on Dunkley in 2019? He exploded last year, particularly the second half of the season, but I wonder what the return of Libba may do to his output.

Can he average 95+ DT?
Again look at his role with Libba, Macrae etc around him, if he spends time forward then reassess

If Libba comes good again then I expect Macrae to be solid but not 120+, probably 110

Remove this Banner Ad

Back