Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

That piece of play when Hutchings ran down Impey in a brilliant tackle on the wing as Hawthorn were looking dangerous..

Only for Marsden to take the advantage, waddle off in slow motion with Impey running HIM down and turn the kick straight back over, was infuriating..

Then there was that contest in the last I think, when the ball bounced back into his path, and instead of bodylining the footy, he squibbed and ran past it. Turnover.

Chuck in a couple HTB frees and these are the sorts of things at crucial times which can bite us in the ass.

I'd rather Ainsworth, Brayshaw, O'neil or Ah Chee make these errors than a 30yr old 207 gamer in the last year of his contract. At least they can learn from it.

Marsden earnt his recall, but continuing play him in this form is dangerous. He's got no confidence.

One could argue that all those years of Matt Priddis being in the side has made our gameplan very stuff-up tolerant.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that it's why we never drop our heads after rank utensil-ups lead to opposition goals.

Hutchins is best 22, Masten comes out.
Ideally you swing Rioli up the ground when he’s fully fit.
Cameron looks the goods but he’ll fade quickly in 2019 and Petch will come back in. His raw pace is differential.
Oscar Allen can’t second ruck alongside Nic and has been ineffective as a third tall. I’d prefer someone smaller, or more mobile.

Eventually Simmo will land on a fully fit best 22. Maybe just in time for September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would disagree. I think Oscar is Schofield, waterman Vardy back up upgrade all in one. He can play anywhere if we need him. So unless injured, he stays in.He can play third tall upfront if we need it. He can go back and help out backs and he can also pinch hit ruck. He is starting to become our x factor all of a sudden.

I actually just checked Freo's team this week. I've literally never heard of any of them. Who the f is 'Colyer'? Are they going to try play Lobb as KPF after a month out? Has he ever played KPF? Does he know we have Barass?

So many questions. So, so many questions.

I actually just checked Freo's team this week. I've literally never heard of any of them. Who the f is 'Colyer'? Are they going to try play Lobb as KPF after a month out? Has he ever played KPF? Does he know we have Barass?

Theyre just Fremantle things - its what they do. Don't try to understand, you'll just hurt yourself.

Theyre just Fremantle things - its what they do. Don't try to understand, you'll just hurt yourself.
They seem hot and cold with Darcy. One week he's a "generational ruckmen", the next week he's being dropped for a huge flight risk in Sandi.

Obviously not obsessed!

I would disagree. I think Oscar is Schofield, waterman Vardy back up upgrade all in one. He can play anywhere if we need him. So unless injured, he stays in.He can play third tall upfront if we need it. He can go back and help out backs and he can also pinch hit ruck. He is starting to become our x factor all of a sudden.
I very much agree with this.
You only put this much faith in an 19 year old if he has the makings of something special, has a great understanding of the game and can pull out the extraordinary.

Sorry too intrude but Colyer is Actually playing game number 96 tomorrow , Thankfully most of them for Essendon . And Barrass has been out for a bit as well .Injuries too Key forwards have forced their hand.So not surprised that Lobb is playing forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind when he turns it over or gives off hospital handpasses.
He has his limitations and I have pretty much have low expectations of him.

Everyone can't play like Beau Watters or Woosha.
But when it's your turn to go, you must go.

He ran past the Hawthorn player and the ball because he didn't want to
engage in any body contact. This cost us a goal.
In my view, it was unforgivable.

And then you have OA going back with the flight of the ball to take a mark.

It was no coincidence IMO, that he was on the bench for the last 5 minutes when it was tough and hard.

I'm not a constant Masten bagger, only call it as I see it.
6'3 is easier to run back into a pack than a 5'3

I have this really amazing fantasy where people can post trades on the trades thread without some campaigner bitching and moaning about it every 5 minutes.
Yeah i hate it when i suggest trade O.Allen for Kelly and some poster gets upset.

Yeah i hate it when i suggest trade O.Allen for Kelly and some poster gets upset.
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back