MVP Votes R16 vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Go to top 6-7 in disposals then go to BOG listing . I'm not the one spouting rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So you value cheap disposals chipping the ball around killing game time over winning critical 50/50 situations. Now that is rubbish.

So SPP, Wines and Amon miss dispute being in top 6-7 disposals . Clury Ebert and Westie in

Proven nonsense

So you value cheap disposals chipping the ball around killing game time over winning critical 50/50 situations. Now that is rubbish.

I don't value them at all but there no direct correlation between disposals and listed BOG

This week 5 games complete , 10 bests for teams . Only 3 players of 10 had most possessions .

The killing time cheapie I get a laugh from in particular Rocky pigging this time . That not saying he doesn't get hard earned but he likes cream on cake

So SPP, Wines and Amon miss dispute being in top 6-7 disposals . Clury Ebert and Westie in

Proven nonsense
I don't value them at all but there no direct correlation between disposals and listed BOG

This week 5 games complete , 10 bests for teams . Only 3 players of 10 had most possessions .

The killing time cheapie I get a laugh from in particular Rocky pigging this time . That not saying he doesn't get hard earned but he likes cream on cake
SPP and Amon got 24, Westhoff 23, ergo you think my argument is that they list the top 7 disposals winners in the top 7 players and because Hoff got 1 less than the other 2 then they don't list based on stats. That's not what I'm arguing.

My comment was mainly about Lycett. How anyone couldn't put him in the best 7 players like the AFL website did and as Grave Danger asked, is beyond him and me, and I think will be beyond the coaches when their votes come out tomorrow.

I only read and notice the AFL website's best players for Port games, as I like to read the Timeline / Match Feed stuff, then read the rest of the page, and they regularly stick in players who look good on the stats sheet but haven't been in our best 6 or 7 players.

I should have added to kicks and handballs, goals, because if Port players kick a few goals, then they usually get into the AFL website BP's as well.

Yes they did a good job to recognise Clurey's game. But that might have been on the back of the job he did on Hawkins and woke up to how well he plays. The Geelong game is the first time the AFL website writers this year have put him in our best 6 players, which is proof they have ignored him for his efforts in several games where he was in our best 6, including when he destroyed Ben Brown and the coaches gave him votes.

And yes it looks like to me they have rewarded Rockliff and Bonner for cheapie time wasting uncontested stats.

These reports are written up within 5 minutes of the game ending and I reckon they value quantitative stats over qualitative stats.

So whilst the top 7 players in their list doesn't equal top 7 players on the total disposals list, they seem to very closely align them, when they have to quickly put out a story within 5 minutes of the game ending and dont have time to reflect on the critical parts of the game, and value them higher than cheap disposals.

After half time, Walker kicked that great goal within 15 seconds and then from the centre bounce takes a mark 45m straight up and he usually nails them but missed. The crows had all the momentum. Lycett a minute later kicks that goal, getting around O'Brien and changes the game. That alone should be worth 10 cheap kicks. But he did a lot more than that.

So whilst I admit I some what flippantly said they just look at disposals, I stand by argument that they give a higher bias to simple quantitative stats like kicks, handballs and goals, over qualitative stats.

SPP and Amon got 24, Westhoff 23, ergo you think my argument is that they list the top 7 disposals winners in the top 7 players and because Hoff got 1 less than the other 2 then they don't list based on stats. That's not what I'm arguing.

My comment was mainly about Lycett. How anyone couldn't put him in the best 7 players like the AFL website did and as Grave Danger asked, is beyond him and me, and I think will be beyond the coaches when their votes come out tomorrow.

I only read and notice the AFL website's best players for Port games, as I like to read the Timeline / Match Feed stuff, then read the rest of the page, and they regularly stick in players who look good on the stats sheet but haven't been in our best 6 or 7 players.

I should have added to kicks and handballs, goals, because if Port players kick a few goals, then they usually get into the AFL website BP's as well.

Yes they did a good job to recognise Clurey's game. But that might have been on the back of the job he did on Hawkins and woke up to how well he plays. The Geelong game is the first time the AFL website writers this year have put him in our best 6 players, which is proof they have ignored him for his efforts in several games where he was in our best 6, including when he destroyed Ben Brown and the coaches gave him votes.

And yes it looks like to me they have rewarded Rockliff and Bonner for cheapie time wasting uncontested stats.

These reports are written up within 5 minutes of the game ending and I reckon they value quantitative stats over qualitative stats.

So whilst the top 7 players in their list doesn't equal top 7 players on the total disposals list, they seem to very closely align them, when they have to quickly put out a story within 5 minutes of the game ending and dont have time to reflect on the critical parts of the game, and value them higher than cheap disposals.

After half time, Walker kicked that great goal within 15 seconds and then from the centre bounce takes a mark 45m straight up and he usually nails them but missed. The crows had all the momentum. Lycett a minute later kicks that goal, getting around O'Brien and changes the game. That alone should be worth 10 cheap kicks. But he did a lot more than that.

So whilst I admit I some what flippantly said they just look at disposals, I stand by argument that they give a higher bias to simple quantitative stats like kicks, handballs and goals, over qualitative stats.

I'm guessing that BOG can be drafted during last 1/4 and adjusted game end as necessary .

It's also not a direct from fantasy points .

Coaches votes I believe are most accurate measure and they know more about footy than anyone this forum you'd think

Showdown medal votes

Lycett failed to gain a single vote whilst 7 others did .

Who voted on this last nite

Am I missing something or are you two debating to prove the same point? :D :D

Your missing something

I don't think Lycett should have been listed in best

To date

AFL Match day and Showdown medal votes supports a total of 10 Port players listed between them nothing Lycett

Didn't glean a vote in Showdown Medal votes , 7 did .

That in itself is truly bizarre, Lycett was immense, clearly in our top two most dominant, important players.
Do you know who votes on the medal, is it just media clowns..
The coaches votes will be very telling.

Your missing something

I don't think Lycett should have been listed in best

To date

AFL Match day and Showdown medal votes supports a total of 10 Port players listed between them nothing Lycett

Oh. In that case I vote for REH. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That in itself is truly bizarre, Lycett was immense, clearly in our top two most dominant, important players.
Do you know who votes on the medal, is it just media clowns..
The coaches votes will be very telling.

By the looks of it it would be bizarre if he was included . 10 different Port players named across AFL best and Showdown Medal .

Lycett nothing .

Must be someone who knows who votes on Showdown Medal ?

WA Darcy Medal votes and who voted are published 1 x Journo , 2 x ex players

5 - R Gray
4 - Lycett
3 - Westhoff
2 - DBJ
1 - Amon

The AFL should just adopt the same approach as every junior footy coach when it comes to BOGs in a good win: "all played well"

Interesting in Campbell Brown's team of the week he has Riley Obrien as first ruck and Lycett wasn't even inthe team. i must've been watching another game because if Lycett wasn't the second best player on the ground and also the most courageous to come back on after an injury i'll go he.

Interesting in Campbell Brown's team of the week he has Riley Obrien as first ruck and Lycett wasn't even inthe team. i must've been watching another game because if Lycett wasn't the second best player on the ground and also the most courageous to come back on after an injury i'll go he.

Go he then

AFL live
Coaches
Showdown Medal

Unless all theses coaches , footy media , ex players are wrong he wasn't .

And injury it looked like a cork

Go he then

AFL live
Coaches
Showdown Medal

Unless all theses coaches , footy media , ex players are wrong he wasn't .

And injury it looked like a cork

Shut the * up about Lycett you bellend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back