McGovern reported

Remove this Banner Ad

He went off the ground and to hospital. If he came straight back on in a few minutes it would be low impact.
Hjp93l2.png

Pushing players into fences after the ball has been disposed and when the player is past the boundary line at high speeds does not have anything to do with Childrens football. It's not a hard or brave act in anyway either.

Not hard to see who has or hasn’t played footy on here. Just laughable.

He did come back on but went off due to rib pain. Thats what the taxi ride was for. He already passed the concussion test (otherwise he wouldn't of come back on).
Sorry I should have been more clear - came back on and played out the whole game. Anyway all the points have been made and the decision handed down - lets see if he challenges it.

Hi guys, good to see a bit of discussion. WC supporters here still don't seem to understand the difference between a bump and push. Bump was ok - secondary push action not. Fair result 1 week and graded how I said it would. Cheers
You are all over the shop. You magically didn't see it in the same light when Ablett was elbowing blokes in the face week after week after week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern was the one who pushed him into it so he takes the blame not the chair, it's not like the chair attacked Guelfi on it's own and injured him.

Not surprised he got a week for it, Michael Christian has handed out some garbage suspensions in his time but this wasn't one of them.

I doubt West Coast would even appeal it as they don't really have any grounds to appeal, I don't think blaming the chair at an appeal would hold much water.

Time will tell I suppose. I doubt we don’t appeal.

You are all over the shop. You magically didn't see it in the same light when Ablett was elbowing blokes in the face week after week after week.
Not at all - decision and grading was exactly as I predicted which tells me most of you and your fellow supporters don't understand the game and the grading system. I understand your bias is influencing your views which I can't change. I see you have a lot of anger and frustration towards Ablett - let me know which players he had sent to hospital in those incidents and I will happily respond.

Probably one of those delayed concussions that get triggered by the end of quarter siren. They've become increasingly common since the substitute was eliminated.

IIRC Karl Amon had one of those too after NNs tackle....

If the AFL's serious about this concussion issue they may have to review these players being let back on to play and then later reporting "mild concussion". Lawsuit in waiting

So Essendon sent a concussed player back onto the field?
Just accept it dude... FFS WC supporters here are precious lol... You would think someone took a premiership off them.

The symptoms of a severe concussion are immediate – dizziness, blurred vision, memory loss or even loss of consciousness, but for a mild concussion that doesn't involve being knocked out, symptoms may not seem obvious until days later.

It seems its not that easy to diagnose mild concussion straight away hence the reason he probably passed the severe concussion tests but showed up with symptoms later on.

Not at all - decision and grading was exactly as I predicted which tells me most of you and your fellow supporters don't understand the game and the grading system. I understand your bias is influencing your views which I can't change. I see you have a lot of anger and frustration towards Ablett - let me know which players he had sent to hospital in those incidents and I will happily respond.
Yeah you are a troll good work. Ablett clocking blokes in the face is ok because he didn't put them in hospital? Idiot. Structurally we are well covered if he goes down so it doesnt really matter except that was a legitimate and reasonable action that any AFL player would be expected to make in that situation.

Last edited:
essendon sooking after they lose

wow 1st time we have seen that
be grateful you lost by 30 not 130

Remove this Banner Ad

Back