Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else feel that Martin will improve because he will have Betts as a mentor? Wasn't that one of the reasons Martin wanted to come to the Baggers?

If Betts can take him under his wing and be a role model for him, who knows what can happen! Look at how Charlie Cameron turned out with Betts guidance.
Betts might help but ultimately it will come down to the club culture/atmosphere to motivate not only Martin but the collective to strive for success. I believe our club is doing a good job of this. Players appear to be very united, determined and getting along well. Not forgetting Cripps as leader which would be huge factor. These are all good signs for future success.

Betts might help but ultimately it will come down to the club culture/atmosphere to motivate not only Martin but the collective to strive for success. I believe our club is doing a good job of this. Players appear to be very united, determined and getting along well. Not forgetting Cripps as leader which would be huge factor. These are all good signs for future success.
Agree with you, it takes a complex multidimensional pattern of changes like all special things in life, there never ever simple.
Jack Martin is an elite footballer , a desirable asset to any team, and A great opportunity for CFC at the right time in our trajectory upwards.

Does anyone else feel that Martin will improve because he will have Betts as a mentor? Wasn't that one of the reasons Martin wanted to come to the Baggers?

If Betts can take him under his wing and be a role model for him, who knows what can happen! Look at how Charlie Cameron turned out with Betts guidance.
Yep, plus I believe, He will believe in this group of players and a sense of destiny.
At Gold Coast harder to believe in any destiny when so many players were going that were there when he first arrived. Now he has something to believe in, I think that can be a strong driver in prime years of his career. Whether he goes that extra level, will have to wait and see.

Have heard that sos is still genuinely undecided and may stay yet.

Source is a current CFC employee, high up.

And so he should....I’m not suggesting we go back to the ‘boys club’ days but we need good Carlton people who genuinely have the best interest of the club at heart...I believe SOS to be one of those people....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I stupidly fed a tiger troll on the main board and had a very uncharacteristic meltdown.

Is it just me or have Tigers supporters (certain ones, in particular) been excessively insufferable over the last two years?

Their arrogance is reaching Hawthorn levels of 2013-2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st Rule of FigBooty. Do not engage with a poster who supports the reigning Premier.

10 years and still learning Ferris :D

Being Richmond, don't say anything negative about their captain. Very sensitive about this topic.

Have heard that sos is still genuinely undecided and may stay yet.

Source is a current CFC employee, high up.

Good news this.
Would be great for SOS to see the job right through to the end.

Being Richmond, don't say anything negative about their captain. Very sensitive about this topic.
Is that because he is still missing?

Looks like a pretty good strategy by the Blues to secure him - we have $$ in the bank now, so why not front load, so we can negotiate contracts with our champs in a few years time with space in the cap. Good list management to get him on board.

The other point being is that the contract is front loaded for 2 years, not one....Cochroach could pull a swifty if it was only front loaded by 1 year by shuffling some other contracts around, but not 2 years. If they select Rowell and Anderson in the draft, they be looking to secure them at the end of 2020 on longer terms deals...same with Lukosius....and if they are serious about making Max King a godfather offer to lure him over, I don't think they'd even be silly enough to tie up their salary cap for 2 years by 'making a stand' on Martin.

Seems to be some pretty good strategic thinking by our club.

I agree.

I think Martin brings a lot to the table as is (inside-outside skills, beautiful kicking, strong tackling, marking option etc). I think he is an excellent fit for our side and will improve us.

I'm just not too keen on the 'if he can finally reach the potential he showed as a junior' talk.

Me either. I think people are getting caught up in trying to ‘win’ trades or get one over on GC...we should be happy if we get value for money.

Agree with you BH, it would be absurd, counterproductive and lacking of professional diligence for GCS to redraft a disgruntled former player at a huge cost for a 5 year term.
Jack's wishes must be taken into consideration, he decided to walk out a very long time ago, and refused to sign a fresh contract.
AFLPA would be infuriated too if Gill the Dil did not intercede and slap Cochran on wrist with a cease and desist whisper.
Matter will be resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back