Leigh Matthews - Ignorant or flat out racist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone answer this question for me? I cant remember the last time Eagles played and he did not attack one of our indigenous players in some shape or form. Riolis so called block. Against Collingwood he lambasted Ryan for being lazy and not up for it every game and then yesterday he attacks Naitanui

So just because Naitanui has dark skin he must be indigenous Australian?

Racist or ignorant?

OP reeling in marlin on a tight line right here! I mean * I’ve seen hardcore fishing before (on tv) but this is insane.

Wow. A whopping 6 more hitouts than an over the hill ruckman whose career defining attribute is that he's "durable".
Probably more the fact that in his first game back we went +22 in clearances which is double our next best for the season.

Wouldn't expect a Carlton supporter to know much about footy with the tripe they've served for nearly 20 years though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably more the fact that in his first game back we went +22 in clearances which is double our next best for the season.

Wouldn't expect a Carlton supporter to know much about footy with the tripe they've served for nearly 20 years though.

Want a tissue honey?

Lets check the possibilities:

Proposition A.
  • Natanui had a very quiet game far below his historical output
  • His minute restriction and lack of mobility when actually on the ground was a liability the West Coast could not afford with one man down on the bench. This nearly cost them the game against a team which should not have got close.
Proposition B
  • Natanui had the best 6 possession (2 effective), 0 marks 40 hitout game in history
  • THis single handedly won the game for WC
  • Leigh Mathews (and every other commentator outside WA) said Naitanui spudded it up.
  • They are all racists.

Want a tissue honey?

Lets check the possibilities:

Proposition A.
  • Natanui had a very quiet game far below his historical output
  • His minute restriction and lack of mobility when actually on the ground was a liability the West Coast could not afford with one man down on the bench. This nearly cost them the game against a team which should not have got close.
Proposition B
  • Natanui had the best 6 possession (2 effective), 0 marks 40 hitout game in history
  • THis single handedly won the game for WC
  • Leigh Mathews (and every other commentator outside WA) said Naitanui spudded it up.
  • They are all racists.
You compared him to Hawthorn's rucks (McEvoy was the main guy). McEvoy had nearly double the minutes and was less effective.

I'd say NicNat had a very successful comeback after a long layoff. Alongside Shuey, quite possibly the reason we won with our clearance domination.

You compared him to Hawthorn's rucks (McEvoy was the main guy). McEvoy had nearly double the minutes and was less effective.

I'd say NicNat had a very successful comeback after a long layoff. Alongside Shuey, quite possibly the reason we won with our clearance domination.

Of course you'd say that. You're an ignorant, blinkered West Australian hick.

Of course you'd say that. You're an ignorant, blinkered West Australian hick.
Say what? The fact that Naitanui had a better game than McEvoy withhalf the game time? Probably would've had nearly 100 hitouts if he'd been able to play the same amount of time.

Coming off a long layoff due to a knee reconstruction i'd say it's a very successful return.

Don't let your bigotry get in the way of actual facts.

Say what? The fact that Naitanui had a better game than McEvoy withhalf the game time? Probably would've had nearly 100 hitouts if he'd been able to play the same amount of time.

Coming off a long layoff due to a knee reconstruction i'd say it's a very successful return.

Don't let your bigotry get in the way of actual facts.

Don't call me a bigot, pencil dick.

Fact. Natanui had two effective possessions, no marks, no score, no score involvements. Barely did better than break even on raw numbers for hitouts.

Fact. Natanui's inclusion damn near cost the Eagles the game, making them effectively two rotations down for most of the second half as he either sat on the bench, or walked around in the forward pocket.

He's nowhere near it. You can call it a "successful return" if you like, in that he got through uninjured after an extended absence.

Fact. Natanui had two effective possessions, no marks, no score, no score involvements. Barely did better than break even on raw numbers for hitouts.

Fact. Natanui's inclusion damn near cost the Eagles the game, making them effectively two rotations down for most of the second half as he either sat on the bench, or walked around in the forward pocket.

He's nowhere near it. You can call it a "successful return" if you like, in that he got through uninjured after an extended absence.

Bigot:D

Anyone who still keeps an 80's mustache like him is definitely a closet racist
Assume you mean moustache?

Doesn’t Ablett Snr have a moustache, so he must be racist as well as a murderer.

Lethal has never killed anyone, although he did try to kill that lil red headed Handbagger campaigner Bruns, but that lil prick deserved it.

Apparently personal insults are the only thing you're capable of, other than continually displaying your total football ignorance on a public forum.

Perhaps you should try watching a replay of the game instead of browsing the stats on the AFL site. You'd make yourself much less of a fool of yourself if you did that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back