People getting offended about people getting offended can melt here

Remove this Banner Ad

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Carlton supporter got thrown out of the game for calling the umpire a bald headed flog. What kind of nazi state bullshit is that? The afl is just becoming a joke. Do they think it’s going to boost crowds? It’s more likely people get over being told what to do and won’t even bother going to games.

Funny how its ok for tugger flogs to boo ablett though.

Carlton supporter got thrown out of the game for calling the umpire a bald headed flog. What kind of nazi state ******** is that? The afl is just becoming a joke. Do they think it’s going to boost crowds? It’s more likely people get over being told what to do and won’t even bother going to games.

Funny how its ok for tugger flogs to boo ablett though.
Its horrible. The country is now officially f**ked.
Free speech is out the window. Now even the lefties who have been shutting everyone down are getting raided and suppressed.
What did I tell you lefties? I f**Ken told you, you were gonna wreck it for everyone.
But No, you just had to be offended by f**king everything.
Now only corporations, mass media and governments will control speech and opinion to suit their interests at the time.
Faaaaaaaaaark.
Rant over.

Free speech is out the window. Now even the lefties who have been shutting everyone down are getting raided and suppressed.
What did I tell you lefties? I f**Ken told you, you were gonna wreck it for everyone.
Now only corporations, mass media and governments will control speech and opinion to suit their interests at the time.
Faaaaaaaaaark.
Rant over.
Uhhhh... I don't think the raids were caused by anything "lefties" have done - except try to report on the abuses and largesse of the government.

But that's not really a discussion for a footy forum :)

Uhhhh... I don't think the raids were caused by anything "lefties" have done - except try to report on the abuses and largesse of the government.

But that's not really a discussion for a footy forum :)
I've been saying, if we're happy to shut down free speech one way and everyone is cool with it, the government was eventually going to figure out they'll be fine if they shut it down the other way.
& now that's what they're doing. And no-one will kick up much of a stink at all.
Bad times ahead.

Faaaaaaaaaark.
Rant over.

Sadly we're well on our way to becoming a fascist country :(

Faaaaaaaaaark.
Rant over.
This is a quality melt Spazz! Lol

Ironic since it's the left making it so.
But as they say the last door on the left is the first on the right, you keep going left you eventually become extreme right.
Ah yes. That leftist Morrison/Turnbull/Abbott government who've been running the country for over a decade now.

I know. Can't help it. This **** sets me off every time.
We know!:D
Seriously though, with all the fist fights and fan abuse that seems to be getting worse, don't you think it's better to kick the flogs out so they can act like turkeys somewhere else? I love that I can take my family to a game and just have fun banter with op fans, but just like the mentals online, it seems some supporters are just thinking they can do and say anything.

Ah yes. That leftist Morrison/Turnbull/Abbott government who've been running the country for over a decade now.

No.... just lefty attitudes and societal movement.
I don't give a * about playing political games, I don't care whose in power or what "side" they are on, I'm a very typical swing voter, I vote for who I believe will be the best for Australia regardless of party, I just look at society and the direction it's taking.
It's not just Australia either, it's all western countries.

There is no right or left in the 2 major political parties. No actual ideals either way.
It's why both governments change their leaders constantly to suit the day. No beliefs in anything
It's just who can win an election with the best scare campaign and then hold onto grim life in their seat to collect a salary, perks and hopefully a good pension.

I don't give a **** about playing political games, I don't care whose in power or what "side" they are on, I'm a very typical swing voter, I vote for who I believe will be the best for Australia regardless of party, I just look at society and the direction it's taking.
It's weird. Where are all these people who are so outraged and offended by stupid Tweets and comments now?
Something just happened to ACTUALLY get offended about and worth fighting and they're nowhere to be seen.
It seem like they're just dobbing nerds who just want to get people in trouble but don't actually care about anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't give a **** about playing political games, I don't care whose in power or what "side" they are on, I'm a very typical swing voter, I vote for who I believe will be the best for Australia regardless of party, I just look at society and the direction it's taking.
Cool...back to the footy hey?

We know!:D
Seriously though, with all the fist fights and fan abuse that seems to be getting worse, don't you think it's better to kick the flogs out so they can act like turkeys somewhere else? I love that I can take my family to a game and just have fun banter with op fans, but just like the mentals online, it seems some supporters are just thinking they can do and say anything.
How bad is it though? Is it actually worse or is it just covered more? And has it got a lot to do with people having cameras on their phones now?
As a kid I used to go to the footy and they sold heavy beer, and there were fights and people used to call the umpires all sorts of names.
Yet me or my family never had a problem!
Families were plenty happy to go.
I don't think the problem with violence or unfriendly family stuff has anything to do with calling the umpires names.
I'd say it has more to do with the rise of UFC and every young bloke reckons they can fight.

How bad is it though? Is it actually worse or is it just covered more?
As a kid I used to go to the footy and they sold heavy beer, and there were fights and people used to call the umpires all sorts of names.
Yet me or my family never had a problem!
Families were plenty happy to go.
I don't think the problem with violence or unfriendly family stuff has anything to do with calling the umpires names.
I'd say it has more to do with the rise of UFC and every young bloke reckons they can fight.
Yeah, I've been chased at Kardinia Park by skinheads and had beers tossed over me back in the 70s.
Does it mean we should put up with it now?
I don't know what the Carlton bloke actually said or didn't say, but from the photo he was hanging over the race right in the ump's face.
I suspect there's more to it than an average bloke calling a ump a dill.

Yeah, I've been chased at Kardinia Park by skinheads and had beers tossed over me back in the 70s.
Does it mean we should put up with it now?
I don't know what the Carlton bloke actually said or didn't say, but from the photo he was hanging over the race right in the ump's face.
I suspect there's more to it than an average bloke calling a ump a dill.
No. Violence should not be put up with at all.
I couldn't care what he called the umpire TBH.

Maybe the ump did?
Would you put up with someone verbal abusing you at your workplace?
Depends of what line of work I'm in. If my line of work involved me in the middle of a stadium and required me to make decisions that upset 50% of the people in it every time. Yeah I would assume that was going to happen, and if I liked the job and got paid enough I'd put up with it.
Maybe we should not clap or cheer our team if we win, cause it could be upsetting to the team that lost. You could see how that would be upsetting to the other team and fans yeah? It's really quite insensitive we do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back