Review Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone notice Andrews pulling Adams into the circle instead of being in the middle. Knowing Adams is very introverted he would’ve found being in the middle quite difficult. Very nice gesture from Harris.

Dlanod currently microwaving his GWS membership.
I'd have rathered a close win where both teams played well but finals, here we come!

I went over the GWS Board (on the way to the Port Board) to see the reactions to the game ... at the time I went there there were 46 posts for the combined game day and review thread on the GWS Board (Ports Changes vs Brisbane Thread was at 91) ... is traffic on the Giants Boards always that low or ...?

Agree with Luther magnificent recruiting , McCarthy was a star today , his best game , how the cats missed this is mind bending

Rich and hodge were huge , Andrews is AA by a street. And Answerth well that boy can play
To be fair the Cats knew he was a talent, he just couldn't get his body right - until he came north!!

I went over the GWS Board (on the way to the Port Board) to see the reactions to the game ... at the time I went there there were 46 posts for the combined game day and review thread on the GWS Board (Ports Changes vs Brisbane Thread was at 91) ... is traffic on the Giants Boards always that low or ...?
There's about a dozen regular posters (myself included), and almost all of us attend the games so don't post much/at all during home games.

Agree with Luther magnificent recruiting , McCarthy was a star today , his best game , how the cats missed this is mind bending

Yea nah

They knew he was a special talent who just couldn't get his body right. He got an offer from us , asked for a trade and they let him go mainly because of the depth of talent on their list.

Fair play to the Cats. They are usually pretty good at the trade table

EDIT: whitelinefeva beat me to it

Nunez

You got tickets to the port game next week? If not I think we'll have to crowdfund you some

Unfortunately I'll be playing in Melbourne, but we can fund my sister to come to Melbourne with me. As blynd_freddie knows, all we need is a TGI Fridays and we'll win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to bring that pressure again next week. Port are a very similar team to the Giants and can kick a score very quickly if you are slightly off around the ball.

YUUUGE game. Absolutely. I really struggled with votes earlier because I couldn't limit myself to just 5, and even when I took the opposite way of eliminating players I couldn't even string 5 names together that did not put themselves on the line for this game. Textbook team victory, not relying on a purple patch from a couple of players in a burst to put the distance on the opposition.

Eric has just gone waaaaay up in my books. I have liked the guy since signing him and have had respect for what he was trying to do with his frame, but for him to get injured early in the 1st, and then play out the game the way he did was just a massive talking point. All I could think of was Mitch's podcast where he said when he puts on the jumper he will die for the team. He looked like he was severely limited with his movement, and yet he still managed to take a solid contested mark, and kick the goal, as well as all the rest of it. Big respect to that guy.

I do hope that is a sign that he can play on next week. But if not, we actually have some options. We've most likely got big O coming back in who can swing forward. We've got Walker. We could even push Rich up on the wing with Adams down back and let him loose from 50 out. The possibilities with a little squirt of depth...

Ohhh boy. I need to go watch that game again.

As satisfying a win as I can remember. Loved the balance we had in the 22 today. Always one who splits opinions but think Ryan Lester has been brilliant since coming into the backline. Also think Zorko should be a lock for All Australian and should be a chance to captain the side too, it's time the football world started to recognise that he is possibly the best two way midfielder in the game. His pressure and work rate sets the tone for the whole side in a way few others in the league do.

Very impressed with answerth, reads the play so well. Rich continues to get the job done each week. Hopefully hipwood's knee isn't to bad.
Noah is such a reliable player and plays beyond his years. He backs himself and generally makes the right decisions. Not even Jeremy Cameron could beat him in one on one contests. Not bad for a pick in the 40's.

Was Bundy playing a negating role up forward early on? Looked like we put some time into Wilson. Maybe I was imagining things.

Williams? He played up the ground a fair bit in the second half.

Lol I love Fagan trying to hold it together during the presser when internally he is like...

View attachment 705332

You can see the cracks opening when he talks about Hippy, Zorko getting that cramp and about McCarthy. Its funny to see how he can go from the affable 'father-like' figure nurturing their growth, breing really great on the cameras with his insights (and never negative) , and then absolutely roasting them in the huddles.

And yeh for McCarthy to have that game this week. He's a ripper.

Back