Gabrielle Seymour

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty fair effort from Gabby Seymour

First game against NT Thunder in round 6.
Named Best on Ground in a good win in NT after been thrown in the ruck.
Named in the VFLW R6 team of the week.

Second game against Casey R8 and at 175cm rucked against Windbanks (180cm) and Zanker (183cm) and had the most hitouts.

Third game against Dogs R9 Gave away 11cm to Moody who is an AFLW player and beat her. Again named in our best and again made the VFLW team of the week.

So that's 3 games.
1 x BOG,
1 x best players
2 x VFLW team of the week

This from a player who until recently had volleyball as her chosen sport.

Think our AFLW decision makers have some work to do.

At this rate Gabby will be playing AFLW next season with us or without us.

Something special whenever a Richmond supporter plays for the yellow and black so I am hoping she gets in our AFLW team.

Last edited:
Pretty fair effort from Gabby Seymour

First game against NT Thunder in round 6.
Named Best on Ground in a good win in NT after been thrown in the ruck.
Named in the VFLW R6 team of the week.

Second game against Casey R8 and at 175cm rucked against Windbanks (180cm) and Zanker (183cm) and had the most hitouts.

Third game against Dogs R9 Gave away 11cm to Moody who is an AFLW player and beat her. Again named in our best and again made the VFLW team of the week.

So that's 3 games.
1 x BOG,
1 x best players
2 x VFLW team of the week

This from a player who until recently had volleyball as her chosen sport.

Think our AFLW decision makers have some work to do.

At this rate Gabby will be playing AFLW next season with us or without us.

Something special whenever a Richmond supporter plays for the yellow and black so I am hoping she gets in our AFLW team.

Yes agree with all the above
First year playing footy full time, can play anywhere, could be anything
Have to be a strong chance to be upgraded, would be crazy to let her be drafted by another team
Yep some hard decisions to be made in regards the remaining 4 spots up for grabs from our VFLW side to our AFLW list
Throw in Grace Campbell and Rebbeca Miller who also have been prominent in our best players so far

Another great game against Melb Uni.

Impressed that she can do this when the team is swimming against a strong tide.

Clearly a fierce competitor.
We got thumped on Sunday and I think it was right what I read in another post we looked like we were ready for dry weather footy but one thing I saw was how the team kept trying. The score wasn’t a reflection of lack of effort, though you could see both teams were pretty tired at stages. There was one moment in the last after Seymour had taken a great contested Mark and had been pushing to contests, she was awarded a free but was so knackered she kicked it into the hands of the girl on the mark but then forced herself up into the contest to try and win it back.
She mighta been a bit embarrased but it was pretty impressive to see her making herself run when she’s outta petrol tickets.

Congratulations Gabby. You are now an AFLW player for the mighty Richmond Football Club.

You deserve every second of it.

I tipped you would be playing AFLW with us or without us and many Tigers will be absolutely stoked that it will be with us.

Eat ‘em alive.

Congratulations Gabby. You are now an AFLW player for the mighty Richmond Football Club.

You deserve every second of it.

I tipped you would be playing AFLW with us or without us and many Tigers will be absolutely stoked that it will be with us.

Eat ‘em alive.

Too right
TigermanM2, there was no way we where letting any other team get a whiff of this incredible athlete

Gold isn’t it , I love the excitement the girls have for being a part of the team , is unique

Absolutely. Just genuine excitement. Even when they sing the song after a win the girls are just tickled pink to be involved. This is one of the things I like about women's footy and probably why I'm so invested. I can relate. It's how we would be if it was us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back