Bluemour Melting Pot XXI - Like seriously, the polar ice caps have got nothing on us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
god i hope martin collects 30 kicks 3 and has 10 score involvements when we play gc next

Why is Martin only being involved in 20% of our scoring? :p

And yes, I am aware that our history against Gold Coast is..... Less than stellar...

I'm not sold on Kelly being the absolute superstar people say he is. I'm yet to see him do it in a big game or stand up in the big moment.

I did rate him that way 12-24 months ago, but not anymore. I haven't seen him so it when it matters.

Maybe offer Fremantle the three 1st round draft picks for Nat Fye. He would be around 29/30 years old I think but we could win a premiership if he joined Cripps in the middle.

No it's completely within the realms of possibility that before the PSD rolls around the AFL clarifies the rules and "no player may nominate their contract terms" or "all contracts must be for minimum 2 years" or some other reasonable-sounding rule that totally ruins our plan.

I'll celebrate when Martin is a Carlton player, not before.

My understanding is that it's a two-year contract minimum for the PSD if you nominate your price and that it always has been.

Under the AFL rules for the preseason draft, rule 7.4 says '...The provisions of Rule 6.3(b) will apply to any Player wishing to so nominate to any Club which selects him at a Pre-Season Draft Selection Meeting.'. Rule 6.3(b) says, among other things, that 'If a Player nominates his Football Payments he must do so for a minimum period of two years.'

You can see the form people use to nominate here if interested: https://nabafldraftnom.com.au/images/form/booklet_mens.pdf. It specifies the minimum two-year thing in multiple places.

I tell you what, SOS can thank his lucky ******* stars with this PSD stuff!

There's absolutely no way SOS considered Martin didn't want to play again for Gold Coast and that Martin would be willing to tell Melbourne he wasn't interested in playing for them....

It's not like SOS would have been in regular contact with Martin and his manager over the last week....

:cool:

This line is just in case anyone didn't realise I was being sarcastic.

I don't know, is Papley even really that good? I mean 53 year old Eddie kicked the exact same amount of goals from 1 less game than Papley I believe. ;)

Your mistake... Everyone knows you can't count the goals kicked against Gold Coast :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Martin for free would somewhat ease the pain of missing on Papley. I've maintained the whole way through that Martin has more upside for mine and I was and am still very excited to see him in navy.
Now do we have the nerve to pick Harley Bennel on a one year deal to ease the pain even further? there is a risk I'd be willing to have a go at! From all reports a Sydney Stack style turnaround is happening with him.

[QUOTE="blueblooded, post: 63394682, member:]
Now do we have the nerve to pick Harley Bennel on a one year deal to ease the pain even further? there is a risk I'd be willing to have a go at! From all reports a Sydney Stack style turnaround is happening with him.
[/QUOTE]

If we get Bennell we would then have him, Doc, and Williamson who will have played 4 games in 3 years between them.

In the context of this makey-uppy AFL administration, I'm not going to entertain the thought of Martin joining for 'free' until it happens.

Stand by for word from Gil and co that the PSD has been formally scrapped for this year (and, most likely, only this year), or otherwise to level charges of draft tampering or whatnot at how this is handled from here (in regard to snubbing Melbourne, for example). Nothing is beyond the AFL here - they have optics and narrative to manage.

View attachment 766663

1571289486298-png.766663

Enjoy these Gold Coast :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

95de3747a445e5122cb1fd98f92238ca.jpg

In the context of this makey-uppy AFL administration, I'm not going to entertain the thought of Martin joining for 'free' until it happens.

Stand by for word from Gil and co that the PSD has been formally scrapped for this year (and, most likely, only this year), or otherwise to level charges of draft tampering or whatnot at how this is handled from here (in regard to snubbing Melbourne, for example). Nothing is beyond the AFL here - they have optics and narrative to manage.
Totally agree won’t be counting my chickens until it happens. AFL has no integrity and has shafted us already this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back