Society/Culture At Least 42 Dead And Hundreds Injured In Church And Hotel Bombings (Now 259 Dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tragic event as is cutting social media from the area the pictures will still get out sri lanka

WOW considering how quickly you are to attack/abuse others for apparently being racist and posting racist comments the hilarity of this irony made me fall off my chair. Pretty poor post considering what has happened too.
How is that racist? Many companies have moved their call centres to India. That is a known fact. Calling someone Indian is racist?

Ah i see, we only care about Christians. Forgot my place, carry on.

It's astonishing that anyone takes you seriously. Against my better instincts, I will explain it to you one last time.

The complaint was about the tweets saying "Easter worshippers" when they could've just said Christians. You came wandering in saying "Newsflash, not all people who celebrate easter are religious," which wasn't even the point. When it was demonstrated that "Easter worshippers" was specifically about people going to church in Sri Lanka to celebrate Easter (and therefore obviously Christians), you say "So only Christians were in the hotels that got attacked too?". When it is again pointed out that "Easter worshippers" was specifically about people going to church because "tourists/travellers" was clearly used for those in hotels.

Now you say "we only about Christians," even though there is no reason to complain about the way "tourists/travellers" are referred to. I really hope you're not like this in real life, moving the goalposts around constantly instead of just admitting wrong.

It's astonishing that anyone takes you seriously. Against my better instincts, I will explain it to you one last time.

The complaint was about the tweets saying "Easter worshippers" when they could've just said Christians. You came wandering in saying "Newsflash, not all people who celebrate easter are religious," which wasn't even the point. When it was demonstrated that "Easter worshippers" was specifically about people going to church in Sri Lanka to celebrate Easter (and therefore obviously Christians), you say "So only Christians were in the hotels that got attacked too?". When it is again pointed out that "Easter worshippers" was specifically about people going to church because "tourists/travellers" was clearly used for those in hotels.

Now you say "we only about Christians," even though there is no reason to complain about the way "tourists/travellers" are referred to. I really hope you're not like this in real life, moving the goalposts around constantly instead of just admitting wrong.
Basically, you're saying you're triggered that they didn't use the word Christians because that is somehow really offensive to you. But people who may have been at/near the church who may not have been christian (such as myself yesterday in Ireland) are non-existent and we don't care about them.

I got you don't worry. We only care about white Christians and we should be labelled as such. Got it, with you all the way. Carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is that racist? Many companies have moved their call centres to India. That is a known fact. Calling someone Indian is racist?
LOL if you cannot see how it is stereotypical along race/nationality lines then I really can't help you.

I guess then you have no problem with people stating other facts like Muslims are terrorists, Aboriginals are pissheads, nigerians are scammr etc etc etc etc because these too are known facts and there are also many of them.

Basically, you're saying you're triggered that they didn't use the word Christians because that is somehow really offensive to you. But people who may have been at/near the church who may not have been christian (such as myself yesterday in Ireland) are non-existent and we don't care about them.

I got you don't worry. We only care about white Christians and we should be labelled as such. Got it, with you all the way. Carry on.

The fact that you get so defensive about this, that you don't even want to admit that Christians were attacked, says everything that needs to be said. They targeted churches on Resurrection Sunday in the middle of worship services. If that isn't an attack on Christians, there are no attacks on Christians.

EDIT: Wait, white Christians? What do you think the Sri Lankan Christian population looks like?

LOL if you cannot see how it is stereotypical along race/nationality lines then I really can't help you.

I guess then you have no problem with people stating other facts like Muslims are terrorists, Aboriginals are pissheads, nigerians are scammr etc etc etc etc because these too are known facts and there are also many of them.
I'm not stereotyping anything. There are over 350,000 people who work in the call centre business in India. Qantas, Telstra, the Banks etc all have call centres based in India.

But jesus christ, your ability to be triggered and then actually show your unintelligible and racist nature is just... shocking. Honestly shocking.

The fact that you get so defensive about this, that you don't even want to admit that Christians were attacked, says everything that needs to be said. They targeted churches on Resurrection Sunday in the middle of worship services. If that isn't an attack on Christians, there are no attacks on Christians.

EDIT: Wait, white Christians? What do you think the Sri Lankan Christian population looks like?
I'm not the one getting defensive. You're the one who is extremely upset at the use of the words Easter Worshipper instead of Christian Overlords. It was an attack on Christians, I don't think anyone is actually saying different. My point was lumping everyone under one exclusive label is wrong. That's about it. If you can't see that through your blind rage then :shrug:

I'm not stereotyping anything. There are over 350,000 people who work in the call centre business in India. Qantas, Telstra, the Banks etc all have call centres based in India.

But jesus christ, your ability to be triggered and then actually show your unintelligible and racist nature is just... shocking. Honestly shocking.
ROFL I am not the one who goes around taking the moral high ground by thinking they have a right to tell people what they can't and can't post on the grounds of racism or stereotypes and then goes on and makes the same type of stereotypical comment they call others out on.

But as usual you have been shown up and have to resort to attacking the poster as a result

I'm not the one getting defensive. You're the one who is extremely upset at the use of the words Easter Worshipper instead of Christian Overlords. It was an attack on Christians, I don't think anyone is actually saying different. My point was lumping everyone under one exclusive label is wrong. That's about it. If you can't see that through your blind rage then :shrug:

"Blind rage"? "Extremely upset"? :drunk: Failure of emotional comprehension right there, marks off for you.

Well done on finally saying that it was an attack on Christians. Now tell me, why were so many people from one political group unwilling to say that "Easter worshippers" were Christians? No-one "near a church" was attacked. It was people in the churches who died and were injured. So why call them "Easter worshippers" when we know they are Christians? There was about as much chance of them not being Christians as there was of people in the Christchurch mosque not being Muslim - should they also have said some other phrase instead of Muslims?

"Blind rage"? "Extremely upset"? :drunk: Failure of emotional comprehension right there, marks off for you.

Well done on finally saying that it was an attack on Christians. Now tell me, why were so many people from one political group unwilling to say that "Easter worshippers" were Christians? No-one "near a church" was attacked. It was people in the churches who died and were injured. So why call them "Easter worshippers" when we know they are Christians? There was about as much chance of them not being Christians as there was of people in the Christchurch mosque not being Muslim - should they also have said some other phrase instead of Muslims?
There is check mate!

Seems to me that India could be considered a bit of an alarmist on Islamic extremism, I wonder if that had anything to do with failure to act on intelligence
I think there is more to it, but the public is unlikely to ever know the full detail. If for example, certain levels deliberately chose to ignore the advice (hypothetically speaking of course) it's possibly best the public of Sri Lanka remains in the dark. Sometimes these things can have multiple layers and players jumping on what they believe to be, an opportunity.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back