Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you hate it right.. when you've spent half and hr to an hr styling your hair in the morning.. rain has ceased outside after a heavy downpour and s**t like that.. and you go and walk to your car or whatever re.. and you get a big dollop of water hit your hair from a tree a drain pipe a building or whatever re.. and it *s it all up.. and you haven't got time to f re-style it and that re.. so you're conscious of it all day.. like there's a bit of flat patch on your cranium and s**t like that.. f it pisses me off something chronic re.. ffs. ****ed up my day now mate. I'm f serious man.

Can one change their act name on here and that re.. wanna change it to something that encapsulates me..

Thoughts on:

HisAirness
AirWog
TheOne
LoveMachine

I was thinking the 4th option.. streamlined and covers all bases and that re.
I like AirWog

Don't you hate it right.. when you've spent half and hr to an hr styling your hair in the morning.. rain has ceased outside after a heavy downpour and s**t like that.. and you go and walk to your car or whatever re.. and you get a big dollop of water hit your hair from a tree a drain pipe a building or whatever re.. and it fu**s it all up.. and you haven't got time to f re-style it and that re.. so you're conscious of it all day.. like there's a bit of flat patch on your cranium and s**t like that.. f it pisses me off something chronic re.. ffs. f’ed up my day now mate. I'm f serious man.
I’m angry for you Gimp
But look on the bright side - your day can only improve re.... 😄

I like AirWog
I do too with it's similarities to earwig but I'd stick to BringouttheGimp. The avatar could use a bit more thought. I have no idea of the identity of the guy wielding the guitar. It's all greek to me. The Gimp changes his avatar as often as the rest of us change our underwear.

Awful day in Melbourne. Puts the fear of winter into me. With bugger-all covid cases the premiers of many states are holding off opening their borders for at least several months. Talk about overkill. Not to mention nannies.

I do too with it's similarities to earwig but I'd stick to BringouttheGimp. The avatar could use a bit more thought. I have no idea of the identity of the guy wielding the guitar. It's all greek to me. The Gimp changes his avatar as often as the rest of us change our underwear.

Awful day in Melbourne. Puts the fear of winter into me. With bugger-all covid cases the premiers of many states are holding off opening their borders for at least several months. Talk about overkill. Not to mention nannies.

NSW & Queensland want to open their borders. The federal deputy health officer stated that there are no medical reasons for borders to remain shut, but some premiers responded to this by declaring that they won't be bullied. 🤦‍♂️

Comrade Dan is probably building trenches in Wodonga to defend against any incidental tourism coming from NSW or Queensland for years to come.

1590018853757.png

P.S: This is a joke, I think Dan has done a fine job.

Last edited:

With NSW opening for domestic travel, can't you just drive up to Nimbin?

NSW & Queensland want to open their borders. The federal deputy health officer stated that there are no medical reasons for borders to remain shut, but some premiers responded to this by declaring that they won't be bullied. 🤦‍♂️

Comrade Dan is probably building trenches in Wodonga to defend against any incidental tourism coming from NSW or Queensland for years to come.

View attachment 878846

P.S: This is a joke, I think Dan has done a fine job.
Queensland's premier wants to open the state's border?! That's not what she said several days back. I heard her suggest September as a likely opening time and that she wanted to see a full month with no covid cases before considering an opening of the border.

I would have given you a like for the comrade Dan mock-up, except your sucky PS nullified the impact for me. I had seen it before as another poster not wishing to be seen as critical by sensitive BF posters PMed it to me a few weeks back. I still prefer 'Big Ears'.

Queensland's premier wants to open the state's border?! That's not what she said several days back. I heard her suggest September as a likely opening time and that she wanted to see a full month with no covid cases before considering an opening of the border.

I would have given you a like for the comrade Dan mock-up, except your sucky PS nullified the impact for me. I had seen it before as another poster not wishing to be seen as critical by sensitive BF posters PMed it to me a few weeks back. I still prefer 'Big Ears'.

You're right, not Queensland, I misread the news and will edit my post.

It's doing Comrade Big Ears a disservice if we don't acknowledge that he has done a good job, as have the feds.

You're right, not Queensland, I misread the news and will edit my post.

