Official Match Thread Season 28 R13 West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

You jest but here’s my problem with Bono:

a) he’s just a bit preachy. Peace. Children. Global warming. Military conflict etc. Fine and all, but on what authority? Since when has it been a great idea to take advice from Northern Ireland on any of these matters?
b) his songs
c) is he even really Irish? I mean really? I have it in the back of my mind that the flog grew up in Boston (I may have imagined this but never mind, it’s a good enough reason for random resentment)
d) I read a story once that he had a pair of jeans stolen once that cost $8,000. Boo freaking Hoo (also might have imagined this, but see point c)
e) his songs
f) In the 1980’s he still hadn’t found what he was looking for. It’s 2019 FFS. Would it hurt him to provide a status update? One of my neighbours put signs everywhere that the had lost their rag doll cat. I see the signs, and assume the issue is current and urgent. Following night I see a cat of the approximate dimensions in my yard. I spent like 3 hours coaxing the bastard with bacon and similar until I can grab it and stuff it in a cat box. I still have scars. So I call up the “owners” and they tell me that their cat came back a week ago and they hadn’t taken the signs down, and got shitty about being woken up. The imprisoned cat swiped me again on the way out.

Bono - if you have found what you’re looking for, maybe let us know yeah? If not then give it up as a lost cause.
I hate Bono preaching as much as anyone, but their early to mid music, is so ******* good. I boo him at concerts when he preaches, but when he actually decides to play, WOW.

Every song from 'The Joshua Tree' is gold. perfection is what I call that album.

a) he’s just a bit preachy. Peace. Children. Global warming. Military conflict etc. Fine and all, but on what authority? Since when has it been a great idea to take advice from Northern Ireland on any of these matters?
b) his songs
c) is he even really Irish? I mean really? I have it in the back of my mind that the flog grew up in Boston (I may have imagined this but never mind, it’s a good enough reason for random resentment)
d) I read a story once that he had a pair of jeans stolen once that cost $8,000. Boo freaking Hoo (also might have imagined this, but see point c)
e) his songs
f) In the 1980’s he still hadn’t found what he was looking for. It’s 2019 FFS. Would it hurt him to provide a status update? One of my neighbours put signs everywhere that the had lost their rag doll cat. I see the signs, and assume the issue is current and urgent. Following night I see a cat of the approximate dimensions in my yard. I spent like 3 hours coaxing the bastard with bacon and similar until I can grab it and stuff it in a cat box. I still have scars. So I call up the “owners” and they tell me that their cat came back a week ago and they hadn’t taken the signs down, and got shitty about being woken up. The imprisoned cat swiped me again on the way out.

Bono - if you have found what you’re looking for, maybe let us know yeah? If not then give it up as a lost cause.
Actually e) hurts to see you say that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yowzers This may not be the best time to post what I am listening to and watching in the NH today.

Sorry I could not find a version of the following with sub-titles. The title translates as To Ashes To Dust. Those who have watched Babylon Berlin will recognise it instantly. Those without German will still pick up the immanentist themes, this time set in 1929 Berlin.

b) his songs
e) his songs

POTW sorted.

1571817010125.gif

I hate Bono preaching as much as anyone, but their early to mid music, is so ******* good. I boo him at concerts when he preaches, but when he actually decides to play, WOW.

Every song from 'The Joshua Tree' is gold. perfection is what I call that album.

All I Want Is You is brilliant

That’s it

The rest is s**t, putrid, bland tripe

There I said it

All I Want Is You is brilliant

That’s it

The rest is s**t, putrid, bland tripe

There I said it
Well said.

I fully endorse this thread to be devoted to a full, critical exegesis of the works of both Bono and U2 more broadly:thumbsu:

Well said.

I fully endorse this thread to be devoted to a full, critical exegesis of the works of both Bono and U2 more broadly:thumbsu:
Can someone who has got any reasonable taste in music come and help me?

Proper Gander can we change the subject. :p

Yeah mate, hows tricks sister?

They biting?
They did last weekend. Bagged out on Flathead within an hour and a half, was just like an encounter with the Furies ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mixed feelings about that song.

My Ex Wife walked down the aisle to it.
That is a truly cryptic comment. I mean did she walk down the aisle to that song with:
a) you
b) some other flog
c) on her own, and the aisle reference was a red herring, because the event actually had nothing to do with the ceremony of wedlock
d) none of the above, because the events were in a different or even parallel universe that is impossible to comprehend through Bigfooty posts?

Sure. Here’s my suggestions:

1. Nik Kershaw - genius misunderstood by literally everybody, or just run of the mill dreadful?
2. Sting - actually quite tall, so why do his earlier works sound a bit like a malnourished rat?
3. How come Guy Sebastian rates quite well against actual AFL players in the kick across the Yarra contest?
4. Why Phil Collins?
5. Why are we here?

Sure. Here’s my suggestions:

1. Nik Kershaw - genius misunderstood by literally everybody, or just run of the mill dreadful?
2. Sting - actually quite tall, so why do his earlier works sound a bit like a malnourished rat?
3. How come Guy Sebastian rates quite well against actual AFL players in the kick across the Yarra contest?
4. Why Phil Collins?
5. Why are we here?
6. Duct tape - yes or no?

That is a truly cryptic comment. I mean did she walk down the aisle to that song with:
a) you
b) some other flog
c) on her own, and the aisle reference was a red herring, because the event actually had nothing to do with the ceremony of wedlock
d) none of the above, because the events were in a different or even parallel universe that is impossible to comprehend through Bigfooty posts?
Sadly a) although I wish it was b)

Team sheet can be changed prior to deadline come on mate !

No silly banter excuses, ruck rankings dont matter either you won't win it.

Team sheet can be changed prior to deadline come on mate !

No silly banter excuses, ruck rankings dont matter either you won't win it.
LOL little faith in me. I am right in it when it comes to 'The Edge'

Sounds like you need to take the Ruck this week, since Proper Gander doesn't want it.

LOL little faith in me. I am right in it when it comes to 'The Edge'

Sounds like you need to take the Ruck this week, since Proper Gander doesn't want it.
Please mate, it's a good thread and you have done a great job with the ruck comp thread.
But it's time to let your spot on the ladder go and put the team 1st.
The Wonders put Sab FF made some small tweaks and hats off to you for it as it's paid off.
Maybe this is the time for you too make this change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back