Preview Round 4, 2020 Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not surprised no big changes, Zorko must be 100% which is great, looking forward to seeing some good transition this week, and hope we can take all of our opportunities to build into Port and Collingwood

Few on the Crows board would be happy with that. He hasn't been good. Tex pretty lucky to remain in the side imo. Was hoping he would get named in the final squad though.

Surprised Crouch was dropped over Tex. As someone who has unfortunately watched both Adelaide games - Tex definitely stood out as a player not working anywhere near hard enough. Crouch wasn't great, but I'm surprised they dropped him against our midfield.

Jordan Gallucci is out for the Crows. Ruptured his Achilles.

Don't know if he's any good because I don't follow the Crows.

I just don't see how the Crows midfield will stand a chance against us. Not trying to sound cocky, but they've got a very short list of guys who can rotate in the middle.

Our biggest weakness will be our complacency if we didnt learn our lesson from Carlton last year.

Our biggest weakness will be our complacency if we didnt learn our lesson from Carlton last year.

I was worried about that too, but I just can't see that happening. I think that Carlton loss taught this team an incredible lesson and under Fagan, complacency will not be a factor.

I was reflecting earlier on how bad we were under Leppa, and remember going into games where we were either favourites or close to and got smashed - reeked of many things, including complacency.

I just can't see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d personally go Ballenden in for Smith. Two rucks and one that has no impact around the ground means we’re effectively playing with 21. I just can’t for the life of me work out why Smith is being selected over say a Ballenden who can play second string ruck but more importantly can actually play footy to a reasonable standard.

Spot on D12 - and from what I can read thru my online Lions following, Ballanden has well earned his crack at the big time.

edit: oops, too late.:sick:

Last edited:
I was worried about that too, but I just can't see that happening. I think that Carlton loss taught this team an incredible lesson and under Fagan, complacency will not be a factor.

I was reflecting earlier on how bad we were under Leppa, and remember going into games where we were either favourites or close to and got smashed - reeked of many things, including complacency.

I just can't see it happening.
I also remember him saying that he had identified which games that he thought we could win. Which meant that h thought and probably expected all the other games to lose in, which gave the guys an out if they lost. I go into each game thinking we are a genuine chance of beating them now (except for Collingwood and Richmond, just don't think we are up to their level yet)

They have dropped some experience this week.

Their pre-game thread is an interesting look at their thoughts on dropping both a Crouch and Seeds. Some called for Keays to go before either of them.

A few wishing they had Lyons still...

Adelaide fielding one of the weakest teams you'll see, and surely demoralized at this point. I fully expect Lachie and pals to lead us to a blowout win

Adelaide fielding one of the weakest teams you'll see, and surely demoralized at this point. I fully expect Lachie and pals to lead us to a blowout win

Football is a funny game.

I seem to remember a game few years ago (2017 I think) where the Crows were undefeated playing a ragtag North Melbourne side that had been poo until that game.

And North kicked something like 10 goals to Adelaide's 0.0 by quarter time

Actually, here it is

North Melbourne
10.4 12.6 17.12 22.13​
145​
Sat 06-May-2017 1:45 PM Att: 10,064 Venue: Bellerive Oval
Adelaide
0.0 5.6 9.7 13.8​
86​
North Melbourne won by 59 pts [Match stats]

Going into that game, Adelaide were 6 and 0 and North were 1 and 5

Never assume a win

Football is a funny game.

I seem to remember a game few years ago (2017 I think) where the Crows were undefeated playing a ragtag North Melbourne side that had been poo until that game.

And North kicked something like 10 goals to Adelaide's 0.0 by quarter time

Actually, here it is

North Melbourne
10.4 12.6 17.12 22.13​
145​
Sat 06-May-2017 1:45 PM Att: 10,064 Venue: Bellerive Oval
Adelaide
0.0 5.6 9.7 13.8​
86​
North Melbourne won by 59 pts [Match stats]

Going into that game, Adelaide were 6 and 0 and North were 1 and 5

Never assume a win
I remember watching that game. It was beyond a joke - the Hobart wind into Bellerive was massively favouring one end, with NM bombing them from 60m+ and Adelaide's clearing kicks going 35m. Adelaide didn't adjust in time and despite being outscored for the rest of the game NM held on to win. The scoring total to each end was 24.17 to 11.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back