Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered where you were and thought about giving you a shout out but figured you might be busy with other things and didn't want to nag you.
Busy...very busy :( Dont even have time to check the blog at work.
Luckily no cases near us. Yet.
General sense of panic in the community and my patient numbers have increased. Trying to give the "stay calm, follow the govt advice" lines.
Pandemic plan in place. Planning for the worst, hoping for the best.
Go safely everyone. Stay home as much as possible.

General sense of panic in the community and my patient numbers have increased. Trying to give the "stay calm, follow the govt advice" lines.

Good luck kingswood, stay well and all the best. We'll still be around when and if you have the time to check in. :)

More likely the breakthrough was some obscure administrator who decided there was enough spare capacity to run a bunch of cold cases through the DNA lab. The investigators were lucky, but as a result of somone totally uninvolved in the case organising routine work.
Not from what I know. I did say a few times that they had no one for the crime/s. NO ONE ! Not a single male nor female. They had DNA but no one ideal to test it with. Then they had to go back to Karrakatta & Hollywood Hospital. Local cases that might be linked to Claremont. Plus at the same time they branched out to unsolved crimes way out in the suburbs. Then came along the Kimono clue. But they still needed to link that nightwear to someone.

Are u a doctor?

You can register to get the audio of the court proceedings here.

Listening to it now. Terrible audio and paced stupendously slow (as in real life). They managed to edit the day down to 3 hrs 20 mins but still kept in long delays for the witnesses to be called. And only Monday is online and this is Friday.

So my verdict is this is a really second class operation, but I'll make a good effort to turn up to the last two weeks of the prosecution case (whether or not I need supplemenatry oxygen :sick:)

The only take-away is Hall is still running the entirely reasonable and accomodating line. Anything Yovich wants he will get (asides from a case dismissed of course :) ).

Listening to it now. Terrible audio and paced stupendously slow (as in real life). They managed to edit the day down to 3 hrs 20 mins but still kept in long delays for the witnesses to be called. And only Monday is online and this is Friday.

So my verdict is this is a really second class operation, but I'll make a good effort to turn up to the last two weeks of the prosecution case (whether or not I need supplemenatry oxygen :sick:)

The only take-away is Hall is still running the entirely reasonable and accomodating line. Anything Yovich wants he will get (asides from a case dismissed of course :) ).

If it can be swung over to a podcast, several apps have an option to speed them up to twice as fast.

If it can be swung over to a podcast, several apps allow have an option to speed them up to twice as fast.

Sadly the website requires full control of the audio. The Supreme Court practice statement says video webcasting of trials is to be encouraged. What has happened in the BRE case is way short of the aspirations in the statement.

I note that yesterday Justice Hall had to bring in and chastise security staff who were banning students and pensioners from the court - under orders from their manager.

I sense there may be a discord between what the court wants and what the ministry of justice is prepared to allow.

All four days of this week are up now. I started listening to Monday but it got too boring for me after a minute or two so won't be listening to the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All four days of this week are up now. I started listening to Monday but it got too boring for me after a minute or two so won't be listening to the rest.

Probably the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes are useful. That's when the course of the trial is discussed and we may learn of interesting witnesses to come.

Probably the first 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes are useful. That's when the course of the trial is discussed and we may learn of interesting witnesses to come.
Anything new out of this week that we should know? I haven’t had a big chance to listen to anything. Whilst work is busy I’ll take it. Because I’d say my job will be shut down within a week or 2.

Anything new out of this week that we should know? I haven’t had a big chance to listen to anything. Whilst work is busy I’ll take it. Because I’d say my job will be shut down within a week or 2.

This week was basically police continuity evidence of hair and fibres. Yovich as usual picking up on paperwork mistakes.

This week was short with early closing and Friday skipped completely. There was a question whether next week will be a full week, but it's probably going to be so even if they have to fill in gaps with read into evidence witness statements.

