Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

979a713a3d25d7273a6807bcc3df6e8d.jpg

“I hate Masten.”
“Well I hate Masten more.”
“You fool, I am the best Eagles fan, I hate Masten the most.”

Nobody likes Chris Masten, are we seriously going to do this every week until the MC change their mind? Every ******* week with the circle jerk about who thinks he’s worse.

I doubt they'd be getting the midfield minutes you want them to get even with Masten and Hutchings out.
Oh I don’t expect any more possessions or time onball than Masten or Hutch get. I just want someone who can tag & win the occasional contested ball. A player learning a role, like Oscar Allen is as a tall.

The more I think about it the more I want Barrass to have another 1-2 weeks in the WAFL. Having him and Nicnat in the same side could make us vulnerable to running out of legs, although the Purples**te seem to be mitigating that by picking Lurch.
I would have left Schoey in as i think he was the ideal matchup for Walters.Tall enough,strong enough,fast enough, but most importantly;balanced enough! You have to stay on your feet around that slippery little tick.

Amen.

Future of the club. Way better value than anyone else who could replace him ( Brander possible exception) and the more games we get into him now the easier the transition after JK retires
I hope you aren't referencing OAllen as a direct replacement for JK?

Probably the strongest side we’ve fielded for a long time.

All of the players I’d consider walk up starts are in. Hutchings for Masten and either Petrucelle or Venables for Cameron if they were fit is about it for adjustments to a best 22

Other than Masten and Cameron the players most vulnerable would be Nelson, Hickey and Allen. Cole, Schofield and Waterman will all be pushing hard for a recall

Good team, that’s our best 18 right there in my opinion (I’d start Allen on the field & Cameron on the bench in terms of best 18), Allen may the only one who isn’t best 18 & that’s only because you could argue he makes us too tall. But we don’t have a smaller player available that is a better player.

From there I guess the question is do we have players available and in better form than:
Hickey
Nelson
Cameron
Masten

That piece of play when Hutchings ran down Impey in a brilliant tackle on the wing as Hawthorn were looking dangerous..

Only for Marsden to take the advantage, waddle off in slow motion with Impey running HIM down and turn the kick straight back over, was infuriating..

Then there was that contest in the last I think, when the ball bounced back into his path, and instead of bodylining the footy, he squibbed and ran past it. Turnover.

Chuck in a couple HTB frees and these are the sorts of things at crucial times which can bite us in the ass.

I'd rather Ainsworth, Brayshaw, O'neil or Ah Chee make these errors than a 30yr old 207 gamer in the last year of his contract. At least they can learn from it.

Marsden earnt his recall, but continuing play him in this form is dangerous. He's got no confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have left Schoey in as i think he was the ideal matchup for Walters.Tall enough,strong enough,fast enough, but most importantly;balanced enough! You have to stay on your feet around that slippery little tick.

I reckon Sonny will be feeling the crushing pressure of a full Nelson. Nelson has the speed to keep on him. Not sure about the smarts. We would flat out love Walters if he was in the wings, flopping and all.

Nelson has 4 inches on him. Not sure we need Schoey's 8 inch advantage :eggplant:

I dont get this call for Petrol to play wing.I dont think at this stage he has the tank.His bursts of speed and improving read of play off the packs makes him a very dangerous player up forward.Smith can run but he looks like a younger Masten.I may be wrong.Rioli is the man to play wing.He clocks Ks not far off Masten and hes the complete package.Great mark,terrific user of the ball,tough as teak and a dead eye when he drifts forward.We have Cripps,Ryan,Cameron,Petrol and Venners to fill the small forward positions.Rioli is great around goals,good in the guts and it would be a brave man who says he wouldnt be great on a wing.

That piece of play when Hutchings ran down Impey in a brilliant tackle on the wing as Hawthorn were looking dangerous..

Only for Marsden to take the advantage, waddle off in slow motion with Impey running HIM down and turn the kick straight back over, was infuriating..

Then there was that contest in the last I think, when the ball bounced back into his path, and instead of bodylining the footy, he squibbed and ran past it. Turnover.

Chuck in a couple HTB frees and these are the sorts of things at crucial times which can bite us in the ass.

I'd rather Ainsworth, Brayshaw, O'neil or Ah Chee make these errors than a 30yr old 207 gamer in the last year of his contract. At least they can learn from it.

Marsden earnt his recall, but continuing play him in this form is dangerous. He's got no confidence.
Printing this out and framing it on my wall

I reckon Sonny will be feeling the crushing pressure of a full Nelson. Nelson has the speed to keep on him. Not sure about the smarts. We would flat out love Walters if he was in the wings, flopping and all.

Nelson has 4 inches on him. Not sure we need Schoey's 8 inch advantage :eggplant:
Running back toward goal would you rather Nelson or Schoey along side Walters? You need players who can hold their feet and turn at speed .I do like Nelson, but horses for courses, i like Schoey in this one.Makes not one iota of difference now.We just need to own the middle of the ground so they cant get the fast break over the back.

Running back toward goal would you rather Nelson or Schoey along side Walters? You need players who can hold their feet and turn at speed .I do like Nelson, but horses for courses, i like Schoey in this one.Makes not one iota of difference now.We just need to own the middle of the ground so they cant get the fast break over the back.

Modern footy is what it is. Most of Freo's goals will come from turning us over in the middle or across half back and getting it in faster than we can set up.

I'm probably wrong and Nelson will take Matera or something :tearsofjoy:

Probably the strongest side we’ve fielded for a long time.
Since NicNat did his second knee last year. If we get through unscathed and Hutchings returns, that's basically full strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back