Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats FT. My makeshift NYE was actually one of the best I’ve ever had. Since Falls Lorne got cancelled my mate set up a couple of glamping tents / couches / carpet alongside a gazebo and DJ decks on a spare block a few minutes from home. Rigged up power by tossing a giant extension cord over some trees to our mate’s second floor balcony who lived over the road. Went off without a hitch and we finally wound down around 4:30am (although the big speakers got turned down around 1:30am for the sake of the neighbours). Coopers greens were the beer of choice as I needed something sessionable without being too watery or weak. An old fave.

Did my NYE right hanging out at the missus'. All we had was Wild Turkey and Cruisers and no one wanted to go out to get anything else. Classy :)

Here's to another year and on top of that, another decade of advancing the frontier of graphic design (and not getting the fame and glory that we all rightly deserve for doing so :drunk:).

On another note, today is my 3rd BigFooty birthday. So thanks again for all the help, assistance, feedback, etc that has lead me along the way.

Congratz Freight Train, wishing you both well!

My new years eve was interesting. Had pre-drinks at my mate's girlfriends where I got plastered and watched Rashid Khan nearly get the Strikers over the line. Then went to a house party which went off, 80 people responded as going on Facebook but idk how many were actually there. Someone pulled out the washing machine there for some reason which caused alot of damage and I also got locked in a toilet at one stage. Got home at around 3, in the Uber ride home apparently I wouldn't shut the * up about "the roaring 20's". Very memorable night, lots of fun stories came of it.

Spent NYE at a house party, wanted to take a break from beer so got some CC and coke cans very good stuff, also had some smirnoff ice's, that stuff really goes through ya

Recently got a new LG Ultrawide 21:9 30'' display and boy does it change the entire game when desigining on photoshop.

giphy.gif

Been seeing the CFA and Vic Police emblems a lot recently, and I just gotta say they are really neat and minimal logos. It would be cool to see a Vic Ambulance Service in the same kind of style and in the colour green perhaps. Would make things really easy to identify, even for children who have a strong affinity for distinct colours.
1578192122345.png 1578192144931.png

Edit: Sorry, I hope this doesn't come off as trivialising the current bushfire situation over here, there's no intention of that. If you haven't already, please donate.

Last edited:
Since Falls Festival got cancelled my group got our money back and donated to the fires. Turned out all of our money together added up to be around $9,000 - $10,000. It's a good feeling donating to such a good cause and I urge everyone else to do so. You won't regret it x

Since Falls Festival got cancelled my group got our money back and donated to the fires. Turned out all of our money together added up to be around $9,000 - $10,000. It's a good feeling donating to such a good cause and I urge everyone else to do so. You won't regret it x
* that's a mega effort. We had a Red Cross donation 'pile' at church today and there must have been thousands in there, incredible.

Hey everyone,

I'm just letting everyone know that I'm officially hanging up the mouse and leaving bigfooty as of tomorrow. It's something I've thought of for a while and with a few issues and a major saga going on it has made me rethink my life and with my Pops passing as Well as what everyone said about my fear of dying, I've come to the conclusion that bigfooty does take up quite a bit of time and with coaching now I just don't think I have the time and the skill no more. Yes I've been controversial on here but I do love everyone on here and glad I have been on here for the last few years and this has been a second family as I have visited here every day for the past few years so thank you. If you do wish to contact me before tomorrow please feel free to PM me but other than that, thanks for the memories and wish everyone the best of luck.

I would finally like to thank the following people for their support throughout my bigfooty life.
fancyscum
Fizzler
craegus
El_Scorcho

Thanks everyone,
GS
:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings from halfway between Noumea and Mystery Island
Currently on a Royal Caribbean Ovation of the seas cruise with the fam, it’s its own bloody crown, it’s massive!
Anyone else been on these massive cruises? Before this my biggest was Sprites of Tas, highly recommend these cruises with the fam or lads.
Stuff yourself silly, mint pools, drinks flow like water, plenty of stuff going on

Currently on a Royal Caribbean Ovation of the seas cruise with the fam, it’s its own bloody crown, it’s massive!
Anyone else been on these massive cruises? Before this my biggest was Sprites of Tas, highly recommend these cruises with the fam or lads.
Stuff yourself silly, mint pools, drinks flow like water, plenty of stuff going on
Only been on a cruise once, must have been grade 4 when I went. I didn't have to worry about spending my own money on food and drinks, probably put a sizable dent in my mum/dad's bank account. That as half the fun. I imagine it would be a lot more enjoyable as an adult though so I might have to save up for one in the coming years.

The Half Back hit ‘em with it

Only been on a cruise once, must have been grade 4 when I went. I didn't have to worry about spending my own money on food and drinks, probably put a sizable dent in my mum/dad's bank account. That as half the fun. I imagine it would be a lot more enjoyable as an adult though so I might have to save up for one in the coming years.
If you're thinking about it do it.

Been on a couple of cruises.
Once in Yr2 on the SuperStar Virgo (Singapore, Langkawi, Phuket). Went with mum and the g’rents.
Then went on the Carnival Spirit (Sydney, SP Islands, Fiji) with mum g’rents, aunt, unlce, cousins in 2014. Ever since I refused to go on big family holidays

The Half Back hit ‘em with it
Cruisin' is livin'

Heading off on my 4th at the start of March and I'm only 24. Best way to travel IMO, hotels all sorted, transport all sorted, majority of food sorted, activities sorted, multiple destinations, meet great people, just an all round great time. Literally the only thing you pay for on a cruise is alcohol.

Have done the South Pac with Carnival as well as NZ and Australia with Princess.

Also helps that I work in the travel industry and know all the ins and outs of cruising :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back