Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree re LOB. I think he’s pretty fast

Can’t remember where I saw the stats exactly (Telstra tracker perhaps)

Top speed was around 34-35kmh

Pretty fast
Not sold on LOBs pace
Early in the year he clocked 34km/h, but only featured in the top 5 (basically need to go 31-32km/h+ to be top 5) 3 times, from memory 35km/h was quickest in the afl so at one point in time, early on he wasn’t far off, but never displayed it consistently

Remember reading some article suggesting McGovern was our quickest but wasn’t convinced lol

Ellis camp started demanding more money late in the piece (after it became apparent that we wouldn't get cogs), that's why we dropped interest. There is a chance that we will take another look now but SOS isn't happy that what was basically a hand shake deal tried to get changed at the last minute due to the perception we had more money to spend. Really a matter of finding out how much Ellis had to do with that and how much was his management team.

Things are looking good re papley in that it looks increasing more likely Essendon will be willing to deal with Swans for Daniher. That being said I can't see that deal being done early so the pressure will be on SOS to get other deals done, while still keeping enough assets for Papley.

Do you reckon pick 8 gets Papley over the line?

Any update on the clubs we're most likely to deal with during the trade period?

Ellis camp started demanding more money late in the piece (after it became apparent that we wouldn't get cogs), that's why we dropped interest. There is a chance that we will take another look now but SOS isn't happy that what was basically a hand shake deal tried to get changed at the last minute due to the perception we had more money to spend. Really a matter of finding out how much Ellis had to do with that and how much was his management team.

Things are looking good re papley in that it looks increasing more likely Essendon will be willing to deal with Swans for Daniher. That being said I can't see that deal being done early so the pressure will be on SOS to get other deals done, while still keeping enough assets for Papley.
This is gold, Jerry, gold!

Thanks TCP.

Do you reckon pick 8 gets Papley over the line?

Any update on the clubs we're most likely to deal with during the trade period?

The individual tells us something he/she knows and then we ask them for something they don't know. :)

If #8 can't get Papley over the line, The Swans have indeed dug their heels in.....and I understand why they would.

Our academy includes all of these suburbs

3067, 3078, 3081, 3097, 3753, 3088, 3083, 3054, 3775, 3068, 3066, 3099, 3089, 3757, 3095, 3076, 3078, 3065, 3068, 3088, 3084, 3081, 3757, 3099, 3079, 3097, 3763, 3778, 3083, 3075, 3093, 3085, 3754, 3082, 3094, 3113, 3070, 3099, 3759, 3090, 3072, 3095, 3073, 3084, 3760, 3752, 3761, 3088, 3099, 3074, 3071, 3084, 3087, 3096, 3750, 3755, 3085, 3755, 3091.

Its a very large pool, with lots of growth areas and a wide range of nationalities. I just hope its around long enough for us to see some benefit.
Can't be stuffed looking up all those post codes, I just hope some of those areas are football invested, instead of other codes. Otherwise we've been stitched up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tomlinson won't happen, not a need

Need, need and then more need.

That's where we're at....Needs. :)

8 wouldn't be enough

Oh, for those good old days when we were talking about getting him cheap. :)

More than #8 is heavy duty. That's some serious black-belt numbers, but what's at the other end of that #8 this year? That's what counts.

Rumour has it that part of the big sell to prospective players is a $70+million redevelopment of the facilities at IKON park.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is this legit? If so, please sir, may I have some more information?

Not too sure where $70M+ is coming form but ...

More like $35M

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope Silvagni doesn’t look in the rear vision mirror re Ellis.
Latest reports would confirm suspicions/doubts on the bloke ... Pass.

Big pass from this distance.
Just can't see the appeal in Ellis at all and running all day doesn't make up for it.

I can though understand us looking at Ellis before Tomlinson......but SOS did like Tomlinson, didn't he?

Big pass from this distance.
Just can't see the appeal in Ellis at all and running all day doesn't make up for it.

I can though understand us looking at Ellis before Tomlinson......but SOS did like Tomlinson, didn't he?
May cost too much & other needs ?

Not sold on LOBs pace
Early in the year he clocked 34km/h, but only featured in the top 5 (basically need to go 31-32km/h+ to be top 5) 3 times, from memory 35km/h was quickest in the afl so at one point in time, early on he wasn’t far off, but never displayed it consistently

Remember reading some article suggesting McGovern was our quickest but wasn’t convinced lol
Fair enough. I must be watching LOB through different glasses

McLovin has a burst of speed on him. Couple of run down tackles that resulted in turnovers

I suspect another preseason under Jack will have them in tip top nick 👌🏻

Cheers for the info as well Fitty 👍🏻

Cheers legend.

Ellis is a genuine spud, Do not want even if we get him cheap.

As much as I want Papley, Sydney can GAGF if they want more than pick 8 and steak knives. It's a very fair deal. They gave away Tom Mitchell for pick 14 ffs.

If they want Daniher then they are in a tricky spot because they won't want to give up their Pick 4 and/or next year's first. Good luck dealing with Dodoro for 3 weeks, that guy will want a king's ransome.

Not too sure where $70M+ is coming form but ...

More like $35M

Yes, $35m from Federal and State Govts, but the Club has been pretty open it will be seeking circa $15m. That number is not locked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back