Preview Geelong v GWS Sat Apr 13 145 Pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight, I'm beginning to become fearful that we'll revert to the team who beats good teams + loses to lower Ladder teams. For some reason players became complacent, or was it arrogant, or both? It's so exciting to see the players switched on, in the first three rounds.
Wouldn't be too worried then, GWS are top 4

Wouldn't be too worried then, GWS are top 4

Thanks, GWS are still lower on the ladder though lol I was thinking about the game in Canberra in 2016, when GWS stunned us in a win, it was StevieJ's first game for them.

His confidence is and mindset is also my concern (not sure that's necessarily the right word).

It's great we haven't lost yet and that Sav is being competitive, but at some stage I wonder if not timing his leaps, not sticking marks etc is going to start playing on his mind.

If things turn around for him in the seniors then great, but I'm not against him having a week or 2 in the VFL where the slower speed of the game may just help him clunk a few marks etc, improve his confidence in his leg and possible even his hand after the broken finger/thumb. Then bring him back in and hope the confidence comes with him

Yes Cats09, I wrote something similar. Then thought of last year, when some were saying he didn't have the endurance, needed a bigger tank, needed time to develop in VFL. Ratcat + I had a long discussion over the weeks about Sav + Ratcat even had a training programme for him. I remember many of us were astounded at the rapid improvement of his endurance.

It may be a case of chucking Sav into the deep end to see if he sinks or swims. However, your point about his leaps + marks, his confidence - I said he looks nervous, your 'mindset' too - all of those issues need to be observed.

Tonight, I'm beginning to become fearful that we'll revert to the team who beats good teams + loses to lower Ladder teams. For some reason players became complacent, or was it arrogant, or both? It's so exciting to see the players switched on, in the first three rounds.
Except that GWS is also a VERY good team, and their KF is in career best form again. Their best is better than Melbourne's. Anyway, this SEEMS to be a different Geelong this season so far......

Give a plug to miers this week as well was brilliant last week. Whitfield, shaw, William's all very offensive defenders. He could bob up and kick another handful.

His short hit up leads have been excellent and he just knows where the goals are.

While everyone is looking at dangerfield and ablett resting forward he could be the one that gets under the guard.

Also think S.Taylor from GWS will start on Sav so perhaps he could glove one or two early on and get his confidence up a bit.

The lucky thing this season is the spread of goalkickers has meant he really isn't required to be kicking 2 a week. But as the season gets deeper we do need him mitting a few big Mark's on the wing.

You get a handful of crucial plays in a game like that where contested Mark's can just break games open with guys flying through the middle of the ground.

So I'm hopeful he has a good week or two and then perhaps give him a little rest coming into the bye. CHF and backup ruck for a young player is tough on the body and he has looked a touch sore from time to time early on.

Agree.
I'm selecting GWS this week for those reasons. 9 days to drink our own bathwater... kids will come to earth this week I fear. GWS are a class act and actually in form. The motley crew we played at home last year were nothing like this week's version. Purely on paper, we lose, but hoping HGA means something this week.

No this is just a very dangerous giants side you could throw Jon Patton and toby greene in you cause a lot more problems.

I think geelong are favourites on home deck with the nice 9 day break.

But I do agree the giants have all the ingredients to really trouble geelong. Really hard running deep midfield is the first check mark. A strong fullback davis on Hawkins and a fleet footed half back line.

With himmelberg and cameron forward you create a few headaches matchup wise. Taylor probably matches up well with himmelberg but jeremy cameron gets good supply I love kolo as a defender I just don't like this particular matchup. And I don't know who else goes to him I think it's probably a team defence. With the ground dimensions just keep pushing him wide and force the giants around the boundary as much as possible.

Really excited for this game though really good test.

Yes, it's my opinion that the tone of the collective, and clearly audible 'gasp'from the crowd, as they realised Mumford's intention, indicated that most were of the same impression.

At the moment of impact Mumford's arms were NOT by Duncan's sides......he only extended them after the impact to break his own fall.

Anyhow, we disagree, and it's history now. As you say, time to move on.

I’m with YOU Cataholic. Any other description of that event is disingenuous. At the time it split cats supporters. If it happened all the time I might feel differently but it doesn’t. Mummy was intent on hurting and if my memory is true then I remember media saying he was a bit soft and lacked aggro. Chris Scott remarked that Mummy’s action was not a strong act, implying that he thought it was a weak act; that’s something from him as he was such a rugged player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Read this in passing but I actually think it might have some truth.

Without researching Hopper, Daniels, Davis, Hill, Halloran and Perryman are. Dr Boer and Hately were prefects at their private schools. That's just those I know off the top of my head.

Not sure if that's typical of an AFL list where talented kids from the country might take scholarships and access TAC cup and better coaching.

Our academy in bush NSW might be a factor too, although only Hopper and Perryman fit that mould.

We’ve got plenty of private school kids playing for us. How is this relevant?

Nothing.That is my issue. We are clear favourites. I hate that. No way am I comfortable because everyone expects us t win at our home ground. Call that irrational, but I haven't expressed it yet this year. Always worried about the oppositions' strengths, but this week it's our own team.
Pretty easy to come down after our 3 excellent wins and be slightly less hungry and on edge and that's all it takes.
Look at Doggies last week.

Chris Scott said our main problem has not been short breaks but longer ones. This worries me both for GWS but also for the Hawks. Would prefer to lose to GWS and beat the enemy 9 days later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be a he and he could have built a username directed solely on the traits of his wife ... who knows. :straining:

I have a female friend on the Richmond boards, actually how I became aware of bF;anyway after 7 years people started to think she was a she poster. I don’t like richmond and their supporters yet so many of my friends are tigers supporters so since that moment I don’t know if it was a good or bad thing. Am a very one eyed supporter. Rabid actually. God I love a cats win.

I like the idea of never worrying about gender and just like taking posters at their word.

That's not necessarily true, a few have fabulous water front homes on the Parramatta River + a few live in Cabbarita, which is an old AGL site, developed in the early 2000s. Both areas were formally working class suburbs. The development along the Parramatta River, since the GWS development is fantastic. A beautiful area, overlooking the river onto Bush.

Kitty, how do you know where they live? Is this reported?

Danger was pissed when the Addy printed pretty well where he lives. I know where he is because a friend sold the house to them but were bound by confidentiality for a bit. Paddy is a genuine top bloke. Always got time other people’s kids in cafes and seriously he’s fantastic. Not everyone is as comfortable.

In the USA couldnt watch last nights game from AFL app , want to watch today’s game any ideas how I can do this live from NYC
If your tv picks up australia network chanel they play afl games. Otherwise getting a international pass through the afl app will allow you to watch afl overseas. Not sure about Kayo overseas but that might be an option too. Is there an Aussie sports bar there you could watch? Goodluck!

In the USA couldnt watch last nights game from AFL app , want to watch today’s game any ideas how I can do this live from NYC
dazbroncos is our American correspondent. I'm sure he'll be able to direct you in the right direction.

Wont be able to watch today as will be playing local footy so I'll anxiously check the scores on the afl app (if it actually works) or someone will no doubt tell me (especially if we're losing)

Kitty, how do you know where they live? Is this reported?

Danger was pissed when the Addy printed pretty well where he lives. I know where he is because a friend sold the house to them but were bound by confidentiality for a bit. Paddy is a genuine top bloke. Always got time other people’s kids in cafes and seriously he’s fantastic. Not everyone is as comfortable.

When the club started, they bought a resort complex so the players could all live there, if i remember correctly. It was widely reported at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back