Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting we, on here think $600k a year for Ellis is far too much. But happy to pay the same amount for Martin who is literally still all potential.

Martin has way more talent than Ellis.

And he seriously wants to play for Carlton - Ellis just seriously wants a big pay cheque.

Martin for free at front ended $600K per year is value - just need Teague, Russell and Eddie to work their magic.

Ellis is the Tiger equivalent of Blair from Pies - right place, right time.

Personally, I think Ellis gets a raw deal here by many. Maybe it's the 'Richmonditis' that he's infected with.
Having said that, his stats are decent in what has been the best side of the last 3 seasons. I wouldn't think there is scope for improvement.

Martin on the other hand placed in an environment that will foster his ability and desire could be bloody anything.

How good is it to actually have an environment like this at Carlton, after being the pits for so many years..

Ellis is very “outside” (needs the ball given to him - would have barely got a touch at GCS). Also I’ve got too many mates infected by “Tiger Virus” = unbearable.

Martin just needs some “Teague/Russell Fairy Dust” and he’ll be a star (I hope!!!).

Probably need to consider the system both players have operated in - reckon Ellis has been delivering the ball to experienced teammates in good position more so than Martin.

Thinking the same.

Ellis on a fast break kicking to Dusty Martin/Reiwoldt/Lynch.

Martin kicking to Bill & Ben the flower pot men.............

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+

Not read such threads. anything with stupid title and clear tosser name listed as started with, do not even bother with.

I don’t usually either - but the Socrates clown was spouting so much crap (then reminding us that it was in Bay 13) that I couldn’t help myself.

I suggested that he was spouting so much crap I’d assumed he was in hospital next to Jack Higgins - brain injury ward.

Very quiet after that.

Tigger fans are very sensitive about their golden child.

I don’t usually either - but the Socrates clown was spouting so much crap (then reminding us that it was in Bay 13) that I couldn’t help myself.

I suggested that he was spouting so much crap I’d assumed he was in hospital next to Jack Higgins - brain injury ward.

Very quiet after that.

Tigger fans are very sensitive about their golden child.
Socrates character just sounds like very needy person. If you making up so many threads on forum with really stupid subject titles it seems very attention seeking in really juvenile type way. He could be anywhere to just a 15 year old to very immature person in general with possible mental issues too. Hard to know, just best do not bother with such threads which is what I concluded many months back.

I did come across him earlier in threads he did not start but become apparent not communicating with an intelligent person or genuine discussion type person. It is one thing to have differing opinions and some fun s**t stirring. Another to be wasting time on pure dickheads. Troll, needy person or just immature. Either way, avoid wasting time on where possible imo.

There's a flipside to that coin. I'm not. Reason is simple. We've probably told Martin what fitness based requirements need to be administered for arrival on November 28 onwards, and we're picking up this player for free. FREE!! Wait 2 weeks for that price and be happy if his talent shines through, because we all know it's there, let's hope a different, professional environment gets the best out of him. I will agree though Cockroach is a @#$% and deserves the butt kicking he's getting through his delusion of what constitutes a fair trade. We keep the picks and Martin for free. Worth a fortnight's wait any day of the week.
If he is locked in I would imagine a PT ( with a direct line to CFC) would be by his side at the very least. He’s clearly disgruntled with his current employer and going by comments on BF some GC players. There’s always the potential for players like this to have fallen out of love with the game at least a little. If we are going to front end so heavily things would be in place big time to manage both his fitness and his wellbeing surely.

For Christ’s sake people I have been here for 14 years and never posted a rumour. I’m not just quoting other people in the public domain or on here. It’s fair dinkum. Proper rumour. Proper conversion with someone who KNOWS. Take it or leave it.
Not believing until it's in the 'no conversation' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back