Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't had a chance to write about this until now but....Dwayne Russell, given his job, doesn't even bother to learn or know who the captains are of the clubs.....mentioned yesterday who was going to be on his show....the captain of the Brisbane Lions Lachie Neale! Had to be corrected a few moments later.

He should've known the captain is Zorko. Ordinary to say the least for a compare of a show.
Maybe just an honest slip up.

Its interesting how theyve dropped aflw all of a sudden

Marketing and ratings guy finally got a word out at the production meeting -

"Guys - seen our ratings??? Women don't listen to SEN. We advertise to guys over 60 who get excited by Sexyland ads. Give AFLW a spell will ya'!"

Haven't had a chance to write about this until now but....Dwayne Russell, given his job, doesn't even bother to learn or know who the captains are of the clubs.....mentioned yesterday who was going to be on his show....the captain of the Brisbane Lions Lachie Neale! Had to be corrected a few moments later.

He should've known the captain is Zorko. Ordinary to say the least for a compare of a show.
Lachie Neale joined the Lions!!?

You are surprised?
If you choose to listen to such sub standard hours of station you should expect this. Once he was named to be hosting such hours anybody that has any respect for their time is not going to tune into the station in those hours. Now you are aware how sub standard he is, you have no reason to complain if you continue to tune in for now on to such dropkick hosts.

Marketing and ratings guy finally got a word out at the production meeting -

"Guys - seen our ratings??? Women don't listen to SEN. We advertise to guys over 60 who get excited by Sexyland ads. Give AFLW a spell will ya'!"

Or the ad where the lady says its time for a D and N or something...no not a deep and meaningful!

In regards to the VFL Hour (mentioned earlier), IIRC it was on at about 8pm on Thursday nights.

Was a good slot then, as able to mention the ins and out for the weekend's VFL teams.

Moving it to Mondays/Tuesdays was dumb and killed the relevancy of the show.

Maybe just an honest slip up.

If it was he would've corrected himself straight away, but he had to be told. Can't imagine Whately or even BP not knowing the basics of football knowledge i.e captains of the clubs, they would at least check beforehand if not sure...

...I thought it was a bad mistake for someone in his position, not earth shattering I know but he's supposed to be an "expert" or he wouldn't have the job.

You are surprised?
If you choose to listen to such sub standard hours of station you should expect this. Once he was named to be hosting such hours anybody that has any respect for their time is not going to tune into the station in those hours. Now you are aware how sub standard he is, you have no reason to complain if you continue to tune in for now on to such dropkick hosts.

Continue? I haven't listened since, neither had I listened before....I happened to be in my car, started the motor, the radio came on just as he started his show, I turned it off in disgust, didn't even wait to hear Lachie Neale.

I rarely listen to SEN now.....car radio is on 1116, but I will turn it off if not interested in subject matter.

Continue? I haven't listened since, neither had I listened before....I happened to be in my car, started the motor, the radio came on just as he started his show, I turned it off in disgust, didn't even wait to hear Lachie Neale.

I rarely listen to SEN now.....car radio is on 1116, but I will turn it off if not interested in subject matter.
Same. I have radio in car on SEN. I will hear Dwayno from time to time due to this but I turn it off most times and plug in mp3 radio and listen to podcasts instead of driving by myself in middle of day. Early in morning though, I tend to leave it on SEN. Radio in kitchen at home is on SEN too. I heard Dwayne from the odd podcast I listened to from 3aw Sportstoday and knew he was a dropkick from few times I heard him there interviewing someone I wanted to hear from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The parent company announced the half year financial results yerterday. Profit down 34%.
I had to laugh when I saw that "Production/Creativity expenses" went up by $5 million for the half year. As our esteemed friend Registered User would say "where the * did the money go, did I farking miss something?"

Last edited:
In regards to the VFL Hour (mentioned earlier), IIRC it was on at about 8pm on Thursday nights.

Was a good slot then, as able to mention the ins and out for the weekend's VFL teams.

Moving it to Mondays/Tuesdays was dumb and killed the relevancy of the show.

It was a good show, it was immediately after the AFL teams were announced.

By the way, the other day my son (early 20's) asked "Crowded House seem to have a lot of good songs, were they big?"

He got the VC of the Lions wrong a few days ago as well. Said it was Eric Hipwood, had to be corrected off the text that it's actually Harris Andrews.

Dwayno might need to brush up on his Lions knowledge.

If it was he would've corrected himself straight away, but he had to be told. Can't imagine Whately or even BP not knowing the basics of football knowledge i.e captains of the clubs, they would at least check beforehand if not sure...

...I thought it was a bad mistake for someone in his position, not earth shattering I know but he's supposed to be an "expert" or he wouldn't have the job.
this is a good point...i like dwayne,but imagine it was KB who was exposed or Gary for not knowing,there would be a call to move them on,theyre past it,
get someone in whose done some research etc etc,gotta say your right,its quite unacceptable from a key host

this is a good point...i like dwayne,but imagine it was KB who was exposed or Gary for not knowing,there would be a call to move them on,theyre past it,
get someone in whose done some research etc etc,gotta say your right,its quite unacceptable from a key host
garys knowledge is somewhat limited. he always makes a point to inform listeners hes not an expert in A, B or C

garys knowledge is somewhat limited. he always makes a point to inform listeners hes not an expert in A, B or C
true & it comes across as unprofessional in the sense of knowledge,we know its mostly laziness,cant be bothered doing the research etc
dwayne should know the captains & VC's as a minimum ,the absolute minimum

these guys,Lyon,Watson & Russell & CO. better start realising this AFLW distraction is doing nothing for theyre image & professionalism as hosts
if they cant even tell us who the appointed leaders of the multi million dollar football clubs that we support are , in the most popular professional sport in this
f****n country,not to mention the most watched

Hey Hutchy, what the fak happened to the last five minutes of the footy tonight? Did you only pay for the line until 10:30 pm? :D
Langdon made a stilted comment about some listeners have to leave them, then it suddenly went off, right after he said that they might be in for a cliffhanger finish. :) Ammicha.

EDIT: ah right, I didn't know there was a lightning delay for about 15 minutes, but still....

Last edited:
Here are this year's ratings survey release dates. Bookmark it :p:thumbsu:

9qhJS3d.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back