Review Dogs Run Out Of Legs And Lose To Collingwood - Rd 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

We tried our heart out but were just outclassed in the end. I'm not disheartened by our performance at all, feels like we're back to our 2015/16 form where we're competitive with everyone.

We really are just a functioning forward line away from being a super strong side.

Richards Gowers and wood need a spell. Possibly Schache too but I suggest just keep playing him until Boyd is ready to return. Lipinski deserves a call up.

I know he is a fan favourite but would Cordy get a game at any top 8 side?
He was slaughtered in the last quarter by a literal easter egg.
This is the fault of the coaching staff leaving him as the only key defender.

W
This was lost at the selection table. English solo rucking again, absolutely slaughtered at the stoppages. Dropping a tall defender for a small against a team with Mason Cox.

Bring back Monty.
What would Lewis Young have done against Cox? Bugger all. Made the right call. Cordy just didn’t have a good game.

I liked the team selection. I don’t like the bad goal kicking. I hate when we move the ball backwards. Ends badly most times. I’m really disliking our slow ball movement. And disliking the most how often we get sucked right into a marking contest and get slaughtered on the spread because we’re too close in.

Schache is an embarrassment to the tri-colours - he should not wear them again.

2 weeks ago I said he needs some mongrel, gee that was an understatement. He needs to harden up, or piss off. Good talented player, but wowee what a squib. He doesn't want it enough, and should make way for players that do until he does.

Cannot criticize effort but too many players are not contributing. Wood, Schache, Durea, Gowers, English, Lloyd for a start were poor contributors . I am sure there are a couple more I missed.

Bring up players performing well in the VFL. I don't know if we will do any better but am sure we could do no worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he is a fan favourite but would Cordy get a game at any top 8 side?
He was slaughtered in the last quarter by a literal easter egg.
This is the fault of the coaching staff leaving him as the only key defender.

I know Cox is not Carey, but Cordy was conceding 20cm. Was always going to take its toll eventually.

Close, but we weren't quite good enough. A lot to like but we have got a fair bit of improving to do before we can rate ourselves a flag chance.

Still a chance for the finals if we can get better as the season goes on. Plenty of time to re-set.

Maybe 1-2 changes next week ... Schache seems an obvious one. I'm cooling on Duryea but I doubt Bevo will drop him since he was the one who lured him to VUWO. Pity.

We got much closer than i expected. Frustrated Collingwood. Game plan was solid. Shame we couldn't capitalize on Pies being player down, but short break and our young players just couldn't run it out.

I think the English experiment is hurting. We're being monstered in the hitouts. More are going to advantage than ours - we've got done by a few kicks in the last two weeks. It's contributing.

Finally, Wallis should be disgusted with his game. Sloppiness, handling and kicming errors. Handed the Pies at least 2 goals.

Schache and Gowers were extremely disappointing.

What would Lewis Young have done against Cox? Bugger all. Made the right call. Cordy just didn’t have a good game.
I dunno? Maybe provide a better contest in the air? As opposed to guys like Wood and Crozier who have to jump with all their power every single time Collingwood kick it to him? Cordy is 192cm, Cox 211cm, that isn't a good matchup.

You fellas will be okay - the cattle is there for you don’t worry about that. Pretty good contest in the end. Not sure if we play again this year but good luck for the rest of the year.
Cheers mate, devastating finish but good to see us keeping up. We face off round 14 again so I look forward to the rematch.

Hopefully we have something to stop Grundy this time because he was a monster. Also never drop Varcoe again, tore us to shreds at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back