It's doing Comrade Big Ears a disservice if we don't acknowledge that he has done a good job, as have the feds.
It's not that difficult to close borders and impose restrictions that others have already employed. Countries like Taiwan and Vietnam have arguably done better without our geographical and demographic advantages. Other countries have done significantly worse. As I have said before, it's the future restrictions that concern me most, and the potential for long term nannying.

I find it interesting the attacks on her regarding opening the closed border.
WA have a hard border shutdown, SA, NT, TAS also still have closed borders but not a word is said about them.

Fascinating.

This is the first time in my life I have been made aware of the existence of Nimbin... "Australia’s most famous hippie destination and alternative lifestyle capital". :)

That probably tells you all you need to know about me.

With NSW opening for domestic travel, can't you just drive up to Nimbin?

I am still negotiating a new car but yes I could.

It's not that difficult to close borders and impose restrictions that others have already employed. Countries like Taiwan and Vietnam have arguably done better without our geographical and demographic advantages. Other countries have done significantly worse. As I have said before, it's the future restrictions that concern me most, and the potential for long term nannying.

That's not doing them justice because they had to go against the grain to close the country/state (and in hindsight should have done so earlier).

I agree that what counts the most now is how well they will be able to get things rolling again; not just interstate travel but the economy in general. The timing won't please everyone, that's not possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it interesting the attacks on her regarding opening the closed border.
WA have a hard border shutdown, SA, NT, TAS also still have closed borders but not a word is said about them.

Fascinating.
Nobody wants to go to SA or Tas. The northern territory is trying to protect the indigenous communities but it's another state I would like to see open up. Queensland could significantly benefit from tourism if they open the border. Their tourist season runs from June to October so opening in September is leaving it a bit late to take advantage of an opportunity to benefit their economy. The number of covid cases across the whole country is low so can't see why states should be afraid to open their borders.

Nobody wants to go to SA or Tas. The northern territory is trying to protect the indigenous communities but it's another state I would like to see open up. Queensland could significantly benefit from tourism if they open the border. Their tourist season runs from June to October so opening in September is leaving it a bit late to take advantage of an opportunity to benefit their economy. The number of covid cases across the whole country is low so can't see why states should be afraid to open their borders.
Short term pain, QLD will always benefit from tourism.

SA is a great state to visit with all their wineries, NT is also very reliant on tourism and I love Tassie. I don't believe it is all about tourism.

This is the first time in my life I have been made aware of the existence of Nimbin... "Australia’s most famous hippie destination and alternative lifestyle capital". :)

That probably tells you all you need to know about me.
It's a naturally beautiful but very weird place. A small country town full of old fogies, half of whom are conservative Queensland farmers and the other half have been stoned and tripping since the 70s.

Yep, even the website is a bit of a trip.

I followed the "Faces of Nimbin" link to read the following from one of the featured locals:

"...
I am a super girl and I have wings to fly with. Like all beings on earth I am made of stardust created from galactic collisions.

I came to Nimbin many years ago, a student artist dropping out from the rat race to settle in an idealistic way of life with like-minded people in a beautiful environment.
..."

It's a naturally beautiful but very weird place. A small country town full of old fogies, half of whom are conservative Queensland farmers and the other half have been stoned and tripping since the 70s.

I would go to Tassie anytime of the year, in fact if it weren't for family, would live there.

I'm the same way inclined Maggie but the islands I'd be parking my butt on are in the Mediterranean. :)

MG and Jah..

How does change their act name.. I wanna change it to '1'.

You have to send a request to admin or have a premium account. Not sure "1" would be allowed :tearsofjoy: and just like everyone else, I prefer "AirWog" if you're going to go down that path.

That's not doing them justice because they had to go against the grain to close the country/state (and in hindsight should have done so earlier).

I agree that what counts the most now is how well they will be able to get things rolling again; not just interstate travel but the economy in general. The timing won't please everyone, that's not possible.
BE in particular has delivered really clear consistent messages. Since a shambolic beginning - the Fderal govrnment has done the same. People have forgotten (or weren't aware because they thought coronavirus was all hype an thus weren't following the story) how much of a shambles the Federal govrnment's beginning was. The reluctance to get tests and bizarre messages of that after Dutton tested positive. The rugby thing. They had no idea what thy were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back