Music The Hangar Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey music making peeps. Looking to get a recording interface soon. Been looking at focusrite gear but not really sure what else is out there. Anyone know of any similar stuff I could look at for comparison?

I own the Arturia Audiofuse. Audio quality wise it’s pretty good but it might be overkill for what you need. It has a lot of extras. They’re on sale occasionally and the discount is huge.

CCC96F82-992D-4CD9-94DE-90D76B598E43.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do I need a qualification to use that?

Haha nope in fact the basic stuff is why I got it. It’s really easy to set up. Plug n play. Although most of them are pretty easy and they all do the same thing at the end of the day. This has a s**t load of USB ports which I use a lot. I have a lot of midi controllers.

Hey music making peeps. Looking to get a recording interface soon. Been looking at focusrite gear but not really sure what else is out there. Anyone know of any similar stuff I could look at for comparison?

Any audio interface these days will have really good audio quality. You would have a hard time hearing the difference between a budget one and a high end one.
So as long as it has the features you need, (amount of inputs or pre-amps, headphone out, etc..) anything should do the job.
Focusrite stuff has a pretty good reputation and would be a good option.
RME also make great interfaces, with great performance and software driver support, so they are really reliable.
I’ve been using the same RME interface for the last 15 years, and they are still supporting it with software updates.

And how good was Tom Petty? Man I wish I could've seen him and the heartbreakers.

Anyone here ever?
Gutted I never saw him. There is a really good doco on them I have on dvd that goes for over 3 hours. I think it is on Netflix. If I remember correctly they cover the Wilbury’s better than in the George Harrison doco.

Gutted I never saw him. There is a really good doco on them I have on dvd that goes for over 3 hours. I think it is on Netflix. If I remember correctly they cover the Wilbury’s better than in the George Harrison doco.
Yeah I watched that doco months before he died. Was quite weird. Also heard Breakdown on the radio the other day and was like wow I had completely forgotten how good this was.

Any audio interface these days will have really good audio quality. You would have a hard time hearing the difference between a budget one and a high end one.
So as long as it has the features you need, (amount of inputs or pre-amps, headphone out, etc..) anything should do the job.
Focusrite stuff has a pretty good reputation and would be a good option.
RME also make great interfaces, with great performance and software driver support, so they are really reliable.
I’ve been using the same RME interface for the last 15 years, and they are still supporting it with software updates.
Whoah I think RME are a little out of my price range! :oops:

There's a focusrite 2i2 studio pack bundle that you get a condenser mike and some headphones and maybe even some cables with iirc. $324. Not sure how good they are but they are better than nothing which is what I have now. Haven't seen any other brand with a bundle like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back