Preview Politics in Australia

What are the three key issues of the 2019 Federal Election?

• The economy

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tax

• Government Services

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Climate policy

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Animal welfare

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Environment

• Wages

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Industrial democracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superannuation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Housing affordability

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah, left wing. Albo is more right, I think.

Don't put your house on it though - I'm not especially knowledgeable.
I thought Tanya was from the left and Bowen from the right.

But i dont really pay much attention.

Not sure about them. But given Tanya is Bill's deputy, I wonder whether she will be tarnished by his defeat.
I dont think so but who knows.

I do think Bowen will be looked at very negatively given the taxation measures put forward did not play well.

I listen to a podcast that Leigh Sales and Annabel Crabb do together where they just speak general crap - so weird seeing them being so 'professional' toward each other. Yes, yes, they are grownups - but it's like seeing two people you know personally being very corporate and distant to each other in the workplace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think so but who knows.

I do think Bowen will be looked at very negatively given the taxation measures put forward did not play well.
Thats the trouble you see. Everyone wants everything but doesnt want the cost of it. And so we go down the tube as a nation of greed and no social justice at all. Just imagine when other countries start asking for the debts to be repaid. Its going to get tough.

Thats the trouble you see. Everyone wants everything but doesnt want the cost of it. And so we go down the tube as a nation of greed and no social justice at all. Just imagine when other countries start asking for the debts to be repaid. Its going to get tough.
It is very difficult to take away benefits from anyone and the Labour Party suffered by suggesting they wanted to redistribute wealth.

It is very difficult to take away benefits from anyone and the Labour Party suffered by suggesting they wanted to redistribute wealth.
Yes true enough mate but these young uns have no clue of what they are in for. The heavy cost of debt that the libs ran up has to be paid. And in truth the parliament wiil again be held to ransom in the senate so no policy of change can ever get passed.

Yes true enough mate but these young uns have no clue of what they are in for. The heavy cost of debt that the libs ran up has to be paid. And in truth the parliament wiil again be held to ransom in the senate so no policy of change can ever get passed.
Interesting there has been no mention of the Senate breakdown , at least on Sky. I am guessing they are counting Senate votes tonight :think:

I'll give him credit for a very dignified speech.
One of the ABC commentators (might have been Andrew Probyn) said that the best case scenario for the Coalition would be that they win but Abbott doesn't. I wonder if the Coalition might be more moderate from now on instead of just being so inflammatory the whole time.

One of the ABC commentators (might have been Andrew Probyn) said that the best case scenario for the Coalition would be that they win but Abbott doesn't. I wonder if the Coalition might be more moderate from now on instead of just being so inflammatory the whole time.
It doesnt matter what style they take if they form a minority government. Because firstly they havent any policies at all. And second the senate will defeat all substantial attempts to pretend they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back