Was backtracking over a few Post Newspaper editions this morning and found a couple of things in the below article (bolded) that might be of interest (or concern) to readers.

https://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/21032020.pdf
(screenshot in the claremont-murders-media thread)

Members of the public had a rare look at Bradley Robert Edwards, 51, accused of the Claremont serial killings. He appeared relaxed and unguarded for more than 10 minutes on a video screen from Casuarina Prison before a special court hearing began on Wednesday afternoon. As he waited for the court to convene, he could be seen chatting and gesticulating to someone just off camera, with Edwards doing most of the talking. During normal court hearings he sits mostly impassive in the dock, not looking to the public gallery, often with his eyes shut or staring into the distance, the corners of his mouth downturned. The trial judge, Justice Stephen Hall, convened the special hearing at short notice to address how his court would handle the COVID-19 crisis and said that the trial would proceed as scheduled. He said witnesses, some of them elderly, would be allowed to appear on video, from home if necessary. One future witness has already self isolated. Witnesses giving evidence from home would be told that these sites would be deemed to be extensions to the courtroom. Numbers in the public gallery will be limited to keep people apart. A delayed audio recording, edited to cut any suppressed material, would be available the day after hearings. ....

Not from what I know. I did say a few times that they had no one for the crime/s. NO ONE ! Not a single male nor female. They had DNA but no one ideal to test it with. Then they had to go back to Karrakatta & Hollywood Hospital. Local cases that might be linked to Claremont. Plus at the same time they branched out to unsolved crimes way out in the suburbs. Then came along the Kimono clue. But they still needed to link that nightwear to someone.

I thought they started by re running the kimono? Then having a match DNA to Kara they still didn’t have an identity.......this is despite having his prints and "should" have had DNA from HH.

So it was dumb luck driven by an admin person re running spare capacity that this whole thing got kick started.

The clever work was matching the prints to HDale and that got them to HH and a possible identity.

The sprite bottle confirmed it and all the rest of the evidence was required to get it to court.

Last edited:
I thought they started by re running the kimono? Then having a match DNA to Kara they still didn’t have an identity.......this is despite having his prints and "should" have had DNA from HH.

So it was dumb luck driven by an admin person re running spare capacity that this whole thing got kick started.

The clever work was matching the prints to HDale and that got them to HH and a possible identity.

The sprite bottle confirmed it and all the rest of the evidence was required to get it to court.
I am not sure which came first. Hey PowerRaid. There are powers inside of you which, if you could discover & use, would make of you everything you ever dreamed or imagined you could become. From the good Doctor P.

I am not sure which came first. Hey PowerRaid. There are powers inside of you which, if you could discover & use, would make of you everything you ever dreamed or imagined you could become. From the good Doctor P.

My glory days have been and I’m just happy enjoying the fruits of my labour

Life’s good

FYI, a summary of each day and aound half an hour of panel discussion is at https://podcasts.google.com/ under the title CLAREMONT: The Trial
It's the same as perthnow podcast but easier to find.

Monday the 30th was all about finding fibres in Jane Rimmer's hair mass.

Trying to catch up last night, there was also a drama when a security guard was hauled before the judge for not allowing some pensioners in to the court.

Trying to catch up last night, there was also a drama when a security guard was hauled before the judge for not allowing some pensioners in to the court.

That was last week. I'm tempted to go in for a session just to spite the guards :devil: - actually, not the guards but their manager.

From tonight it will be illegal to travel between zones in W.A. without a very limited valid reason. Telling a cop that you are travelling to see the trial would be mint! Especially when you explain that they will be in contempt of court if they try and stop you!

"She also explained the various techniques used to distinguish between fibres saying the techniques allowed them to determine whether a fibre was cotton, rayon and what sort of dye was used on that fibre."
From West Australian Blog.
This is what I was saying before...The fibres will match. Its beyond just "navy blue".

Everything is heating up re this virus. Many people on four cruise ships let off in Sydney have the Covid-19 virus. WTF? And without health checks & temperature checks not being tested. Politicians are going OMG. That is a massive issue for Eastern Staters. Meanwhile the WA Govt. are doing a better job with the cruise ship arrivals.
Queensland holding Council Elections. Incredibility stupid and irresponsible. Lets hope their numbers don't spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back