Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings
hqdefault.jpg

In: McKay, McGovern
Out: Pittonet, Martin

At some stage guys like Dow, LOB, Cuningham, Marchbank need to be displacing Kennedy, Murphy, Betts, Simpson for us to prepare for next season.

Out: Pittonet, Martin, Murphy and Simpson rested.

In: McKay, Dow, Polson and Marchbank.

We have another decent break.

Marchbank was bog in the practice game. I want to see Polson and Marchbank in the backline for Simpson and SPS.

SPS moved to the wing for Murphy. Dow midfield mins are a must takes Martin spot.

Pittonet out TDK number 1 and McKay as a forward.

OUT: Martin (inj), Pitt (inj/managed), Murphy (managed), Betts (Managed)

INS: Gov, H, Cunners, (assuming they are fit) Dow.

Would be tempted LOB for Newnes and I think Cripps will need to be "managed" as well either this week or prob against GC in the NT.

Will Gov and Harry be ready? Would love to see Dow and Marchbank in the mix. Hopefully form suggests Honey and O’Brien are pushing too..

Not advocating mass changes by any means but would think there’s at least Martin out and a case for TDK to have a crack at no1 ruck with Levi relieving him.

I really liked the game of Kennedy. BUT not in the middle. He can’t get any clearances. The sample size on that is significant now. Four weeks running he’s been unable to get more than 2 clearances in any game. He’s not an outside mid. I have really liked him at half forward and I think he needs to go there and stay there. I like him hitting out on the lead he’s such a good mark.

But please dump that experiment now. It was dubious at first and its failed. The coaches need to show they learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked the game of Kennedy. BUT not in the middle. He can’t get any clearances. The sample size on that is significant now. Four weeks running he’s been unable to get more than 2 clearances in any game. He’s not an outside mid. I have really liked him at half forward and I think he needs to go there and stay there. I like him hitting out on the lead he’s such a good mark.

But please dump that experiment now. It was dubious at first and its failed. The coaches need to show they learn.

Think they mentioned he was negating Shuey today and if so did a great job. Tackles well. Took some fantastic contested marks around the ground also. I think he’ll be important in getting on top of Fremantle’s slighter midfield.

IN: Harry, Dow
OUT: Pitt, Martin

We don’t need massive changes.

Gibbons gets another week as he’s put the runs on the board.

Eddie and Willo may be up for a rest.

Murphy skating on thin ice but not sure we’re ready to lose a ball winner like him just yet, especially in such a winnable game.

Willo needs to keep playing. He's getting better every week.

Murphy will stay because of his heroics against Freo last year and he was okay in the first half today.

Eddie should get a rest. Honey or Owies have earned a chance there.

Dow comes in for Martin, strengthening our midfield and we could almost play both of Honey and Owies, and rest Gibbons as well.

LOB for Newnes seems the way to go too.

Seeing Fish and TDK improve us immediately is a sign that some of these twos players need to be cycled through to give them a shot.

I'm happy for Harry to miss again and bring in Gov for a home state game. It is more likely we bring in Gov and Harry though. It's no coincidence that Betts is down with less spillages in the front half.

My conservative changes:

Out: Pittonet (inj), Martin (inj), Betts (Managed), Simpson (Managed)
In: McKay, McGovern, Dow, Honey

Plowman Weitering Docherty
Williamson Jones Cottrell
Walsh Cripps Newnes
Kennedy McGovern Fisher
Honey McKay Casboult
De Koning Setterfield Dow

Curnow Murphy Petrevski-Seton Gibbons

Last edited:
Betts needs to come out

1 goal in the last 4 weeks from a small forward

Enough now

For who? I don’t think you’re wrong, he needs a rest, I just can’t see who replaces him.

We’ve been desperate to see Cuners get up the ground more and it’d be a shame to lock him away too deep.

For who? I don’t think you’re wrong, he needs a rest, I just can’t see who replaces him.

We’ve been desperate to see Cuners get up the ground more and it’d be a shame to lock him away too deep.

Play Cottrell HB, move SPS forward changing mid or bring in LOB and play Newnes forward

You could try Honey, Philp

Play Cottrell HB, move SPS forward changing mid or bring in LOB and play Newnes forward

You could try Honey, Philp

I don’t think we should chop and change too much.

Honey is a good shout but obviously not the same type. Knows where the goals are atleast. Having a look at the 2s match report and saw Owies kicked 3. He seems the most like for like but not sure what else he’s offering.

Will always be tough replacing Eddie. I think we lack an extra pure small forward on the list and half forward flankers or under-sized mids aren’t the answer.

I don’t think we should chop and change too much.

Honey is a good shout but obviously not the same type. Knows where the goals are atleast. Having a look at the 2s match report and saw Owies kicked 3. He seems the most like for like but not sure what else he’s offering.

Will always be tough replacing Eddie. I think we lack an extra pure small forward on the list and half forward flankers or under-sized mids aren’t the answer.

Not perfect, but we can't persist with that output from a small forward

Many questioned whether Fisher could play the role as a forward, that got answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back